Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Still fail to understand why Gibby has left Martin the lineup. You just cant have a guy hitting .050 in the heart of your order.

Cool but does it really matter tho. Our whole order is stinking.

I just don't understand, I really don't. Wasted pitching efforts by Estrada and Happ, and now knowingly tomorrow by Sanchez.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, I really like Lindor, can't really hate on this Indians team but because they humiliated our batters, I just want to see them lose. That and I think the Cubs are finally due, would be nice to see a World Series in that city, they do deserve it.

Nope. Hope the Cubs don't make it to the WS.

Cleveland
Dodgers
Apocalypse
Cubs.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Still fail to understand why Gibby has left Martin the lineup. You just cant have a guy hitting .050 in the heart of your order.

Exactly. Did you see Miller embarrass him with his last at bat? The third pitch was called a ball but Miller was in a rush to just toss balls towards the plate for Martin to watch fly by.

Hell, Martin struck out swinging at a pitch that BOUNCED before home plate the previous at bat.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I feel like any pitcher can walk up there and look like a boss against the Jays right now.:laugh:

Yup, that's been the Jays Moto this year, either they mash no matter who's pitching or make no matter who's pitching look like a CY Young candidate. Atleast the last 2 years have made it clear now, the jays actually need some consistent good hitters, not just mashers.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Really want to add some athleticism in the offseason. As effective as the HR is, it would also be nice to scratch a few runs without it.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
I mean how can you disagree with that assessment? I guess EE and the Napoli/Santana combo platter our close. They have missed Michael Brantley the whole year. Kipnis/Lindor blows Travis/Tulo out of the water.

our pitching is better our catching is better, minus martin at the plate this series anyways. First base we are wayyy better not even close really. Center field pillar ill take over chisenhall. We just went radio silent offensively. That's the entire reason, its not like the Indians went off on us they scored and averge of 3 runs a game so far.

Edit chisenhll plays RF, my bad. still Naquin or pillar is a toss up at this point. My only point really is that they don't bloe us outta the water at all positions as you suggested. As I said this series is totally on our offense.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Did u forget the rest of this season? This team can't do **** against good pitching and have been ****ing PATHETIC this series. Absolute horse **** hitting going for the ****ing fenses and missing by a country mile while looking like turds doing so.

Ya we're a playoff team in a crazy good division and made the ALCS so at least we had a good season. People act like our team is crap.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
our pitching is better our catching is better, minus martin at the plate this series anyways. First base we are wayyy better not even close really. Center field pillar ill take over chisenhall. We just went radio silent offensively. That's the entire reason, its not like the Indians went off on us they scored and averge of 3 runs a game so far.

That's great and all, but games aren't played on paper.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ya we're a playoff team in a crazy good division and made the ALCS so at least we had a good season. People act like our team is crap.

The Blue Jays have proven one thing: They can beat the Texas Rangers any time, any place.

That's it. Not even putting up a fight like they did last year against KC.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014

Indians pitching is top notch. The Jays are not better in that category. Chisenhall doesn't play center. Offense went silent due to great pitching by the Indians. We have to credit them that.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Jays in 7

T9flvMj.gif

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Indians deserve to move on. They are simply playing better. I don't see us winning 4 straight.

I can see us win 4 straight, but its all dependent on the batters. I am confident in Sanchez, Estrada, Happ and Stroman pulling through for us.

Ropesman

May 1, 2016
Charlottetown
Indians pitching is top notch. The Jays are not better in that category. Chisenhall doesn't play center. Offense went silent due to great pitching by the Indians. We have to credit them that.

Yeah I edited my post up above forgot he plays RF my bad

IMO I say the offense is way more to blame then the pitching, it was solid pitching we faced for sure but with the lineup we have theres no excuses, we just didn't show up. Left way to many runners on and couldn't cash when it counted. There pitching is top notch when they have their number 2 nd 3 guys healthy that wasn't the case here.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'm mostly depressed with the lack of fight in this team. They are rolling over.

I mean I get that. But no need for the over the top comments. We are a good team but not a try contender. Last year I felt we were.
The Blue Jays have proven one thing: They can beat the Texas Rangers any time, any place.

That's it. Not even putting up a fight like they did last year against KC.

Last season certainly had a different feel.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
why? Cleveland is really nice Lindor with the smiling, those guys with the beards, there's really nobody there to hate is there?

chicago is hateable just because they are america's sweetheart, and the blackhawks get treated like royalty by the NHL while the Leafs are treated like some second rate nobody

Because I'm sick of Cleveland. **** Lindor and his stupid smile.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I'd be happy just to lead a game, let alone win a game.

I would like at least one win, but regardless, ALCS is not a bad season. Anything can happen in the postseason. I told myself midway through this season that I'd be happy with one of the 8 LDS spots and take my chances from there.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014

IMO I say the offense is way more to blame then the pitching, it was solid pitching we faced for sure but with the lineup we have theres no excuses, we just didn't show up. Left way to many runners on and couldn't cash when it counted. There pitching is top notch when they have their number 2 nd 3 guys healthy that wasn't the case here.

Good point.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Jose deserves a ton of blame IMO. The biggest difference between this season and last is Jose turning into a ****** player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad