GDT: Albany Devils Games (PART II)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hey that ain't true! I like some people. I like all of you guys on here!

No seriously though I don't hate Eckford. I don't like him at all either. It looked like he scored the goal at first, and of course in keeping with Devils tradition even in the AHL it's always a former Devil who scores! Even one who couldn't score an empty net penalty shot if given the chance when they played for us. Like David Steckel!:laugh:

Or Eric Boulton. Although he scored against us before we signed him. Then he became a stupid penalty machine who was only useful when starting fights off opening faceoffs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Or Eric Boulton. Although he scored against us before we signed him. Then he became a stupid penalty machine who was only useful when starting fights off opening faceoffs.
Ehhh You wanna talk about hate. I'm pretty sure I hated Boulton more than anyone here. He was the only player I didn't like from last year. I don't like Cam on the ice, but off the ice he seems particularly awesome. The kinda guy you wanna watch a game with. Just not watch in a game. Boulton last year made Kurtis Foster look like a superstar. Boulton wasn't even on the ice for a goal against all season, let alone going pointless.

I'm pretty sure he, and Cam were both on the ice for a preseason goal against Lundqvist which was scored by Sykora. That looked like promising line that first preseason game!:laugh: If Boulton scores against us I'll be fuming.

Speaking of players who scored on us before we signed them Krys Barch scored one of his two goals against us on Hedberg last year.:help:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Larsson is QBing the PP pretty well me thinks.

Bodes well for the future. I want to see him setting up Kovy's one timer for the next 10 years.

No, but at one time, he was our best defensive prospect, sadly. People overrated him for that very reason.

Says more about the dearth of a our prospect system then than it does about Eckford's talent, unfortunately.

On the other hand, the guys I want to be impressed by, the ones who should have NHL futures, I basically have been. Larsson and Josefson have both been terrific every shift I've watched. Pesonen has been good - not sure good enough for NHL good, but he and Josefson work well together, he's got good size and puck possession skills. Gelinas looks good, Urbom looks good. Butler, of course, looks good. And the goaltenders have both been solid.

That's all I ask for. I know our farm team is not going to be a winner. The development is more important, but it's frustrating to watch this when there is no NHL.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I did not watch the game, just saw the boxscore.

I'd like to see Frazee do well, of course I am rooting for him to win, but is he in our long range plans at this point?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Lou might have plans for a trade involving Frazee. Not just him, but maybe as part of a package? He's got some of the better stats among goalies in the AHL right now. If not I think Frazee stays until 2014 when he's a UFA. Though maybe he's also just taking his time to weigh his options. The team where Wedgewood is in Trenton sounds like a trainwreck, so I really don't expect to see him ripping it up down there for that reason.

I'm not unimpressed with Kinkaid, but some nights I've been more impressed with Frazee out of the two of them. Kinkaid has played a lot more games, and has had more room for error. Both have had to steal some very close 1 goal games Marty style.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
^ If there is a trade, Bleedred, what prospect(s) can the Devils acquire for Frazee?

Really good goalie prospects go for little, so I doubt Frazee adds almost any value to a trade. He'd be the JF Damphousse of a trade.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm talking in a package. Not straight up. You bring up JF Damphousse and he was actually involved in the trade to Anaheim with Sykora for Friesen, and Tverdovsky. I'm talking in a trade with one of the defensemen that could be moved. As part of a package deal. Not straight up for some 6th round pick!:laugh:

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
First line is doing work, Butler has been effective. Not impressed with hrbraneka, Anderson or Parse. Gelinas had a a nice shot and Timmy had the tip.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Butler is incredible he strikes again! If he's gonna be half this good at the NHL level then I'm pretty sure I won't be missing Sykora as much. He's shown NHL level promise before.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Albany gets out of there and edges out 3-2 and don't allow an extra attacker 6 on 5 goal thank god. Sounded like a good game, and Pesonen with the game winner his 5th of the season. Pesonen now has as many goals and points as Tedenby.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Frazee isn't that valuable. I think everyone knows that he won't be an NHL starter now.

The more I watch him the more I think he has NHL potential. Maybe not in a starting role, but he's a pretty solid goaltender. Just look at his stats, they are tops in the league when he lost 8 out of the 11 games. If that doesn't say anything, then I don't know what does.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not talking about packaging Frazee straight up. I'm talking maybe we can use him in a package. JF Damphousse who probably had less potential than Frazee was traded with Sykora for Friesen, and Tverdovsky. Only difference was Damphousse played 6 NHL games to Frazee's 0 so far. And JF never played another game in the NHL again after going to Anaheim.

I really don't wanna give him a hard time, but at this point I can't be the only one, and I've seen Zippy express the same concern. I'm not too confident with Tedenby, but I wish they would give him some time with Josefson before writing him off. I think he would be a little better with him. Right now he's not justifying his spot on the NHL team as Harri Pesonen, and a few others have as many or more points than him, and as we've said he needs to be putting up points cause that's his game. I think Whitney deserves a spot more than him right now, but put him with Josefson first, and give him a chance. Butler has become the Kovy in Albany though. Good on him!:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad