Prospect Info: Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Could be, about 5 games over two seasons.

Yeah, 5 games out of 64 probably isn't the best sample size by which to judge a goalie. At the same time, Wedgewood really IS having a terrible season so far. Gonna be interesting to see if he becomes yet another hyped up Canadian prospect that fizzles out and disappears.

Then again, like we've been saying, Kinkaid hasn't exactly been rock solid until this season. Goalies never seem to be as good as they look when they're hot or as bad as they look when they're ice cold (with a few exceptions, of course).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There isn't really room for him. And I don't blame the staff right now for not taking a chance on a kid when they have bigger things to worry about. Though I guess I wouldn't have minded much if Whitney had been called up before Boucher.

They've literally called up everyone except Darcy Zajac before Whitney, it's mind-boggling at this point.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Just looked at the ECHL stats. Clermont, in 12 games, has a GAA of 3.42 with a sv% of .892.

WOOF

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just looked at the ECHL stats. Clermont, in 12 games, has a GAA of 3.42 with a sv% of .892.

WOOF

I thought maybe he'd be an upgrade over Wedgewood. It doesn't look like it though.

Wedgewood is BRUTAL though.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Both Tedenby's goals were even strength, too. 5 goals and 1 assist in 4 Albany games so far, to go along with 11 shots. Mostly been playing with Kelly Zajac, it looks like, and a rotating 3rd winger (Sislo, Hoeffel, Matteau).

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

WOOF

That suggests he is seeing a ton of shots though no? Perhaps he is just getting peppered down there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Both Tedenby's goals were even strength, too. 5 goals and 1 assist in 4 Albany games so far, to go along with 11 shots. Mostly been playing with Kelly Zajac, it looks like, and a rotating 3rd winger (Sislo, Hoeffel, Matteau).

Well I'm glad he's playing.

I am also glad we didn't lose him for nothing. While I doubt he'll ever be a contributor here in NJ, hopefully a hot run in the A will raise his trade stock.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That suggests he is seeing a ton of shots though no? Perhaps he is just getting peppered down there.

hes made 339 saves and allowed 41 goals in 13 Games

so thats 380 shots total, which would be 29 SA/G average

but his stats look pretty much exactly the same for the last 3 years

roughly 3.2GAA and roughly .890sv%

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m

Albany Devils have no one selected to AHL All-Star Team that will play Farjestad BK of Sweden on Feb. 12.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Bob Howard ‏@PPPSHOW 8m

And how does @AlbanyDevils Joe Whitney not make the team. May break records this season for Albany, in top 10 & not on the team. Hmmm #AHL

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How does Joe Whitney not make the NHL team? But bums like Sestito are getting call ups.:shakehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
you're right...

I think it might just be the glut at center though... I think Lokti is blocking his ****.

Well at least TG asked Lou

Some of you have asked why Joe Whitney, who leads Albany and is tied or sixth in the AHL with 32 points (12 goals and 20 assists) in 34 games, hasn’t gotten a call up to the NHL yet.

Lamoriello said the reason the 5-foot-6 left wing hasn’t gotten a chance yet while others such as Mike Sislo have been called up is, “positional†and based on “style of play.â€

“He has played well there,†Lamoriello said of Whitney. “That’s why we signed him to a two-way contract (last summer). It’s a legitimate question and you could have asked me the same question about Stephen Gionta a few years ago. If there’s a time when we think he can help us, he’ll certainly get that chance.â€
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/..._regain_game_sharpness_following_knee_injury/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad