Prospect Info: Albany Devils & ECHL affiliates Thread, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
jesus Pesonen dat pass

and Demkov is really making an impression out of nowhere!!

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Even Lou was shocked how little Tedenby was used:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...o_mattias_tedenby_needs_to_play_in_games.html

Tedenby, who was assigned to to AHL team Thursday so he could get some playing time, can stay a maximum of two weeks.

"We haven't decided yet," Lamoriello said. "Right now it's just for two games.

"He was not going to be in the lineup. He hasn't really played in games for a while and Albany is certainly short players, so it's a combination of three things. But it will be good for him to play and get some (hitting) and game conditions because we haven't been practicing that much to get that. Practices have been just shots."

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
So what is the major reason Albany has turned it around this year?

Well I don't watch the games, only highlights but if I had to guess I'd say its because Kinkaids been awesome, and they've gotten a huge infusion of talent from Boucher, Merrill Timmins, Scarlett, Helgeson, Matteau, Hrabarenkas emerged nicely and adding Sestito was probably a boost too. Granted alot of them have missed a bunch of games but still.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Also, on the topic of Albany being a good team, it's not all smoke and mirrors this season, either. There's a blogger who has been putting in some work estimating possession numbers in the AHL, and the Devils are up towards the top of the league when it comes to possessing the puck. I don't know how that compares to years past, but they definitely seem like a legitimate threat of a team right now.

With all the youth they've had lately, and the infusion of new top-6 guys while the old regulars phase themselves out, it makes sense that we'd see some fluctuation from previous years. The fact that it's positive fluctuation is a real nice surprise. I wouldn't have guessed guys like Timmins and Demkov and Hrabarenka would make such a splash, but it looks like they have.

http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/11/15/possession-in-the-american-hockey-league

EDIT: oops, forgot the link

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Personally, I'd bet on Merrill returning as well. He's gonna have to look REALLY good to justify pawning off Volchenkov or Harrold.

lol I agree, but that just sounds funny. Harrold and Volch are such average players. Merrill has been pretty great too. If someone isn't dealt, I agree he'll be down. He will know what he needs to improve on and learn to be a number 1 down there so it will be a positive experience. And if we make the playoffs I'd bet he's on the roster.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I rarely follow the AHL Devils, but has Kinkaid really been playing as well as his stats indicate?

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I rarely follow the AHL Devils, but has Kinkaid really been playing as well as his stats indicate?

I think best comparison would be an AHL version of Schneider. Has his really good game and some bad, solid, not aggressive with or without the puck, reliable position wise and nothing flashy.

But he is having far less KinCave nights this year than last, so he is def getting better.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Kinkaid could either be a very solid backup....

or another goalie controversy :sarcasm:

it would actually be pretty awesome if Kinkaid became a solid fringe-starter (ala- Neuvirth, Scrivens) out of nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad