Rumor: Alain Vigneault will not be coaching the NYR next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think AV is a very good NHL coach.

He just isn't what we need. They need to make sure that the players they draft and look to fill out the roster are players who will fit the new coach's scheme, however.

I agree with you that he's a very good coach and I expect he will find another NHL team before too long.

That said I don't think his defensive system was ever very well suited for a good portion of his core group including at least 3 (Klein, Girardi, Staal) of his defensemen through most of his tenure here and he never seemed to do much or let's say enough to rectify that. The team has been hurt as well with not having enough quality depth--a lot of that due to trading off prospects and draft picks. These things have caught up and I don't see any good reason to keep him on board any longer. IMO--a new coach and coaching staff, new systems and a lot of new and a lot of younger players next year.

Reactions: bl02 and GregSirico

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yup single handedly cost us the Ottawa series. Should have been fired then.
AV and Lundqvist share the blame. Lundqvist had one of the worst series I've ever see a goalie have in the playoffs. AV's personnel decisions were mind numbing. It's a shared responsibility, but I pin most of it on AV.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
AV and Lundqvist share the blame. Lundqvist had one of the worst series I've ever see a goalie have in the playoffs. AV's personnel decisions were mind numbing. It's a shared responsibility, but I pin most of it on AV.
To say is hyperbole about Lundqvist would be an understatement.

He wasnt nearly as good as he was versus Montreal but one of the worst series by any goalie ever in the playoffs? No chance.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kinda harsh to AV here eh?

Every team gets tired of their coach over time (Scotty B doesnt count).

He gave us some pretty damn good teams.He just isnt the right coach for a young, rebuilding team.

If he gets fired I will be the first to Thank him for a great job over his time here.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It isn't harsh enough for him in here.

One of the worst coaches we've ever had. Before the "DURRRR TROTTIER/MUCKLER/LOW" comments come in from the predicables, ask yourselves how many coaches would have ran out a perfectly competent player like Stempniak in favor of Tanner f***ing Glass.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad