Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Scratching Staal and Holden for Klein and Clendo?

I mean that would be a start.

i was the biggest klein fan and defender but lately he has looked just as bad if not worse than staal. it looks like he cement boots on. his back just cant be right.
and clendo would be ok with 3rd pairing minutes but i want Skjei and smith getting top 4 minutes and if G can play like he did last night with mcd that wouldnt be a hideous top 4.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would not mind this:

McDonagh-Klein
Skjei-Clendo
Smith-Girardi

would this work.
Mcdonagh-Girardi (providing G plays like he did last night)
Skjei-Smith (smith was terrific and physical and should not be on bottom pair)
do whatever you want with bottom 2.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
would this work.
Mcdonagh-Girardi (providing G plays like he did last night)
Skjei-Smith (smith was terrific and physical and should not be on bottom pair)
do whatever you want with bottom 2.

I only had Smith down there so he could babysit G. I'd do a top four like this:

McD-Smith
Skjei-Clendo

But that leaves an absolute atrocity of third pairing options. Holden-Klein/Girardi is the best you could do.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
i'd take he cone over Staal TBH

at least staal can keep up, the cones back is so ****ed up he can barely skate out there, he is more of a liability out on the ice then staal right now

this is coming from someone who thinks staal is worthless and should have been gone a long time ago, but right now the cone isnt an option to play

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
at least staal can keep up, the cones back is so ****ed up he can barely skate out there, he is more of a liability out on the ice then staal right now

this is coming from someone who thinks staal is worthless and should have been gone a long time ago, but right now the cone isnt an option to play

well I don't think I've ever seen a hockey coach dress a cone, so I would take the cone anyway

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Staal may be the slowest player in the league.

he's not just slow, his combination of vision, escapability, and skating or among the worst I've ever seen on a defenseman. if he was not 6'4 with a big reach he would've been out of the league last year

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Coached this team out of a 2-0 series lead.

Overplaying your worst pair is bad enough, throwing them out there in the last 30 seconds of a game you're leading is a fireable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad