Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
AV got his extension, and another hundred point season.
So this won't happen.

but it's not a bad idea
crappy season, but Quick was hurt, and they just didn't score ...

Torts was fired and he made the 2nd round. It can happen. Glen has done it in the past. Gorton would have support if he wants to do it.

Rangers2319

Jul 15, 2008
CT
I'm sorry but i refuse to believe that just bc he got an extension that he's magically "untouchable" no ones job is safe in a league where there are only 31 positions available

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I'm sorry but i refuse to believe that just bc he got an extension that he's magically "untouchable" no ones job is safe in a league where there are only 31 positions available

It's the extension in combination with a myriad of things that leads us to believe he's safe regardless of what happens in the playoffs. "transition year", 100 point season, etc.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
They really didn't considering how the 1st went.

He finally looks like he understands how to hold a lead in the 3rd though. Credit where credit is due, that was fantastic.

Dude, have you ever watched a playoff game? Home team comes out strong in game 1 of the playoffs. I'll call Ripley's

Really though, the Habs couldn't generate any momentum that wasn't adrenaline driven.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Dude, have you ever watched a playoff game?

Home team comes out strong in game 1 of the playoffs. I'll call Ripley's

Agreed, Habs looked like they were the home team game 1 of the playoffs first period, Hank looked locked in from the start, even before Glass scored I felt really good about our chances in this game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The first period, with the Habs coming out dominant in front of their home crowd, is pretty much exactly what I expected. All in all I think we did fine in the first. Weather the storm then play your game the rest of the way.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
I didn't even think the 1st was as lopsided as people are saying. Habs had more shots, but play was fairly even other than a few flurries.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Henrik lundqvist was absolutely brilliant. Av looks like A genius but it's still a function of fasth and especially lindberg playing phenomenal games.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I take back everything that I said about AV. The Glass move was utter genius. Sign him immediately to another extension.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Henrik lundqvist was absolutely brilliant. Av looks like A genius but it's still a function of fasth and especially lindberg playing phenomenal games.

The guy who you and others constantly deride as the devil scored the game winning goal. Show at least a sliver of class and give the coach at least some credit for one game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Dude, have you ever watched a playoff game? Home team comes out strong in game 1 of the playoffs. I'll call Ripley's

Really though, the Habs couldn't generate any momentum that wasn't adrenaline driven.

Thats a myth.

Rangers looked slow, out of sync and unprepared like they have to start 80% of their games over the last 2 seasons. When it happens that often, its on coaching.

They snapped out of it and he tactically shut down anything the Habs threw at the Rangers in the 3rd though, he deserves full marks for that.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
The guy who you and others constantly deride as the devil scored the game winning goal. Show at least a sliver of class and give the coach at least some credit for one game.

Bad process sometimes yields good results. It's still bad process. If you repeatedly do something with a 90% likelihood to fail and you eventually hit the other 10%, does that mean you should keep doing it? Buchnevich continues to be the better option. He will do more positive things with playoff icetime than Glass would, regardless of what happened last night.

AV's gameplan still required Hank to be absolutely perfect. Hank making a bunch of highlight real saves is great. It's not great that AV's roster management forces him to make far more of those saves than he should have to. Lundqvist bailed Staal-Holden out last night. That doesn't vindicate AV for favoring that pairing over a markedly better one. Holden's gonna keep turning the puck over. Some of those turnovers are gonna wind up in the back of the net.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Bad process sometimes yields good results. It's still bad process. If you repeatedly do something with a 90% likelihood to fail and you eventually hit the other 10%, does that mean you should keep doing it? Buchnevich continues to be the better option. He will do more positive things with playoff icetime than Glass would, regardless of what happened last night.

AV's gameplan still required Hank to be absolutely perfect. Hank making a bunch of highlight real saves is great. It's not great that AV's roster management forces him to make far more of those saves than he should have to. Lundqvist bailed Staal-Holden out last night. That doesn't vindicate AV for favoring that pairing over a markedly better one. Holden's gonna keep turning the puck over. Some of those turnovers are gonna wind up in the back of the net.

god damn it...you beat me to it.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Thats a myth.

Rangers looked slow, out of sync and unprepared like they have to start 80% of their games over the last 2 seasons. When it happens that often, its on coaching.

They snapped out of it and he tactically shut down anything the Habs threw at the Rangers in the 3rd though, he deserves full marks for that.

id say its absolutely not a myth...but ive got zero stats to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad