Alain Vigneault Named Head Coach Part 2

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
My assumption is that he might meet with them this week, but he's going to leave them in place until after the WHC in case there's any business that needs to be handled in his absence. Can't imagine what that'd be, but there's no reason to let them go if he can't be here and he doesn't have time to get his own people in. At least this way, there's someone around, even if it's only temporary.

Course, I could be dead wrong about that, but if I didn't have time to set up my own staff for something, I'd probably leave whatever structure was there in place until I could, just so someone was keeping an eye on things.

Idk. Him saying he won’t even talk to tax and hextall to keep his view fresh, it sounds like they don’t have a chance.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
My assumption is that he might meet with them this week, but he's going to leave them in place until after the WHC in case there's any business that needs to be handled in his absence. Can't imagine what that'd be, but there's no reason to let them go if he can't be here and he doesn't have time to get his own people in. At least this way, there's someone around, even if it's only temporary.

Course, I could be dead wrong about that, but if I didn't have time to set up my own staff for something, I'd probably leave whatever structure was there in place until I could, just so someone was keeping an eye on things.
Or on the flip side, he might tell Fletch who he doesn't want and that guy is let go when AV is at the WHC so AV does not have to see/deal with him when he gets back.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
"The Flyers are proud to announce, they are keeping the entire group of AC's...except Wilson, who is being replaced by a legendary former coach"

846B31D1-7E8A-4FE0-BD53-899C250D3FCE-1169-000000950DC60CFD.gif

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
don't let the kate smith distract you from the fact that this team hasn't had a coach and won a playoff series in almost 7 years in this franchise's history and the worst era by this decade.:sarcasm:

#dontletkatedistractyou.:laugh:

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I think middle-of-the-road opinions have always been in the minority with sports fans. Sports Talk radio callers haven’t changed much in the last 30 years, & message boards are just a different medium for the same type of fan expression.

Now sports “journalists” & “analysts” over the years have moved from analysis to focusing on creating controversy, because it gets much better ratings; I’ll give you that. But fans have always been extremists who love their favorites & blame everything on their whipping boys & coaches. “Hot take” is just a modern buzzword & fans like to throw it around as if it de facto discredits a difference of opinion.

Someone says something with a loud voice or aggressive in some manner, the dumb people gasp with excitement, someone shouts "you go girl" and suddenly that person won the argument. That's my impression of how most people think in 2019.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
It's an homage to the great cartoons that were once produced. Now we have absolute **** cartoons and it's ****ing upsetting.
Been a while since I watched cartoons and I know I'm not in the target demo anymore, but it's kinda sad scrolling through the TV Guide and Nick/Cartoon Network seem like they're always playing the same few shows. I feel like there was a lot more variety when I was younger

Maybe I should make an OT cartoon thread because I've noticed a lot of threads on here tend to devolve into cartoon talk. :laugh:

I was a big nicktoons and loony toons guy. Not much cartoon Network for me

Sponge was my fav

Also not a cartoon, but Drake and Josh. Yes
Have you ever seen the Beatles cartoon from the 60s? It lasted two years and was so awful in every single way that it's ironically amazing. I love it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad