Recalled/Assigned: AJ Greer (again)

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
You'd rather Greer in a culture that can actually win. Losing becomes habit, and in this team, accepted, so it's much, much more healthy for Greer to be in an average San Antonio than a deplorable Colorado right now.

San Antonio has a winning culture?

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I don't really buy the whole college athletes can't make money thing while normal students can. Do they really tell college athletes they can't work at a restaurant a few nights a week or something?? I played D1 tennis and never heard of such a thing.

Regardless, college athletes may not get money in the pocket to spend but I'd much rather take the full ride worth $70k that I don't have to pay back when I get out of college then some pathetic job in between studies. No chance a kid is making anywhere near that during their stay in college. Idk.

Was very impressed with Greer the other night. Excited to see him up next year, hopefully.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Where the hell did you go that cost 70k a year? If you meant 70k total, then we're talking about 17.5k a year; which plenty of us earned more than during our college days.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Where the hell did you go that cost 70k a year? If you meant 70k total, then we're talking about 17.5k a year; which plenty of us earned more than during our college days.

For real. Most colleges are probably around the 20-30k range right, the highest I've seen is around 60k or so.

thehockeywatchinger

Nov 2, 2011
there's out of state fees too

But seriously I'm bummed no AJ tonight. I know it wasn't going to last forever but one game wasn't enough

It is fun to see the people commencing to respect A-J Greer. He is a winning player who has a big character. All forget that this player collection many dollars for St-Justine hospital. He was young atome player. You can be impressed if you Google this. The interview are fun also.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It is fun to see the people commencing to respect A-J Greer. He is a winning player who has a big character. All forget that this player collection many dollars for St-Justine hospital. He was young atome player. You can be impressed if you Google this. The interview are fun also.

I was always a fan :) But yes it is fun with everyone discovering what he can do

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm guessing that means Landeskog is out for a bit?

I'm thinking you are probably right. Knew that hit was worse than it looked.

Or maybe, Bednar is finally fed up with some of the crap, some of the guys are bringing and wants to actually play a player that can play. Maybe send a message to some of those guys.

But I'm thinking a Landeskog injury is much more likely.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Some how I doubt this is to send a message when the team's coming off of a convincing win over the Kings. Unless Iggy has an "injury"

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I don't like it. Means one of our guys is out longer than expected.

Also dislike Greer moving up and down all the time. Should have kept him up for last game and waited until Duchene is back.

I want him to settle in and keep developing (ideally by playing big minutes in the AHL.)

I like rewarding him for his good play but not on a game by game basis as an emergency backup plan.

Also not sure but does his contract slide if he plays less than 9 games in the NHL?

By the way. Anyone (TV maybe?) have any idea how long Compher will be out for?
Noticed that he keeps missing games for the Rampage.
What is up with him?

Really would like for Greer and Compher to continue developping their chemistry.
That could pay huge dividends in the future.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Greer is probably only flying to Dallas (maybe a 40 minute flight) and the Rampage don't play again until Friday. Greer could quite easily not miss a single game for the Rampage and get in a game tomorrow.... along with maybe only missing one practice.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Some how I doubt this is to send a message when the team's coming off of a convincing win over the Kings. Unless Iggy has an "injury"

Pretty much. And they couldn't even wait for Duchene to practice first before sending him back. I don't think they decided in mid November they are turning the page to youth.

I don't think they call him up to just be insurance either but the proximity to the game, I guess he could be.

Compher I don't think will be out long. He's only been out since Saturday and has skated with the team. There's others I'd be more worried about.

Greer's contract year is going to be used anyway, no slide. So don't worry about that. I don't want him to be the shuffle shuttler either but we don't know what's going on. And if someone has to play better than him than one of those crappy vets (Sislo, etc)

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pretty much. And they couldn't even wait for Duchene to practice first before sending him back. I don't think they decided in mid November they are turning the page to youth.

I don't think they call him up to just be insurance either but the proximity to the game, I guess he could be.

Compher I don't think will be out long. He's only been out since Saturday and has skated with the team. There's others I'd be more worried about.

Bigras?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad