Recalled/Assigned: AJ Greer (again)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Curious where he plays in the lineup, but his sandpaper and speed will be nice to have in the lineup.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's a pup but he likes to fetch the puck. That makes him more likeable than many in our bottom six.

Bednar said Duchene will be evaluated tomorrow and Comeau won't play because they don't want his groin issues to become a thing, so if Duchene can't play Avs will run 7D?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Glad Greer is getting his shot but this must not mean good things for Dutchy.

Not sure that's exactly it. If they wanted a long term solution it probably would be Bourque. But if you mean playing tomorrow, yeah that's a quick turn around after having symptoms.

Anyway, I'm super super excited. Really like the idea of rewarding a kid who has been playing very well. He's come so far in a year, it's ridiculous. I think he'll do well. He looked good in preseason and should be able to help out. I'm cool if he's even on Grigo's line, they had some nice chemistry in preseason but wonder if the easiest thing is to throw him where Comeau practiced today.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure that's exactly it. If they wanted a long term solution it probably would be Bourque. But if you mean playing tomorrow, yeah that's a quick turn around after having symptoms.

Anyway, I'm super super excited. Really like the idea of rewarding a kid who has been playing very well. He's come so far in a year, it's ridiculous. I think he'll do well. He looked good in preseason and should be able to help out. I'm cool if he's even on Grigo's line, they had some nice chemistry in preseason but wonder if the easiest thing is to throw him where Comeau practiced today.

Yup, a pretty meteoric rise.

Is he close to being ready for full time duty?

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Even if it burns a year off his ELC I kind of hope he sticks. He's gotta be better than Comeau or McCleod. Obviously only if he's ready.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Great news! We'll have to see how he manages to adjust to the speed of the NHL, it may only be a temporary thing. But I'm excited to be going to the game tomorrow! Hope he pots one!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Good for Greer, this was well deserved. Sucks that it had to be Duchene going down for him to get the call, but I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table. He might be that power forward, who won't take guff from anyone that we are desperately missing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Good for Greer, this was well deserved. Sucks that it had to be Duchene going down for him to get the call, but I'm excited to see what he can bring to the table. He might be that power forward, who won't take guff from anyone that we are desperately missing.

I guess at least this way hes much more likely to play with good players.

Repeats to self; It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year, It's a development year,

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm excited about this but you know the other guy I'm disappointed we haven't recalled yet? Grimaldi, I don't expect him to be a part of the long-term plan like Greer and he probably is a career AHLer but he showed he can at least play in the NHL with Florida and it would've been nice to have recalled him a couple games ago when guys like Grigs or Soda or Colborne were playing like **** and scratching one of them for a game or two.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Is Duchene definitively out for tomorrow nights game?

Bit of a bummer if so. I'd like to see Greer into the lineup along with Duchene haha. Would be a boost to our Top 9 right away I think. Greer certainly can't be any worse then Iggy or Comeau in the Top 9 lately.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is Duchene definitively out for tomorrow nights game?

Bit of a bummer if so. I'd like to see Greer into the lineup along with Duchene haha. Would be a boost to our Top 9 right away I think. Greer certainly can't be any worse then Iggy or Comeau in the Top 9 lately.

Officially no but reading the tea leaves on this one yes. The whole we don't know what's wrong with Matt Duchene is bs. He has a concussion. Where they go from there we'll see.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Officially no but reading the tea leaves on this one yes. The whole we don't know what's wrong with Matt Duchene is bs. He has a concussion. Where they go from there we'll see.

Yea that's what I figured. Hopefully it's not serious though, it doesn't sound like it is but concussions can be fickle.

I really would like to see what this team would be like with Greer and Duchene in the lineup. Not to get my expectations up too high on the kid, but I think Greer's style of play is gonna translate really well to the NHL and particularly to the way Bednar wants us playing. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him flourish with the Avs on this call up.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It was preseason but I saw him against a decent kings lineup, I think Greer will be ok. It will be interesting, that's for sure. Nobody can really peg what he can or can't do. If nothing else he can forecheck and create space for his linemates.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
All I want from Greer is him moving his legs constantly and making a mess using his body. Keep it simple and be yourself. Whatever is working for Greer just keep doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad