Aimee Deziel... another one bites the dust

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Imagine being hired as the marketing officer, and then have the team you are supposed to market trade Karlsson, Duchene and Stone, followed by a finish in dead last.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The best run organization in sports

D8B07F09-8B56-4A99-89A1-867EF564D6F5.jpeg

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Cudmore feels like she was a top executive, while 99% of Twitter ridiculed her, starting from her CBC radio interview and basically writing her off.

Others now she had a hand tied behind her back because of the players that left and nothing for her to market.

No one gave her any props before today. No one . Now Cudmore laments her departure. He has to be on Sens HF

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
This is great news. Now we can use this money to pay someone who will play for this team like White.

And no, I have not been given a list of talking points.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

i'm not surprised you see this as a positive

Do you really think the marketing has improved since she joined? I am not being facetious. I really think we are lacking professional marketing and media.

I think if we look at the past posts when she joined, the majority said "OMG! she's another one of EM's friends!"

If we don't have a replacement announced in two weeks... then we know this organisation is in bigger trouble.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Do you really think the marketing has improved since she joined? I am not being facetious. I really think we are lacking professional marketing and media.

I think if we look at the past posts when she joined, the majority said "OMG! she's another one of EM's friends!"

If we don't have a replacement announced in two weeks... then we know this organisation is in bigger trouble.
general option on twitter seems like it did, given the circumstances. I would imagine that marketing/media is one the toughest place to be in the sens organization. There is only so much that you can do when the on ice product is garbage, and the fans have constantly been lied to.

Anyways, the bigger story is that another executive has left the organization after a short period.

Reactions: DrEasy

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Here's a freebee for the new CMO.

"We understand the frustration the fans have been feeling with recent decisions by the Ottawa Senators organizations. While the media may have its opinion on the current state of the team, we wish to assure the fans that each decision is being carefully weighed by our hockey operations team. The Ottawa Senators would like to thank Mike Condon for everything he did for this team. He was vital in the team making its recent push into the playoffs where the Senators were one goal away from the Stanley Cup finals. With the recent re-signing of Anders Nilsson, the team has made its decision on the goaltending for the upcoming season. We felt now was the best opportunity for Mike Condon to move to a new organization that can help him rehabilitate from his surgery and work towards a return the NHL. In return the Ottawa Senators acquired the contract of Ryan Callahan. Because of this trade, the Senators gain flexibility during this upcoming season and leading to the trade deadline. The rebuild as laid out by General Manager Pierre Dorion is on track. We understand this can be a frustrating process. We hear you, we acknowledge your concerns. We will not ask for your support, we will earn it. Our city, or fans deserve a team they can be proud of. Here we stand."

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If she had any hand in that Melnyk Boro interview (or sat by idly letting happen) or the video Kathleen Edwars narrated, she was likely not great at her job. I even remember an add towards the end of the year that showed us a bunch of low points in Sens history (Kunitz, Niewendyk, Friezen). It made my blood boil.

I doubt she'll be replaced by anyone more competent but I doubt we're losing much here.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Here's a freebee for the new CMO.

"We understand the frustration the fans have been feeling with recent decisions by the Ottawa Senators organizations. While the media may have its opinion on the current state of the team, we wish to assure the fans that each decision is being carefully weighed by our hockey operations team. The Ottawa Senators would like to thank Mike Condon for everything he did for this team. He was vital in the team making its recent push into the playoffs where the Senators were one goal away from the Stanley Cup finals. With the recent re-signing of Anders Nilsson, the team has made its decision on the goaltending for the upcoming season. We felt now was the best opportunity for Mike Condon to move to a new organization that can help him rehabilitate from his surgery and work towards a return the NHL. In return the Ottawa Senators acquired the contract of Ryan Callahan. Because of this trade, the Senators gain flexibility during this upcoming season and leading to the trade deadline. The rebuild as laid out by General Manager Pierre Dorion is on track. We understand this can be a frustrating process. We hear you, we acknowledge your concerns. We will not ask for your support, we will earn it. Our city, or fans deserve a team they can be proud of. Here we stand."

Blaming the media again, pathetic. Contradicted themselves in their own press release. Traded Condon to a team with the most goalies in the NHL but made it sound like they did him a favor. Haha just more of the same stinky manure shoveled our way.

This is perfect you may have got the job.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiscBrah

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The downside here is that, considering the trend of our front office hires and money issues, her replacement could actually be worse.

Obviously the hope is that we improve in this department as a result of this, but we'll see what happens I suppose.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Went back to the thread announcing she had been hired. Mostly people saying good luck with a mix of optimism and pessimism/wise cracks. About 4 or posts in somebody asked if we should start taking bets on how long she would last...

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
If she had any hand in that Melnyk Boro interview (or sat by idly letting happen) or the video Kathleen Edwars narrated, she was likely not great at her job. I even remember an add towards the end of the year that showed us a bunch of low points in Sens history (Kunitz, Niewendyk, Friezen). It made my blood boil.

I doubt she'll be replaced by anyone more competent but I doubt we're losing much here.

My god, what the hell was that ad? That cant be real... :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad