Aimee Deziel... another one bites the dust

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
First it was the players wanted out, now management wants out.

This is a joke. Top execs leaving hockey teams like they are on fire does not happen.

The Ottawa Senators are a circus of disfunction and ineptitude.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
So I guess Pierre will step in, you have to wonder if the #melnykout billboards had a larger budget to work with than the team.

So no president, no cmo, barebones scouting, I believe the cfo is part time, our agm and GM have little experience, cheapest coaching staff we could find, oh my

Reactions: Rand0m and Deku

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Do you really think the marketing has improved since she joined? I am not being facetious. I really think we are lacking professional marketing and media.

I think if we look at the past posts when she joined, the majority said "OMG! she's another one of EM's friends!"

If we don't have a replacement announced in two weeks... then we know this organisation is in bigger trouble.

You can't have top tier marketing with no money for marketing. Now I don't know enough behind scenes but I really doubt we have a decent sized marketing budget.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Has there been any indication as to the motivation behind this? Did she take a better gig? did the team lay her off, if so was it performance based, finances based? Is she leaving on her own volition with no alternate job lined up?

Obviously the answers to these questions can drastically influence how this should be perceived. If she got head hunted by somebody offering gobs of money, it's very different than if she threw her arms up in the air and said "I've had enough"

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Has there been any indication as to the motivation behind this? Did she take a better gig? did the team lay her off, if so was it performance based, finances based? Is she leaving on her own volition with no alternate job lined up?
We'll never know as I would bet a boatload of cash that Melnyk makes all his employees sign iron clad NDA's

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We'll never know as I would bet a boatload of cash that Melnyk makes all his employees sign iron clad NDA's

Well, if she got a better gig, it probably would come out. If she leaves and doesn't immediately fall into another job, somebody with the will and wherewithal could likely find out as well, but obviously we won't ever know the full story, particularly if it has a negative optics

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Cudmore feels like she was a top executive, while 99% of Twitter ridiculed her, starting from her CBC radio interview and basically writing her off.

Others now she had a hand tied behind her back because of the players that left and nothing for her to market.

No one gave her any props before today. No one . Now Cudmore laments her departure. He has to be on Sens HF
I think you are missing the point. The point is that yet another high ranking employee in the Sens front office has left after only a year on the job. Its embarrassing. The wrost run professional sports organization in the world is continually tripping over themselves.

Speaking of people leaving, have the Sens replaced Ruzkowski yet or is the search going to be long and exhaustive like the POHO search??

Reactions: DrEasy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I think you are missing the point. The point is that yet another high ranking employee in the Sens front office has left after only a year on the job. Its embarrassing. The wrost run professional sports organization in the world is continually tripping over themselves.

Speaking of people leaving, have the Sens replaced Ruzkowski yet or is the search going to be long and exhaustive like the POHO search??

Maybe the organization is so efficient that most of these employees complete their tasks in six months. Have you ever thought about that? :sarcasm:

In all reality, and as I said before, if this joke of an organization does not have an answer for her leaving and/or replacement, all bets are off for FYOUS :mad:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe the organization is so efficient that most of these employees complete their tasks in six months. Have you ever thought about that? :sarcasm:

In all reality, and as I said before, if this joke of an organization does not have an answer for her leaving and/or replacement, all bets are off for FYOUS :mad:

...we're getting the FYOUS right now, by the looks of it. :laugh:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Still waiting for the Randy Lee replacement too. I know we got the "contract guy" who can't sign anyone to any contract extensions, but the role Randy Lee had in the org has yet to be filled.

Deziel
Ruzkowski
Lee

These are big pieces folks, with no replacement in sight. Still waiting on that POHO hire as well.

Reactions: Deku

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Still waiting for the Randy Lee replacement too. I know we got the "contract guy" who can't sign anyone to any contract extensions, but the role Randy Lee had in the org has yet to be filled.

Deziel
Ruzkowski
Lee

These are big pieces folks, with no replacement in sight. Still waiting on that POHO hire as well.

Not to mention the owner is acting as President, yet lives in Barbados.

Reactions: Deku

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

Deziel
Ruzkowski
Lee

And when you consider the “millions” they are sitting on from the very fair contract offers to Duchene and Stone it’s inexcusable that executive positions are not being filled

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
And when you consider the “millions” they are sitting on from the very fair contract offers to Duchene and Stone it’s inexcusable that executive positions are not being filled
All the millions that they have also saved in LTIR contracts and signing bonuses, you think they could hire the most expensive POHO they can find.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Cudmore feels like she was a top executive, while 99% of Twitter ridiculed her, starting from her CBC radio interview and basically writing her off.

Others now she had a hand tied behind her back because of the players that left and nothing for her to market.

No one gave her any props before today. No one . Now Cudmore laments her departure. He has to be on Sens HF

Fair point, but as Micklebot said there was actually some optimism in the thread discussing her being hired. I mean, 12 months I am not sure how many ideas she came up with her hers but as an outsider it seemed like the marketing was nothing special based on the discussions here.

That being said, if you're given a pile of poop and asked to turn it into delicious ice cream...

good luck!

Reactions: coladin

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

Deziel
Ruzkowski
Lee

Melnyk is turning into John Spano, except he unfortunately already owns the team.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

Obviously the answers to these questions can drastically influence how this should be perceived. If she got head hunted by somebody offering gobs of money, it's very different than if she threw her arms up in the air and said "I've had enough"
A really cool thing would be if a job would be invented where stories like this get researched and questions asked to the people in charge, maybe even published in some way or form...but it's Ottawa, there are seats on charter flights etc. :sarcasm:

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Does anyone truly think that when the Senators offered EK65 or Mark Stone whatever they offered them, that EM had the Millions of dollars in cash sitting in some vault at the CTC?

When teams hand out these huge signing bonuses, they borrow that money, and pay it back as revenues come in during the course of the season.

Same goes for the "regular" salary players get as the season progresses. They are paid as the revenues come in from ticket sales, the broadcasting rights for TV and Radio and all other streams of revenue.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Deziel
Ruzkowski
Lee

Don’t forget Anselmi, who lasted 1 year 15 days before stepping down and is now working for the Oilers

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Don’t forget Anselmi, who lasted 1 year 15 days before stepping down and is now working for the Oilers

...was that the skuzzy guy who sounded like a pretentious twat in interviews? Damn, we have such a revolving door of hirings and firings we need a scorecard to keep track of it all. :laugh:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No that was nicolas ruszkowski, the guy they hired after Anselmi left. He left too.

jebus...the rabbit hole keeps going deeper and deeper and deeper. :laugh:

I really hope the NHL has their hands involved with the team behind closed doors, because this is embarrassing. Someone has to bring soem sanity back to this organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad