Aimee Deziel... another one bites the dust

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think she did a particularly great job and in a vacuum the loss of a CMO as a one off isn't the end of the world. Unfortunately this isn't a one off and I have zero hope that whoever fills her role (eventually...) will be any better.

Anselmi? Gone with no replacement hired
Ruzkowski (sp?)? Gone with no replacement hired
Deziel? Gone, replacement TBD
Lee? Gone, no replacement hired (MacTavish is in a stand alone role, imo, he's not filling every role Randy Lee did for this team)

Tough to stay positive about this team in any capacity, even when it's about something as "unimportant" as the teams CMO.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Don’t forget Anselmi, who lasted 1 year 15 days before stepping down and is now working for the Oilers
Forgot about Chris Kelly too, but I guess they did replace him.

Can't forget all of the ushers, janitors and parking lot attendants that also seemed to have vanished from the CTC.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He left to spend time with his family. Must have been a good weekend because he then started working for Boston lol. Guess family time is over.

Is he really working for the Bruins now?

If so...wow...

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I wonder how Aimee explains how she wasted the last 12 months in her next job interview?

Reactions: RaMai

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Can't say I'm surprised at this point, as it's just another in the line of executives dipping quietly after a relatively short stint.

I would love a glimpse into the org hierarchy of the Sens. I bet it would be shocking how embarrassing it really is.

The bleeding can't go on forever, can it?

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly the first thing that comes to mind is the home opener last year when those big gym balls came flying down from above, knocking peoples drinks out of their hands and making a huge mess:laugh:
Was that her idea? Lol

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I wonder how Aimee explains how she wasted the last 12 months in her next job interview?

She will have to walk a fine line without bashing the Euge because the hockey world is so small.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Optimist here - perhaps the final stages of clearing out Melynk’s crew before the keys are handed over ...

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
The downside here is that, considering the trend of our front office hires and money issues, her replacement could actually be worse.

Obviously the hope is that we improve in this department as a result of this, but we'll see what happens I suppose.
I'm guessing there's no replacement for a while. Marketing staff will report directly to Eugene.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Optimist here - perhaps the final stages of clearing out Melynk’s crew before the keys are handed over ...
We’ve had this conversation way to often only to come out more disgruntled. I can’t even consider it.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How do you even judge a CMO off of one year

It would take longer than that to make your imprint on the organization especially with a small budget

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->