Aho 1 point in 6 games, time to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icanconfirm

Oct 18, 2015
Antarctica
The 1 point was a freebie as well (empty net goal) so really 0 points in 6 games is more accurate. Finished tonight with a -2 and ultimately caused the hurricanes to lose. Hard to see Carolina making a deep playoff push when 14 point pace Aho is their "star" player. He's looking like 2018-2019 Laine and that was not a beautiful sight to behold.

Update: 0 points in 7 games. 2 points in 7 if you want to include empty net freebies (the 2nd one barely touched him as it went into the net)

Edit: Stop using the Aho is a slow starter argument. He had 17 points in his first 12 games last season.

Last edited:

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
What’s their record again? Yeah I think they’ll be ok...

But if this helps you justify the Laine contract situation or his awful play last year then I say enjoy it while it lasts.

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

Haula deserves his 1C spot. Or at least make Staal 1C and Haula 2C.

And no, this is no trolling. I'm absolutely honest about it.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

That post is such a joke.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

Lol... Aho will get more than 20pts. He’s just looking like he’s injured to me or in a horrible slump. Like zero energy when he is as dynamic as Barzal.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Are you related to Haula?

icanconfirm

Oct 18, 2015
Antarctica

This gave me a good laugh but Aho will at least hit 40 points.

Reactions: MO!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

So, you just owe all of HF a beer then. Every poster would take that bet.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
How many guys who got big contracts are off to good starts ?

Aho is clearly frustrated right now and probably puts a lot of pressure on himself.

That said, he plays on a line with Niederreiter. I swear when that guy goes cold he can’t score to save his life. From the games i’ve seen he’s had a few really good chances from Aho passes but ends up hitting the logo or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad