Aho 1 point in 6 games, time to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It seems Aho & the team are recovering from the drift caused by the off-season shananigans. Good for the Canes

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

Haula deserves his 1C spot. Or at least make Staal 1C and Haula 2C.

And no, this is no trolling. I'm absolutely honest about it.
There should be a punishment on these boards for people who so prominently mouth off with takes so bad they blow up almost immediately.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I'm an Islanders' fan that has lived in Raleigh for 20 years. I'll be honest - I can't stand the Canes. I've tried hard to make them my second favorite team, but whenever I go to games, I end up rooting against them. I also cannot stand the post game theatrical display.

That said, the reason for me coming to this thread and commenting, is to say that the Canes, as an Islanders' fan (and other teams' fans should have the same fear), scare the crud out of me. They are fast, well coached, have offensive firepower, and whenever the Isles play the Canes, they seem to have a really difficult time containing the speed and offense, even with Trotz' system, which seems to work very well against most teams. When I look at the division and conference, I can easily see the Canes going to the finals. They are the team everyone else will need to go through. One concern is the Canes' G, but so far so good.

So, even though my disdain is high, so is the respect level. Good luck, you guys have an exciting future!!

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I'm an Islanders' fan that has lived in Raleigh for 20 years. I'll be honest - I can't stand the Canes. I've tried hard to make them my second favorite team, but whenever I go to games, I end up rooting against them. I also cannot stand the post game theatrical display.

That said, the reason for me coming to this thread and commenting, is to say that the Canes, as an Islanders' fan (and other teams' fans should have the same fear), scare the crud out of me. They are fast, well coached, have offensive firepower, and whenever the Isles play the Canes, they seem to have a really difficult time containing the speed and offense, even with Trotz' system, which seems to work very well against most teams. When I look at the division and conference, I can easily see the Canes going to the finals. They are the team everyone else will need to go through. One concern is the Canes' G, but so far so good.

So, even though my disdain is high, so is the respect level. Good luck, you guys have an exciting future!!
14kbu6.jpg

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

The Islander whispers: I cannot withstand the storm surge.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
There should be a punishment on these boards for people who so prominently mouth off with takes so bad they blow up almost immediately.

Well it's clear there was a big tilt going on at the beginning of the season, Aho was looking very very frustrated and playing uncharacteristically bad and unenergetic.. it was like comletetely different player from anything we've seen from over his professional career. Also he was passed on the captain vote despite being the 1/10 favorite beforehand.. but it seems things have settled down now-

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well it's clear there was a big tilt going on at the beginning of the season, Aho was looking very very frustrated and playing uncharacteristically bad and unenergetic.. it was like comletetely different player from anything we've seen from over his professional career. Also he was passed on the captain vote despite being the 1/10 favorite beforehand.. but it seems things have settled down now-

All that is clear is that you have wanted Aho traded from Carolina since day one, have made ridiculous posts about it and continue to make stuff up in that regards.

Pretty lame actually.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He was a one hit wonder. Because he played one good season, finnish posters on HF board hyped him like he was a three headed Crosby.

Carolina made the mistake to pay him big time. He is not worth the money and never will be. I honestly think they should trade him as long as some other GMs think he only had a slow start.

I will give anyone that quotes this after the season ends a free beer if Aho will have more than 20 points at the end of the season.

I would even bet on Haula having more goals than Aho has points at the end of the season.

OK, Cigar City Hunahpu, in fact grab the variants for me too while you're at it

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

what are you even talking about

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

In here just for the free beer. Your post is too dumb to comment anything else about it.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Thank God the Canes matched, and the Canadiens didn't get stuck with this bum. Would have been another in MB's long list of blunders.

Reactions: Dentastic

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

I’ll take my free beer

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
This entire forum is oblivious to the concept of form. Players go cold, everyone has done it. It’s when it’s over a season that you have to worry, not when it’s over a month.

Agreed. Everybody thinks players are video game characters and they were completely oblivious to why OEL and Adam Larsson had bad years after they had a parent die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad