AHL Stockton announces STH pricing for inagural season

Chockey Hockey

Jul 4, 2014
SD seems pretty smart with the range of prices. $2,200 seems steep for AHL hockey. Could just be a cash grab.

Notice $2,210/x games= $65.

x=34 games. 4 somewhere else or a 68 game schedule??

Daily Gazette is one of the most reliable hockey media outlets in the ALbany area over the last 30 years. If there's something printed, there's something to it.

Could be 4 games free?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The NHL gets what the NHL wants.
Yep, and it makes sense since NHL prospects are the lifeblood of the AHL. When the NHL teams said they would consider starting their own league for the AHL West teams it was pretty clear they would get everything they wanted. I just hope the number of other games for other divisions drop too, hopefully to 68 as well, but I would settle for 72.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Unreal. Let's now have PacDiv teams "host" the Calder Cup finals so they make it every year and never have to leave their town. Too tiring for the poor babies.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
If this is true...

Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

There are just no words.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
If this is true...

Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

There are just no words.

Totally agree.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If this is true...

Stupid.

There are just no words.
You do know stupid is a word right?

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
If this is true...

Stupid.

There are just no words.

The western NHL teams are now the official owners of the AHL and Dave Andrews is their slave, if true. I hate the Kings, Ducks, Sharks, Flamers and Oilers.

I thought they already voted no. The league is a sham and a scam if this is true.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
i don't get all the complaining this is what a lot of people wanted. Theirs over 1,000 posts and at least two thread with at least two threads on it. Remember this will be great for the league, the Northeast teams are a bunch of sissys who are afraid to travel to the big bad west, they want to keep their little bus league etc. Now that it has happened and everyone got their way their still not happy. Make up your minds already.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
i don't get all the complaining this is what a lot of people wanted. Theirs over 1,000 posts and at least two thread with at least two threads on it. Remember this will be great for the league, the Northeast teams are a bunch of sissys who are afraid to travel to the big bad west, they want to keep their little bus league etc. Now that it has happened and everyone got their way their still not happy. Make up your minds already.

Right. Fans in the west _wanted_ fewer games. Find me that post, I dare you.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
is there any confirmation that other teams are not reducing their schedules? Seems like alot of overeaction for something we don't even know if it's happening.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014

Yep, I'm pretty disappointed. I just don't see the value of a few more practices being worth so much more than actually playing games. I thought that if there was a reduction, about 72-74 games for ALL teams would be ideal.

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
Newman hit the nail on the head!!! I said that West stuff made no sense. Too far apart, too much travel, no difference in travel/practice time. Didn't think that a major (8 games, could almost be considered 12) change in schedule format could happen!

They'd need a travel day to and from most of the other Cali cities so it really is more like 12 (or 18) extra practices. I'm guessing the games cut out will be midweek single games.

The league looks to have become an absolute joke. The only good explaination for the galoot teams would be if they did this solely to spite the NHL teams who are close to their AHL and have an unfair NHL salary cap advantage.

Speed

Jan 7, 2004
Holden, MA
www.sharksboosters.com

Not entirely true. Both teams need to agree to travel to the other's building. There are several teams out west that refused to travel east.

Theoriginalalex

@3in3hockey
May 5, 2014
Staunton, VA
The Gulls' season tickets say "prices subject to change", so I Tweeted them directly asking if it was a 68 game schedule. Their response was "Nothing to report at this time."

Now, the West may still strong arm to get what they want, and Lord David has already said that the West is playing fewer games, but I'm inferring that nothing is official yet. There's no way this doesn't come up at the May BOG meeting, right?

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014
The Gulls' season tickets say "prices subject to change", so I Tweeted them directly asking if it was a 68 game schedule. Their response was "Nothing to report at this time."

Now, the West may still strong arm to get what they want, and Lord David has already said that the West is playing fewer games, but I'm inferring that nothing is official yet. There's no way this doesn't come up at the May BOG meeting, right?

Where did Lord of the Games David say they were going to play less games? I have to find it but I was pretty sure that at the BOG meeting at the ASG in Utica that it was voted down.

Wish the Western NHL teams had started their own league. Let Arizona join as well. The AHL is really owned by the NHL now anyway, only going to get worse.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014

True Hans, the western fans just wanted teams, I can't recall one fan wanting fewer games.

As posted earlier, I thought this was over ruled at the ASG in Utica.

I can't get past how a league of 30 owners, including, by my count, at least 10 other teams the NHL clubs own, can be strong armed and outvoted by 5 teams? Can someone explain this to me?

Never recall the Maritime teams in the 90's playing fewer games because of travel. I can't recall any teams in the 80 year history of the league playing a different number of games.

Clinton Comets EHL

Feb 18, 2014

Andrews is clueless, he has no use of his own arms and legs....what a puppet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad