AHL Stockton announces STH pricing for inagural season

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From email:

[FONT=&quot]There will be no price increase in the full season ticket price from the final ECHL season in 2014-15 to the first AHL season of 2015-16 with Glass costing $980, Club at $800, Lower Premium at $715, Upper Premium and Lower End Zone at $535 and Upper End Zone seats costing $380.
[/FONT]

Nice to keep things "status quo" (at least for one season). Have think their two year commitment option might keep tickets unchanged for 2016-17 as well.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
From email:

[/FONT]

Nice to keep things "status quo" (at least for one season). Have think their two year commitment option might keep tickets unchanged for 2016-17 as well.

The Western ECHL teams had relatively high ticket prices compared to other ECHL teams, pretty close to on-par with other AHL teams, so it's nice to see that they didn't raise the prices. That said, there's still a chance that single game tickets will go up somewhat. Have we heard what Ontario and Bakersfield are doing for ticket prices yet?

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
yikes. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

those were the echl prices as well?

yea, no thanks.

Lots of travel costs for those Western ECHL teams with trips to Alaska, Idaho, Salt Lake City, Loveland Colorado...it's how they've made it work.

The trick will be that the prices may be the same for next year in the AHL, but it may be buying less games. I still haven't seen the announcement of how many games the Pacific teams will be playing, but there's a good chance it's less than the 72 they played in the ECHL. So in essence, keeping the prices the same very well may be an increase in price.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
yikes. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

those were the echl prices as well?

yea, no thanks.

Not everyone has tickets for $5 a game.....

Lots of travel costs for those Western ECHL teams with trips to Alaska, Idaho, Salt Lake City, Loveland Colorado...it's how they've made it work.

The trick will be that the prices may be the same for next year in the AHL, but it may be buying less games. I still haven't seen the announcement of how many games the Pacific teams will be playing, but there's a good chance it's less than the 72 they played in the ECHL. So in essence, keeping the prices the same very well may be an increase in price.

Why do you think they will be playing less games? I thought the BOG already voted against reducing the number of games.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
That's for 36 games, is it really that outrageous to spend $10.55 to $27.22/game?

Hell no! Cheapest ticket in Colorado is 15 bucks. And I have never heard a single person complain about cost of tickets. Around here 20 bucks for a hockey game is a great deal.
And no discount for season ticket holders either.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
I doubt it will get passed. The other teams will not want to be playing 76 games and these 5 teams playing 70-72 and be fresher going into the playoffs.

May not pass. I would be glad that it didn't. I'm always happy to see more games.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
May not pass. I would be glad that it didn't. I'm always happy to see more games.

It won't pass....period and it didn't pass period. The bog already voted on that and it failed to get the required votes. Highly doubt it's still even being discussed right now.

Besides let's just say they were to play less games..how's the playoff format going to work?? Can't go by points because those teams have fewer games in which to get points...can't go by wins...same reason. Can't go by winning percentage unless you completely throw out the whole overtime and shootout and go back to 1 point for a tie. And even then it really doesn't work because the sample sizes are different. Can't see them letting the west coast division have their own separate but equal playoffs with their top 4 teams meaning all but 1 make the payoffs while the rest of the conference goes with the top 8 like always. Can't see them limiting their involvement to only the pacific division's division winner. Bottom line is they have to play the same number of games as the rest of the league.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
It won't pass....period and it didn't pass period. The bog already voted on that and it failed to get the required votes. Highly doubt it's still even being discussed right now.

Besides let's just say they were to play less games..how's the playoff format going to work?? Can't go by points because those teams have fewer games in which to get points...can't go by wins...same reason. Can't go by winning percentage unless you completely throw out the whole overtime and shootout and go back to 1 point for a tie. And even then it really doesn't work because the sample sizes are different. Can't see them letting the west coast division have their own separate but equal playoffs with their top 4 teams meaning all but 1 make the payoffs while the rest of the conference goes with the top 8 like always. Can't see them limiting their involvement to only the pacific division's division winner. Bottom line is they have to play the same number of games as the rest of the league.

The article I cited was very recent (Feb 14th). I don't know if it's currently being discussed or not, but that news organization seemed to think so. Plus there's a quote from the AHL president/CEO saying that it's likely it will go that way.

“We haven’t yet actually resolved that, but it’s likely they’ll play fewer,†AHL president and CEO Dave Andrews said. “We’re just not sure how many fewer, at this point.â€

I assume that they'd go by win percentage. As long as shootouts and OT wins are treated the same way between divisions, it'll work. The downside is that it gives Pacific Division teams a competitive advantage going into the playoffs, having played less games.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Had no idea that they were trying to get to play less games. Stupidest thing I ever heard of. They should be happy they got their little division and **** now.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
The article I cited was very recent (Feb 14th). I don't know if it's currently being discussed or not, but that news organization seemed to think so. Plus there's a quote from the AHL president/CEO saying that it's likely it will go that way.

I assume that they'd go by win percentage. As long as shootouts and OT wins are treated the same way between divisions, it'll work. The downside is that it gives Pacific Division teams a competitive advantage going into the playoffs, having played less games.

There is a quote but we do not know when the quote was made. It has surfaced before. Many of these articles are rehashed articles and they use old quotes.

The reduced schedule was already voted down. They didn't let Abbotsford play less games becuase travel is onerous nor did they let Charlotte or Norfolk or Utah play less games.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
I dont see what the big deal is, I love hockey but I wouldnt at all mind seeing the pro hockey season reduced. 70 game regular season for me is plenty. 35 home & away games for each. April the playoffs can get underway and championships decided just into May, not when its summer. Hockey in the United States shouldnt have to compete with baseball, and I think it would make the playoffs more attractive at the minor league level. For developmental purposes players would perform better, not get so banged up, and the awful 3 games in 3 nights could easily be eliminated. Last season by the time the AHL playoffs were just getting underway NCAA DI hockey had already crowned the Dutchmen of Union College as the National Champions down in Philladelphia PA. I think the AHL and ECHL should trim back just a bit as well, I think it would have a positive impact on the developing players and help some of the more attendance challenged markets.

Last edited:

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
reducing the number of games in a season is NOT going to reduce or eliminate 3 in 3s, not when the fri-sat-sun weekend games are the highest draws for a team.

BTV

Oct 12, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
I doubt it will get passed. The other teams will not want to be playing 76 games and these 5 teams playing 70-72 and be fresher going into the playoffs.

I'm surprised the Pacific cartel is even considering participating in the playoffs. Doesn't that take away valuable practice time? You'd think they'd be better served by calling up all their junior aged players and having a nice little split squad tournament in Fresno instead. There's no time for travel and games when you're trying to prepare them for the NHL, where they will need to travel and play games.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
I'm surprised the Pacific cartel is even considering participating in the playoffs. Doesn't that take away valuable practice time? You'd think they'd be better served by calling up all their junior aged players and having a nice little split squad tournament in Fresno instead. There's no time for travel and games when you're trying to prepare them for the NHL, where they will need to travel and play games.

Haha, that's what I have a problem with. These teams were talking about wanting a 60 game schedule. What's supposed to happen to these players when they hit the NHL and need to play 82 games? Practice is good, it gives them time in the gym and to work on skills, but there's nothing like a real game - and what matters most is being able to play in those games and handle the grind of a long season.

I figured that all of them moving at once would be enough by itself to give them a reasonable amount of practice time, cutting a bunch of games off of the schedule just seems unneeded. It's even crazier having one division play less games than the rest of the league. I'm not opposed to a shorter schedule, but it should be 70 or 72 games for every team in the league.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Haha, that's what I have a problem with. These teams were talking about wanting a 60 game schedule. What's supposed to happen to these players when they hit the NHL and need to play 82 games? Practice is good, it gives them time in the gym and to work on skills, but there's nothing like a real game - and what matters most is being able to play in those games and handle the grind of a long season.

I figured that all of them moving at once would be enough by itself to give them a reasonable amount of practice time, cutting a bunch of games off of the schedule just seems unneeded. It's even crazier having one division play less games than the rest of the league. I'm not opposed to a shorter schedule, but it should be 70 or 72 games for every team in the league.
I agree it should be the same league wide. Although I like the 76 game schedule personally.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

And right here is why it won't be win percentage....If I play 76 games and I win 35 of them and you play 70 or 66 and you win 35 of them then you go because your win percentage is better. How is that fair to me especially if say I have the same number of points as you? Again can't go by points because I have a greater chance to get points by virtue of playing more games....besides i think BTV has hit it on the head. Eliminate the Pacific division from playoff contention so that they can practice all that time to get better, since that was their reason for wanting a reduced schedule to begin with.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
I dont see what the big deal is, I love hockey but I wouldnt at all mind seeing the pro hockey season reduced. 70 game regular season for me is plenty. 35 home & away games for each. April the playoffs can get underway and championships decided just into May, not when its summer. Hockey in the United States shouldnt have to compete with baseball, and I think it would make the playoffs more attractive at the minor league level. For developmental purposes players would perform better, not get so banged up, and the awful 3 games in 3 nights could easily be eliminated. Last season by the time the AHL playoffs were just getting underway NCAA DI hockey had already crowned the Dutchmen of Union College as the National Champions down in Philladelphia PA. I think the AHL and ECHL should trim back just a bit as well, I think it would have a positive impact on the developing players and help some of the more attendance challenged markets.

You don't want hockey to compete with baseball, tell baseball not to start their regular season in March and end with the World Series in November.

The games won't be trimmed back because that means trimming back revenue.

I think the Pacific teams shouldn't play any games, just practice.

And right here is why it won't be win percentage....If I play 76 games and I win 35 of them and you play 70 or 66 and you win 35 of them then you go because your win percentage is better. How is that fair to me especially if say I have the same number of points as you? Again can't go by points because I have a greater chance to get points by virtue of playing more games....besides i think BTV has hit it on the head. Eliminate the Pacific division from playoff contention so that they can practice all that time to get better, since that was their reason for wanting a reduced schedule to begin with.

Eliminate them from the Regular Season as well. No games, only practice!!!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Not totally opposed to a 70 or 72 game season, I'm just saying the idea that a group of teams play less for logistics sake while others play a full boat is awful league management and unfair.

Anything less than 70 though is bad for development. I see too many college kids and guys from Sweden and Finland who come here and after 40-50 games of a rookie season they start to diminish skills wise and stamina wise. They absolutely need to prepare for the NHL grind if that's where they're heading and this league does that for a certain caliber of player.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not totally opposed to a 70 or 72 game season, I'm just saying the idea that a group of teams play less for logistics sake while others play a full boat is awful league management and unfair.

Anything less than 70 though is bad for development. I see too many college kids and guys from Sweden and Finland who come here and after 40-50 games of a rookie season they start to diminish skills wise and stamina wise. They absolutely need to prepare for the NHL grind if that's where they're heading and this league does that for a certain caliber of player.
How is it any different than the CHL? The WHL plays 72 games and the QMJHL and OHL plays 68. Then teh Champions all meet in the Memorial Cup.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
How is it any different than the CHL? The WHL plays 72 games and the QMJHL and OHL plays 68. Then teh Champions all meet in the Memorial Cup.

Meh, the Memorial Cup is a separate tournament as I see it. It is not a structured playoff system within the season based on regular season standings. Heck, the host team gets in whether they deserve to or not.

I don't care enough about the CHL to get annoyed by it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4