Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 1 Rockford IceHogs: Solid Performance for the 1st Win of the Season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wonder if the ref just warned the rockford goalie, he went over to talk to him as that's the 2nd time that the net was knocked off in the last few minutes. both times Laval put the puck in but clearly after it was knocked off.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I wonder if the ref just warned the rockford goalie, he went over to talk to him as that's the 2nd time that the net was knocked off in the last few minutes. both times Laval put the puck in but clearly after it was knocked off.

Yea. It happened twice when Laval was hard on the forecheck.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm a minute or two behind (which is why AHL Live is the best, the button to jump ahead or back 15 seconds is the best, I use it a ton). But a Rockford player just fell for no reason much like Poehling in the 1st so maybe the ice isn't good.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Poehling is awarded with an assist on Belzile's goal. It wasn't initially there, so it was put up there retroactively. It's his first point of the season. He won the face-off on the PP, where Ouellet took a few strides before passing it to Belzile for the goal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very encouraging to see is that Laval is very effective defensively. They are not giving Rockford much.

Shots are 14-5 for Laval so far in the second period. And 28-12 in the game.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
This team is build for 19 players to be in attendance during their games. Without exception.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MB is at the Laval game. Which explains why he wasn't at the team photo today. But it also explains the space between Julien and Byron, because he will surely be photoshopped in. :laugh:

EG2bPLHWoAIyu29.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Excellent period by Laval. Rockford got some momentum at the end of the period. But Primeau made some good saves. But he wasn't really challenged much as Laval was very effective defensively.

30-10 shots for Laval after two periods.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Much better period as Laval was clearly the better team. Still need to see guys like Barber, Varone get some points as they should be leading the team in scoring but don't even have a single point yet. Evans and Hudon with only 1 pt each, that needs to change as well. Every forward on this team except Belzile have either 1 or 0 points, that's f***ing crazy.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Much better period as Laval was clearly the better team. Still need to see guys like Barber, Varone get some points as they should be leading the team in scoring but don't even have a single point yet. Evans and Hudon with only 1 pt each, that needs to change as well. Every forward on this team except Belzile have either 1 or 0 points, that's ****ing crazy.

Agreed. I was listening to the pre-game on the radio in my car and Marcotte mentioned that Barber was off to a slow start last year in Hershey, as well. But he picked it up in the second half of the season to the point where he singlehandedly brought the Bears to the playoffs. Hopefully he won't wait until the second half of the season to get going this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad