Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 1 Rockford IceHogs: Solid Performance for the 1st Win of the Season

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:laugh:

I love it because they left space between CJ and Byron for MB, but in your photoshop, it's like MB arranged to take over the photo with his biceps.

You can't just insert MB in a photo -- he's the face of the franchise so it's both his muscles and his ego that dictate his ultimate placement. :D

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What a play by Laval.

Lamarche cuts the cross-ice pass. Sends Belzile on the counter attack, who sends Evans on a breakaway. He gets tripped and there is a penalty called on the play.

I don't know why it wasn't a penalty shot as Evans was on a breakaway. I guess the ref felt like the Rockford defenseman was with him the entire time.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Nice pass by Belzile and good chance by Evans. Seems like every play Belzile makes turns into something good today.

Lamarche seems solid too, did not expect him to be pretty good!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that was a nice goal from Hudon, about time a forward other then Belzile got a point. Still don't know how they gave assists out on that Belzile goal, that looked like it was going wide before the Rockford player tipped it into his own end.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau played well, gets his first win as a pro. Lindgren has let in 3 goals per game, Primeau has let in 3 goals on the season.

Poehling had a rough 1st but got better as the game went on as did most of the team.

Leskinen with 4 pts in the last 2 games. Although that was a dumb penalty to take that late in a tight game but so was Poehling's.

Next game is wed night vs boston's AHL team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I missed the first period, but the 2nd and 3rd periods were very solid. The team played a lot more like they did last year. Aggressive on the forecheck, creating chances and being a lot more sound defensively. Primeau wasn't challenged much, but when he was, he made the saves.

Scoring:

Alex Belzile (3rd of the season)
Assisted by Xavier Ouellet & Ryan Poehling

Lukas Vejdemo (1st of the season)
Assisted by Joe Cox & Otto Leskinen

Charles Hudon (2nd of the season)
Assisted by Otto Leskinen & Ryan Poehling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad