Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 1 Rockford IceHogs: Solid Performance for the 1st Win of the Season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EG2EBAUXUAEe2Dj.jpg

News & Notes

- Cayden Primeau will get the start.

Reactions: cphabs and Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Translation: Peca will miss today's game due to injury. Joe Cox and Michael Pezzetta will play their first games of the season. Aside from Peca, it remains to be seen who Pezzetta will replace. Or if they will play with 13 forwards.

Translation: We'll have to wait at least until Wednesday to see McCarron and Juulsen play.

Translation: Rockford will have a few interesting players in their line-up. Kirby Dach (2019 3rd Overall Pick) is on a conditioning stint after recovering from concussion. Fortin and Beaudin (two of their top prospects) are playing. As well as Adam Boqvist.

Note: Dach is on a conditioning stint. But once that stint is over, Hawks need to decide if he plays in the NHL or return him to Junior. He can only play AHL on a conditioning stint.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope they win and hope Primeau has a big game again, but if not I still wouldn't be concerned as hockey players are creatures of habit mostly and a 2 pm game on a Monday is very far from what they are used to. That said they need to be fired up at starting so poorly and start scoring some damn goals.

Reactions: cphabs

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
lines,

Varone Evans Barber
Hudon Poehling Belzile
Jevpalovs Vejdemo Cox
Pezzetta Lynch Weise

Leskinen Ouellet
Olofsson Larmarche
Alzner Brook

Primeau

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Translation: ... Fortin and Beaudin (two of their top prospects) are playing. ...

In the French version, Marcotte precedes the names Fortin and Beaudin with "les Québécois". I see that he has the same reporting style as TVA Spanre.

Jul 6, 2016
lines,

Varone Evans Barber
Hudon Poehling Belzile
Jevpalovs Vejdemo Cox
Pezzetta Lynch Weise

Leskinen Ouellet
Olofsson Larmarche
Alzner Brook

Primeau

Poehling with two capable wingers.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I'm really craving for a win. I would love our farm team to imprint a winning mentality on our younger prospects. I hope the wins will start coming soon, this should be a playoff team dang it.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just got in from work. So I missed the first period. But after one period, Rockford is up 1-0. Shots were 14-7 for Laval. I don't know how they looked, though.

There are only three teams in the AHL who have yet to register a win. Laval and Rockford are two of the three (San Diego Gulls being the third (Anaheim's AHL affiliate, where Sylvain Lefebvre serves as assistant coach)). So today, at least one of Rockford and Laval will have one win.

Reactions: Redux91 and cphabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
In the French version, Marcotte precedes the names Fortin and Beaudin with "les Québécois". I see that he has the same reporting style as TVA Spanre.

Yea. I purposely left that part out as, I'm sure you would agree, is pointless to mention it. But I agree, as much as I like Marcotte, he does take every opportunity to mention it when it's un Québécois.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval looks like shit, it's like one team is awake and other not as Laval is playing sloppy.

Primeau kept them in it so far, the one goal he gave up you want him to save that one but it was from a prime scoring area that the shooter should never have been that open from there.

Evans has been their best player so far, you can tell he looks quicker then last year. He had a good chance to score at the end of the 1st but the goalie made a nice save. I keep seeing posters calling for Poehling to be called up but to me it would be Evans over him as Poehling just doesn't look right at all, must have some lingering effects as he looked terrible. He skated into the offensive zone and just fell down, I don't even know what the heck happened.

Brook with at least one good and bad play. He made a nice defensive play early on and then for some unknown reason he tried to pass the puck to the front of the net, just a poor decision there that could have been costly.

Many players look like they are asleep though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good start for Laval in the second. A counter attack started by Poehling. Two scoring chances followed because of his one entry.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
looks like Bouchard gave it to them during the intermission as they looked awake for sure. That PP only went in because the rockford player tipped into his own end, hopefully that gets the offense going though since goals have been so hard to come by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad