Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 3 - 1 Rockford IceHogs: Solid Performance for the 1st Win of the Season

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A lot more engaged. Very good on the face-off dot. In fact, both of his assists came from winning the face-off with authority.

Hummmm ... maybe MB being there had something to do with that.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I watched the second period, and I was impressed by the speed of the game. The AHL went a long way since last time I watched.

Good effort, but saw a terrible blunder by Brook lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I watched the second period, and I was impressed by the speed of the game. The AHL went a long way since last time I watched.

Good effort, but saw a terrible blunder by Brook lol

Yea. Brook is capable of being so good but also making some bad choices. I'm guessing the one you're talking about was when he was behind his own net and tried to pass it to someone in front of the net but it was intercepted. It could have been a scoring chance of the IceHogs player got a clean shot (I believe it ended up being blocked). But as a result, Rockford had a sustained presence in the zone. Luckily for Brook, Primeau was able to finally freeze the puck.

He had a few of those kinds of bad decisions. But overall, he had a good game.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
bargain bin was there. maybe they're thinking of sending down fleury ..if it's suzuki, i hope it's for another young guy like poehling or evans..not the old plugs

Reactions: cphabs

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Yea. Brook is capable of being so good but also making some bad choices. I'm guessing the one you're talking about was when he was behind his own net and tried to pass it to someone in front of the net but it was intercepted. It could have been a scoring chance of the IceHogs player got a clean shot (I believe it ended up being blocked). But as a result, Rockford had a sustained presence in the zone. Luckily for Brook, Primeau was able to finally freeze the puck.

He had a few of those kinds of bad decisions. But overall, he had a good game.

yeah, that one :)

To be honest at this point I would send down Suzuki because i feel he is struggling and some quality time would help. but i would call up Belzile or Hudon instead of Peel, just because it sends a message that if you work hard you get called

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
bargain bin was there. maybe they're thinking of sending down fleury ..if it's suzuki, i hope it's for another young guy like poehling or evans..not the old plugs

Belzile is the most deserving of a call up over Evans and Poehling right now. As much as it's nice to see the kids get called up, at this moment, Evans and Poehling still need significant playing time. Belzile would be my first call up.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
yeah, that one :)

To be honest at this point I would send down Suzuki because i feel he is struggling and some quality time would help. but i would call up Belzile or Hudon instead of Peel, just because it sends a message that if you work hard you get called

I'm for Suzuki and Fleury being sent down. And I agree (as I posted a moment ago), the player I think deserves the call up more than anyone right now at forward, it's Belzile.

Reactions: donghabs98

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm for Suzuki and Fleury being sent down. And I agree (as I posted a moment ago), the player I think deserves the call up more than anyone right now at forward, it's Belzile.

I don't see us calling up Belzile while Cousins hasn't even gottena game in yet... but I'm happy he's doing well!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
MB is at the Laval game. Which explains why he wasn't at the team photo today. But it also explains the space between Julien and Byron, because he will surely be photoshopped in. :laugh:

EG2bPLHWoAIyu29.jpg

Price with perfect positioning......Kinkaid sporting the gaping 5 hole.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
What’s going on with both Habs and Rocket dressing rooms? They’re both going full out medieval for their player of the game accessorizing.

I just posted in the Habs/Blues post-game thread about the source of why Weber went with the sword. Apparently, he was inspired by his dad's love of Conan the Barbarian.

When I looked at Fleury, the first thing I thought of was this:

upload_2019-10-14_19-14-7.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't see us calling up Belzile while Cousins hasn't even gottena game in yet... but I'm happy he's doing well!

If they send down Suzuki, the Habs would be at 12 forwards. I can see them call someone up to have 13 and make sure in case there are injuries, someone can be inserted in the line-up next game.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What’s going on with both Habs and Rocket dressing rooms? They’re both going full out medieval for their player of the game accessorizing.

Marc found some deals at the local flea market. He can't pass up a deal , he said to himself "I can find a use for these spare parts!".

Reactions: LaP and Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad