Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Laval Rocket 2 - 3 Belleville Senators: The Rocket Showed Up 20-Minutes Too Late

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They made a game of it but what irks me is how unprepared to play they were when the puck dropped.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval has played 8 games and has scored 2 or less in 5 of those games. That's just terrible. And the 3 games they scored more then 2 goals were all together, so 3 games in a row they scored a total of 11 goals (3, 5, 3) and have scored just 2 goals in the last 2 games.

Reactions: Rapala

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Shots on Goal
LAV 4 - 19 - 18
BEL 16 - 13 - 3

Laval woke up 30 minutes too late. Lost 3-2 in regulation.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I mentioned earlier, it may prove too little, too late, but Laval dominating from the second period and after was good to see. What wasn't good to see was them not converting their countless chances.

Hodberg also showed why he is one of the AHL's better goalies. He did rob the Rocket players quite a few times.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just looked up the standings, wow was I in for a surprise, Laval is actually tied for 8th in the league in goals for but it's because they have played the most games at 8 while some were at 4 and only 1 other team was at 8. But they were dead last in goals against with 25.

When you have 3 former NHLers making up half your blueline in Alzner, Ouellet and Olofsson that is troubling, although if you only score 2 goals you aren't going to win a lot of games, at least that's how it was last year.

Last edited:

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
No idea what's wrong with this team. I know it's early but they're underachieving big time I find. And the coach might not be the problem.

I'm sure they'll do better as the season progresses though. They show some nice flashes.

Reactions: Fixxer

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
just looked up the standings, wow was I in for a surprise, Laval is actually tied for 8th in the league in goals for but it's because they have played the most games at 8 while some were at 4 and only 1 was at 8. But they were dead last in goals against with 25.

When you have 3 former NHLers making up half your blueline in Alzner, Ouellet and Olofsson that is troubling, although if you only score 2 goals you aren't going to win a lot of games, at least that's how it was last year.

I was wondering how the dynamic would play out. We've done a ton flushing and Laval is like a water treatment plant. Not a fan of the approach.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
just looked up the standings, wow was I in for a surprise, Laval is actually tied for 8th in the league in goals for but it's because they have played the most games at 8 while some were at 4 and only 1 other team was at 8. But they were dead last in goals against with 25.

MB struggles to build a D corps in the AHL too.........wow.

Crazy about the lack of scoring, thought they would have had more success to date.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad