Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Blows a 3-Goal Lead. Lose 5-4 in OT)

Sand94

Oct 5, 2017
I tuned into the last 3 mins of the game and OT... is this team always this individualistic?

bunch of puck hogs making bad plays after bad plays.... maybe I’m just used to the NHL but holy shit was that terrible.

ouellet literally had the puck behind our own net on a 3 on 3 breakout and managed to turn the puck over on a forecheck..... how does he not just reverse around the boards or make a simple pass.

terrible players all over this team.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Man, that 3 on 3 was brutal to watch. So many of these guys on the Rocket just don't play an NHL game, Hudon leading the way.

Meanwhile, there was a lot of talent on the Sens.

The main positive from this is Fleury and KK are where they're supposed to be, even if I'm not so convinced they'll be dominant. But, they should be good enough to help for the playoff push.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I tuned into the last 3 mins of the game and OT... is this team always this individualistic?

bunch of puck hogs making bad plays after bad plays.... maybe I’m just used to the NHL but holy **** was that terrible.

ouellet literally had the puck behind our own net on a 3 on 3 breakout and managed to turn the puck over on a forecheck..... how does he not just reverse around the boards or make a simple pass.

terrible players all over this team.

I blame you for the collapse, then. :sarcasm:

Honestly, they were playing a solid game tonight all around. Belleville is one of the best teams in the league and they were doing a good job collectively. Kinkaid was even making some big saves.

The moment you tuned in, the final minutes of the third is when it all started crumbling.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Kinkaid
fleury+beachball.gif

Reactions: Guess and Andrei79

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Can someone tell me why is Kinkaid playing while we have McNiven being treated like crap?

McNiven definitely deserves to be in Laval right now. Especially over Kinkaid. But contracts being what they are, it unfortunately comes into play here. Which is why Kinkaid is in Laval and McNiven bounces around the ECHL, who by the way, is playing for one of the worst teams in the ECHL, but he is still putting up great stats.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
McNiven definitely deserves to be in Laval right now. Especially over Kinkaid. But contracts being what they are, it unfortunately comes into play here. Which is why Kinkaid is in Laval and McNiven bounces around the ECHL, who by the way, is playing for one of the worst teams in the ECHL, but he is still putting up great stats.
Then can't we just buy out Kinkaid? It's a 1 year deal anyways.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Yep! Always liked him as a prospect. I also thought he was good in the 2nd half last year for the Rocket. I'd like to see him back for sure!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think the best option for Laval down the stretch is Charlie Lindgren....Kinkaid is obviously not the answer and Primeau needs help.

Reactions: Gravity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad