Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Blows a 3-Goal Lead. Lose 5-4 in OT)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
EPs3NhWW4AAZetD.jpg

News & Notes

- Jesperi Kotkaniemi was assigned to Laval earlier today. Is expected to play tonight.

- Keith Kinkaid gets the start.

- Xavier Ouellet returns to the line-up after missing last night's game. Christian Folin will sit out.

EPuHZnmWAAACTOG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs and Andrei79

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We'll need to be patient here. We shouldn't expect Kotkaniemi to show up in the AHL and dominate off the bat. It'll take an adjustment period.

I think this has to be Joel Bouchard's most important task to date since joining the organization.
Absolutely because Fleury was pretty brutal last night to be honest

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Poehling and Caufield on the way.

I wouldn't count Caufield in just yet. Poehling yes, since he's already in the pros.

The earliest Caufield's season ends is March 8th. But that is if they get eliminated in the Quarter-Finals of the Conference Championship. And then they face the question, do they sign him and start him at pro or leave him there to play another year in the NCAA?

Reactions: Fixxer and Gravity

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I wouldn't count Caufield in just yet. Poehling yes, since he's already in the pros.

The earliest Caufield's season ends is March 8th. But that is if they get eliminated in the Quarter-Finals of the Conference Championship. And then they face the question, do they sign him and start him at pro or leave him there to play another year in the NCAA?
Nothing in MB's regime has pointed to patience with prospects so I presume they'll sign him this spring.

Reactions: cphabs

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Mete has to clear waivers to go down so he's not going back again unless it's a conditioning stint and I don't think they send Suzuki down at all. I'm more worried they will call up Kotka too soon like they did with Poehling already.

You're right, my bad.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Kotkaniemi will center a line with Hudon and Cox. He will wear #45.

that's f***ing stupid. Cox is a 4th liner, a hard worker and that should help the line since Hudon isn't the hardest worker. I do like Hudon getting setup from Kotka but I would have put him with Varone and Barber and hope the vets take him under their wing and get his head on straight. Hudon I don't know if he's that kind of player, not that I know if Barber or Varone are either.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
that's ****ing stupid. Cox is a 4th liner, a hard worker and that should help the line since Hudon isn't the hardest worker. I do like Hudon getting setup from Kotka but I would have put him with Varone and Barber and hope the vets take him under their wing and get his head on straight. Hudon I don't know if he's that kind of player, not that I know if Barber or Varone are either.

I agree about Cox. I don't know if maybe the motive here is to give Kotkaniemi someone who grinds a bit more in order to go get those pucks for Kotkaniemi and Hudon. It's a guess.

They also surely want to keep Peca with Evans instead of just flat replace Evans with Kotkaniemi and he would keep Hudon and Peca.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Is Brook back on defense at least?

Kotkaniemi in the AHL feels right, and it's long overdue. Hopefully Bouchard can get his confidence back up.

Yea Brook is back on defense. Played with Alzner as he has pretty much all season.

And agreed about Kotkaniemi being in Laval is overdue. This is Bouchard's most important task to date. It's not so much the skill set he will help with, but more his confidence and help working on a few areas he needs to improve on.

Poehling was also off to a rough start, too. But before his call up, he was getting going and looking real good

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yea Brook is back on defense. Played with Alzner as he has pretty much all season.

And agreed about Kotkaniemi being in Laval is overdue. This is Bouchard's most important task to date. It's not so much the skill set he will help with, but more his confidence and help working on a few areas he needs to improve on.

Poehling was also off to a rough start, too. But before his call up, he was getting going and looking real good
The worst thing that could have happened to Poehling was scoring 3 goals in his first game

Last edited:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I agree about Cox. I don't know if maybe the motive here is to give Kotkaniemi someone who grinds a bit more in order to go get those pucks for Kotkaniemi and Hudon. It's a guess.
I don't think Cox is much of a grinder. He's fast, but pretty soft. I can't imagine how he could be a good fit for Kotkaniemi.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Healthy concurrence. Fantastic environment to perform. We set up a positive pressure here. They can’t ask for more. It’s up to them to show us that they’re deserving all of this. C’mon let’s go.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00