Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Blows a 3-Goal Lead. Lose 5-4 in OT)

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
That would make us to pay for him for 2 years.

the season is almsot over , pretty pointless.

I mean you would just have to pay what like 850k against the cap for next year? We have 8mil+ in cap space. Plus if Laval wants to make any semblance of a playoff run, they're going to need better goaltending that that.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Then can't we just buy out Kinkaid? It's a 1 year deal anyways.

There is a window in the summer when teams can buy a player out. If a player is not bought out, then they can't be bought out the rest of the year.

And if the Habs want to terminate, the player needs to accept it. And I don't blame Kinkaid if he'd rather get paid in Laval then to no longer get paid because the contract is terminated.

And they can't send him to the ECHL.

Reactions: Gravity

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Was KK or Fleury on the ice for any of the Sens goals?

in 2 games since Fleury has been sent down, Laval gave up 8 goals in regulation and he's been on the ice for 5 of them. He's looked outright terrible in his own end but I like what i've seen from him on the PP and I think he's going to help them a lot there. He struggled a good bit last year in his own end which is why I was so shocked that he was in the NHL this year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There is a window in the summer when teams can buy a player out. If a player is not bought out, then they can't be bought out the rest of the year.

And if the Habs want to terminate, the player needs to accept it. And I don't blame Kinkaid if he'd rather get paid in Laval then to no longer get paid because the contract is terminated.

And they can't send him to the ECHL.
Only option is not to play him

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
in 2 games since Fleury has been sent down, Laval gave up 8 goals in regulation and he's been on the ice for 5 of them. He's looked outright terrible in his own end but I like what i've seen from him on the PP and I think he's going to help them a lot there. He struggled a good bit last year in his own end which is why I was so shocked that he was in the NHL this year.
Hard to comprehend how a player looks better and more poised in a superior league.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Hard to comprehend how a player looks better and more poised in a superior league.

well the goaltending is a big difference, going from having Price in net to having Primeau/Kindaid who are both struggling of late and the fact that the freaking sens just seem to own Laval.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
well the goaltending is a big difference, going from having Price in net to having Primeau/Kindaid who are both struggling of late and the fact that the freaking sens just seem to own Laval.
Fair but Fleury more than held his own in Montreal this year. He played pretty well for 41 games.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That was mainly Kinkaid. You can't allow 3 goals in 5 mins especially one from behind the goal line with 8 secs left.

The team was soft as butter defensively. They could've played a much tighter game around Kinkaid.

It was a combination of three things: Kincaid, the defensive play of both forwards and defensemen, as well as Bellevilles superior skill.

Reactions: Fenris

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The team was soft as butter defensively. They could've played a much tighter game around Kinkaid.

It was a combination of three things: Kincaid, the defensive play of both forwards and defensemen, as well as Bellevilles superior skill.
Behind the net with 8 secs left. That's unforgivable.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not entirely on Kincaid ...thatwas a collective team collapse in the final minutes of the 3rd. All players and coaching staff should take responsibility.

it's tough cause before that happened he was making some very good saves.

The sens are just a nightmare for Laval, they just always beat us. Last night we dominated them defensively and offensively but their goalie was outstanding (kind of like Kinkaid before the final 5 mins of the game) and Primeau wasn't though the D hung him out a couple times (Fleury).

When Folin was first sent down on a conditioning stint it was the same, he was flat out terrible and cost us several goals against. I thought what the f*** this guy is an NHLer and he looks like shit (but hadn't played much) but then when he got sent down the 2nd time he was much better. Maybe Fleury just needs to adjust, but man did he have a brutal series and at the worst time against the hottest team in the league.

Laval is going to have to get their shit together real quick, they got Utica on Wed, then the f***ing sens again on Saturday and then a huge game vs the Marlies on Sunday, followed by Utica again. And if that's not bad enough then their next 2 are against 2 more top teams in the wolf pack and bruins. f***

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't have a moment to translate right now for those who don't speak French. I will try to type it down later. Unless someone else wants to tackle it in the meantime.

Reactions: FLHabs

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I don't have a moment to translate right now for those who don't speak French. I will try to type it down later. Unless someone else wants to tackle it in the meantime.

Damn, Bouchard has a thick accent.

He said that he's letting players who are coming from all over do their thing, which sometimes doesn't work out because the players don't know each other well. They don't yet have confidence in each other.

The purpose of the AHL is to develop for the NHL, to see who can progress and who can't. What's important is knowing who can eventually help the Habs progress, in the meantime the Rocket is a nice laboratory for hockey.

What Bouchard likes about Kotkaniemi is that he's happy to be here and to play a lot. He told him that he made a couple moves that won't work in the NHL, but he has a lot of talent and potential and they're going to work together and yes it will involve a lot of mistakes.

He says that he's had a relationship with Kotkaniemi since two years ago, it was rapidly built at the training camp. It helped when they spoke on the phone that morning. has a lot of skills that can't be taught. The best news is what he's living now. He's in a growth environment.

If losing one game, losing two games, is the price to win 12, then so be it.

Cale has had a lot of progression, but he's still a young player, but now with higher expectations. He needs to learn with misses, such as his missed shot tonight. This is the best school for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad