Post-Game Talk: {AHL} Belleville Senators vs. Laval Rocket (Laval Blows a 3-Goal Lead. Lose 5-4 in OT)

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This is it tonight, multi-point game and he’s a future HOF, gets blanked and he’s the 2nd coming of Galchenyuk, everything is riding on this game :sarcasm:

Just hoping for once in 25 years player development is prioritized over a W

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just added the line-up in the OP.

But here it is:
EPuHZnmWAAACTOG.jpg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Well he didn’t fall in that clip, so it’s already looking like a success.

Jokes aside, I hope he plays 18-20 minutes and on the first pp unit. Not expecting a whole lot for his first game there though.

He will play a lot in Laval. When they sent Mete for a few weeks last year, he was used in all situations and played top-pairing minutes. I'm expecting Kotkaniemi to go through the same. He'll play top line minutes and in all situations. Only situation I don't expect him to play is the PK. But Bouchard may actually use him there so he gets some time there, too.

Unfortunately, we can't track TOI in the AHL. For some odd reason, that info is not shared with the media and neither the fans. I'm sure they track it but it's kept internal within the coaching staffs and organizations.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I will be watching. All Laval needed tonight is goaltending

Yup. And I'm not comfortable with Kinkaid either as he's struggled his last few starts. Primeau is inconsistent right now, putting one great performance following it up with a weak one. But not worried with the kid. I am concerned by the fact Kinkaid is not able to look good in the AHL either.

Reactions: Tyson

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good news is that Toronto lost in regulation to Charlotte. Charlotte winning has no bearing on Laval since they're in another division. Toronto losing in regulation means they stay at 49 pts and tied with Laval. However, the Marlies have one game in hand (will be two games in hand after tonight). If Laval wins, they pass Toronto in points. But if they lose, then they remain in 5th place.

But what is happening in the North Division is crazy. Because the 6th, 7th, and 8th place teams sit at 46 pts, a mere 3 pts away from a playoff spot. The race is on in full force right now. And every game and every point matters.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Good news is that Toronto lost in regulation to Charlotte. Charlotte winning has no bearing on Laval since they're in another division. Toronto losing in regulation means they stay at 49 pts and tied with Laval. However, the Marlies have one game in hand (will be two games in hand after tonight). If Laval wins, they pass Toronto in points. But if they lose, then they remain in 5th place.

But what is happening in the North Division is crazy. Because the 6th, 7th, and 8th place teams sit at 46 pts, a mere 3 pts away from a playoff spot. The race is on in full force right now. And every game and every point matters.
Like I said in my previous post this team desperately needs good goaltending

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice saves by Kinkaid.

I was just about to say Laval is off to a good start. But then the Sens get their first look at the net and it was a scoring chance. Kinkaid shut the door.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A lot of future NHLers playing tonight:

Kotkaniemi
Fleury
Brook
Primeau

Primeau isn't playing. But yes, he is a future NHL'er in Laval right now.

They also have some past NHL'ers like Alzner, Kinkaid, and Folin (not in the line-up tonight).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad