AHL Affiliate Thread - Send them the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Seth Jarvis scored once, and would have had two goals on the night if a fight hadn't broken out behind the puck literally a second before he scored, nullifying the tally (just before the 2 minute mark in the vid)

Reactions: Unsustainable

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Keane took 3 minor penalties today plus a fighting major
All 3 minors resulted in goals against and yet, he still gets rewarded with PP time.....coach needs to send a better message than that...........SMH
Sounds more like the team needs to work on their PK...penalties happen (just look at the garbage the Canes get called for), hard to blame him alone for the team shitting the bed on PK

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
To me, the only rookie this year that's more fun to watch than Jarvis in the AHL is Zegras, and he's in the NHL now. I'm usually not this quick to make a judgment on a rookie's star power, however, I'm pretty sure that Jarvis is going to be a very good NHL player in a couple of years. He's certainly going to a nice luxury add in the middle-6 sooner than I expected to keep the cap situation strong.

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
To me, the only rookie this year that's more fun to watch than Jarvis in the AHL is Zegras, and he's in the NHL now. I'm usually not this quick to make a judgment on a rookie's star power, however, I'm pretty sure that Jarvis is going to be a very good NHL player in a couple of years. He's certainly going to a nice luxury add in the middle-6 sooner than I expected to keep the cap situation strong.

With Rees coming up as well I think we can safely say goodbye to foegele or McGinn. We maybe not even keep either.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
With Rees coming up as well I think we can safely say goodbye to foegele or McGinn. We maybe not even keep either.

They'll keep Foegele around until Rees is ready. They'll get nice picks for both players, I think. McGinn's UFA rights could even be dealt in a similar way as Eddy was after the postseason. He'll certainly have good value after the year that he's had so far.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Seth Jarvis scored once, and would have had two goals on the night if a fight hadn't broken out behind the puck literally a second before he scored, nullifying the tally (just before the 2 minute mark in the vid)
I noticed that, but also noticed he scored immediately after play was restarted in the offensive zone. So, we can't lay claim to both goals...

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We lost an 8-4 game to Phoenix in 05-06 in which both Cam and Gerber registered assists.

I think I remember this game. I turned it off early probably

Thats amazing, both that the game played out that way and that you were ready with the stats. Are there video highlights of this game anywhere?

NHL.com might. Probably bad quality but its 2005 so, yeah.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Thats amazing, both that the game played out that way and that you were ready with the stats. Are there video highlights of this game anywhere?
No idea on the highlights, i just remember that game as being one of those complete absurdities that you know you'll never see again when it happens.

Also that Phoenix team has a shitload of guys that give a "wait, he played for them?" reaction: Nedved, Hull, Mike Comrie, CuJo, Boucher, Ricci, Seidenberg, NHL Player Derek Morris

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
No idea on the highlights, i just remember that game as being one of those complete absurdities that you know you'll never see again when it happens.

Also that Phoenix team has a shitload of guys that give a "wait, he played for them?" reaction: Nedved, Hull, Mike Comrie, CuJo, Boucher, Ricci, Seidenberg, NHL Player Derek Morris

"Why does NHL player Derek Morris shave his beard?" "Why does NHL player Derek Morris not high-five his teammates?" "Why did NHL player Derek Morris never become a Carolina Hurricane?"

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad