GDT: AHL – Amerks – Fri Dec 21 vs B-Sens – Sat Dec 22 at B-Sens – 7:05PM ET – TV: TWCS

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Is it just me but the Amerks don't seem to have much speed.
They don't and one thing that hasn't been talked about around here but should be is that Hodgson is slow even for AHL standards. I hoped that he would be able to add some speed in the off season the way Adam and Foligno have in years past but I fear his terrible skating style coupled with his back history may prevent him from ever doing so. Jason Allison was always a poor skater and eventually REALLY slow towards the end of his career and he still could rack up assists, I'm hoping for the same from Cody.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The handling of the defense in Roc is beginning to border on mid season firings in my mind. This was supposed to be the strength of our prospect pool and right now it doesn't look like we have anything resembling competence.

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
Amerks lost Morrisonn and Mckee(on the bench) from last season, obviously one or both of those guys made a huge difference because we went from being at least fairly solid on defense to absolutely atrocious.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yeah pretty simple logic. You can't lose your best defenseman, not replace him, and expect the defense to improve in a more talented AHL.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Yeah pretty simple logic. You can't lose your best defenseman, not replace him, and expect the defense to improve in a more talented AHL.
I think they thought McNabb would continue developing at the pace he did with Buffalo at the end of last year. He should not only be the teams best D man but one of the best in the league and he looks like ECHL material right now.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I think they thought McNabb would continue developing at the pace he did with Buffalo at the end of last year. He should not only be the teams best D man but one of the best in the league and he looks like ECHL material right now.
Agreed, he's been probably the teams worst player, or close to it. Still, you need at least one veteran on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad