GDT: AHL – Amerks – Fri Dec 21 vs B-Sens – Sat Dec 22 at B-Sens – 7:05PM ET – TV: TWCS

hockeylover1

Dec 10, 2010
Both. McKee only had the defence for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defence is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Defending RR?

Not really, he's a terrible coach. But he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to make some of the bizarre decisions he's made all year.

Darcy Regier just sees the Amerks as 100% development. He couldn't care less if they win 2 games or 60. McNabb is out there in all situations no matter what. He doesn't deserve it. JGL is in the lineup and playing a lot of minutes. He doesn't deserve it. I could go on but things just aren't adding up.

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
Both. McKee only had the defense for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defense is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game

This is a correct observation which nobody on this board has picked up on. McKee for some strange reason was relegated to the forwards during the games and never talked to the D.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Not really. He was a rookie in the NHL when most felt he didn't even belong there yet. Not only that he was in a top 6 role initially and later plugged around different holes. IIRC he was 3rd in PPG by a rookie the first month of the season. He started to struggle when the team went to ****. At the time it looked like Adam was dragging ass but it was just the beginning of a bad season.

I guess you can say he regressed looking at his numbers and how he and the team started to play but it's hard to pin it on Adam. He wasn't ready to play in the NHL and was basically thrown to the dogs because of the terrible center depth at the time. And then he was thrown under the bus by his head coach. It's hard for me to say he was playing poorly when it's inevitable that an NHL Rookie will fall off at some point in time, Rolston just hasn't gotten him back on track and the same is happening with McNabb.

How did Ruff throw him under the bus?

French Connection

Aug 16, 2007
Not really, he's a terrible coach. But he couldn't possibly be stupid enough to make some of the bizarre decisions he's made all year.

Darcy Regier just sees the Amerks as 100% development. He couldn't care less if they win 2 games or 60. McNabb is out there in all situations no matter what. He doesn't deserve it. JGL is in the lineup and playing a lot of minutes. He doesn't deserve it. I could go on but things just aren't adding up.

RR is from the USHDP and IMHO does not know anything about what it takes to coach the pro game. He is Way Way over his head.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
Both. McKee only had the defence for part of the season. For some stupid reason they moved him to handle the forwards. Defence is a tough position to play you would think McKee who played at high level of hockey would be able to teach they guys. What level of hockey did Cassidy play? Was he a defenceman? The team as a whole does not play a defensive game

According to hockeydb, he didn't play any hockey.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=126394

hockeylover1

Dec 10, 2010
Wow that make sense no actual hockey experience or even coaching experience to teach our d. Get rid of the coach who had a whole lot of experience. The d played really well when Weinrich was the d coach in Portland. Won their division and second in the conference with guys like Brennan, Beiga and Crawford as rookies. Scheistal was hurt part way through the season.

hockeylover1

Dec 10, 2010
Would be interesting to know if amerks have coaches with the least amount of experience whether it be playing the game or actual coaching experience.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Would be interesting to know if amerks have coaches with the least amount of experience whether it be playing the game or actual coaching experience.

Does it matter? Are Jim Haslett and Mike Singletary better NFL coaches than Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin because the former have playing experience while the latter didn't?

The playing experience factor means little, if anything, when it comes to coaching.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Does it matter? Are Jim Haslett and Mike Singletary better NFL coaches than Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin because the former have playing experience while the latter didn't?

The playing experience factor means little, if anything, when it comes to coaching.
Are you telling me Dan Bylsma wasn't a better hockey player than Wayne Gretzky?

heartsabres*

You do know it is a development league right? The point is to develop your players. What is the point of signing a bunch of veterans sitting your young players and winning the calder cup???

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
You do know it is a development league right? The point is to develop your players. What is the point of signing a bunch of veterans sitting your young players and winning the calder cup???
So you think the AHL is just all development right? You don't think the Sabres have any responsibility to put a winning product on the ice to the Amerks fans, players, coaches, staff members, sponsors? Do you think it's easy to sell tickets to a boring, mediocre team? The Amerks have 60 years of history and success. Just throwing that out the window? People like my dad who have been coming since the 60's, he doesn't matter right? Let's just throw players our there like it's a practice league. If that's the case, do not charge money and let us all in for free.

Sorry, you're wrong. And every time someone like you with no perspective comes on here and says that it affirms what I really think about most Sabres fans. A huge shame when people like you think a team within this whole organization shouldn't put a winner on the ice.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Saw both of the games this weekend on TV as nothing else was on. It looked like for the most part eventhough they split the weekend that these 2 are nowhere near the same level. Luke Adam got a very flukey goal Friday night that helped. Binghamton looks like a dangerous fast team that can just keep coming. The Rochester team looks...slow. I would also say uninspired aqnd perhaps even soft/timid. I know Binghamton is pretty far up in the league standings. Where is Rochester?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So you think the AHL is just all development right? You don't think the Sabres have any responsibility to put a winning product on the ice to the Amerks fans, players, coaches, staff members, sponsors? Do you think it's easy to sell tickets to a boring, mediocre team? The Amerks have 60 years of history and success. Just throwing that out the window? People like my dad who have been coming since the 60's, he doesn't matter right? Let's just throw players our there like it's a practice league. If that's the case, do not charge money and let us all in for free.

Sorry, you're wrong. And every time someone like you with no perspective comes on here and says that it affirms what I really think about most Sabres fans. A huge shame when people like you think a team within this whole organization shouldn't put a winner on the ice.

Ok in the order you asked them;
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Doesn't matter at all, T Pegs can afford to paper the whole building;
60 years of history and 0 Cups;
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yes;
Minimal at best, I believe the line is "sole reason for existence is to win a stanley cup";
Sorry your dad loves the Amerks, but as a Sabres fan, unless he plays center and can score 60-70 points a year, no he doesn't matter

However as irrelevant to the Sabres everything you said is, the fact that the team is losing and the prospects look bad to terrible in the process is an issue. The lack of defensive responsibility is an issue. Rewarding players who at times look pathetic with more ice is ridiculous. There's numerous issues with Rochester atm. Zero of them have to do with the roster not being capable of winning a Calder Trophy.

Here's some perspective for you. The bar at the top of the page says Buffalo Sabres and whether you like it or not there are people who couldn't care less about the Amerks. Without them the Sabres live on. Their record means nothing to the Sabres only the quality of the players they develop.

Posted from my phone at work in Henrietta. There's an envelop in my hand with Amerks tickets in it. When my boss gave them to me he said "I know how much you love going to the games" and hes right, I love seeing the Sabres prospects grow up, but winning a Calder Cup has never entered my mind as a priority for that team once.

+1

You're right, absolutely. I grew up in a minor league city and have understood how minor league/developmental minor leagues work. In an independent minor league winning matters because it's all you play for. When you're talking about a league like the AHL where a lot of your team is comprised of contracted guys to the higher up you work for them, not for you. Your winning means nothing, Your developing means everything. You can win but not develop. You can develop and not win. There is the arguement that winning is developing in a sense, true but just because you win doesn't mean development either. If you're winning and the vets are carrying the load more than your prospects I think there would be room for concern. History is just that, history.

It's all about players impriving there games and being ready for the big show. Things you have mentioned are more important than winning per se. I have seen it many a times in minor league/pro sports where the minor league team kicked butt together but then when they got their chance at the big show flopped together.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yes;

What's your point? Do I care if you don't think the Amerks winning is relevant? You offered no perspective in your post at all. Just a bunch of ramblings.

Again, if you don't want to hear complaining, too bad. Tell Terry Pegula not to write a letter to every Amerks fan saying the goal is to win the Calder Cup. I'm certainly going to hold him to his words. So when it's obvious that they're not trying, they should be held accountable.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
What's your point? Do I care if you don't think the Amerks winning is relevant? You offered no perspective in your post at all. Just a bunch of ramblings.

Again, if you don't want to hear complaining, too bad. Tell Terry Pegula not to write a letter to every Amerks fan saying the goal is to win the Calder Cup. I'm certainly going to hold him to his words. So when it's obvious that they're not trying, they should be held accountable.

"Obvious they're not trying" is subjective. You don't agree with what they're doing? Fine.

But don't say they're not trying.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
"Obvious they're not trying" is subjective. You don't agree with what they're doing? Fine.

But don't say they're not trying.

As someone who is known to be a quote unquote Sabres apologist, it's hard to say they're trying to put a Calder Cup winning team on the ice when they had the Amerks play 4 straight games with a defenseman at forward and one of those games short a man. They have Lagace, Boychuk, and Szydlowski playing on various AA teams, no reason to not call one of them up or sign someone to a PTO for the weekend. Dressing someone out of their position isn't going to help anyone's development and it sure didn't help the team win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad