News: Agent Allan Walsh: Max Pacioretty to LA was a done deal (pending extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
We just had his new agent call out management for being the source of the leaks. He wasn’t his agent until the fallout on draft day, and there were tons of rumors on a potential Pacioretty move before Walsh ever entered the picture.

What’s with the Habs lemmings who staunchly defend the buffoon who dealt a Norris Trophy candidate for the older and more expensive dman who is on the downside of his career?

I think you're confused - the relevant leaks were related to Pacioretty saying he wanted to leave, everyone already knew he was being considered in trades. They're two different issues.

It's Walsh that actually deepened the rift. You're demonstrating your bias by taking what he's saying at face value and not what the media is saying. None of us really KNOW what it is that happened between player, team, owner, management etc. but people hate Bergy so much anything said against them is immediately taken as fact. I'd rather not have players treated the way they are by the current management, and also the media, but Walsh is no angel in all of this.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Oh I’m familiar with Walsh, he had issues with Halak’s playing time in Montreal as well, but Walsh is also the type who doesn’t pull any punches and has no filter.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Oh I’m familiar with Walsh, he had issues with Halak’s playing time in Montreal as well, but Walsh is also the type who doesn’t pull any punches and has no filter.

Which is why protecting his client trump's being honest, it's effective but shitty for the habs as a franchise. It also doesn't help his client get any love from the fanbase, the captain of their team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
We just had his new agent call out management for being the source of the leaks. He wasn’t his agent until the fallout on draft day, and there were tons of rumors on a potential Pacioretty move before Walsh ever entered the picture.

What’s with the Habs lemmings who staunchly defend the buffoon who dealt a Norris Trophy candidate for the older and more expensive dman who is on the downside of his career?
Being a Habs fan myself I too have no idea how someone can stand behind Bergevin. Boggles the mind really.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Being a Habs fan myself I too have no idea how someone can stand behind Bergevin. Boggles the mind really.

I guess they also easily forget how much crap and B.S. that was said about Subban while he was with the Habs and on the way out.

Alas, the staunch homers will still blindly defend their actions.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Didn’t hear as many rumors about any of those names being traded a year before they hit the market. Just speculation on where they’ll sign.

I saw a lot of Tavares trade rumours, Tavares had to release a statement saying that he wouldn’t accept a trade.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I saw a lot of Tavares trade rumours, Tavares had to release a statement saying that he wouldn’t accept a trade.

Do you have links for any of this? I don't recall reading one solid bit of info from any credible source stating the Islanders were on the verge of trading Tavares, and I found no official statement released from Tavares stating he wouldn't accept a trade. The only official statement I read from him was when he signed with the Leafs.

Last edited:

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
I think you're confused - the relevant leaks were related to Pacioretty saying he wanted to leave, everyone already knew he was being considered in trades. They're two different issues.

It's Walsh that actually deepened the rift. You're demonstrating your bias by taking what he's saying at face value and not what the media is saying. None of us really KNOW what it is that happened between player, team, owner, management etc. but people hate Bergy so much anything said against them is immediately taken as fact. I'd rather not have players treated the way they are by the current management, and also the media, but Walsh is no angel in all of this.

If the Habs are selling stories to the press to say that Pacioretty demanded a trade, the agent has to make a stand in public. The Habs management get no benefit of the doubt from me. They’ve proven their incompetence time and time again with every star player we have.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
If the Habs are selling stories to the press to say that Pacioretty demanded a trade, the agent has to make a stand in public. The Habs management get no benefit of the doubt from me. They’ve proven their incompetence time and time again with every star player we have.

Good for you. Always fun to just believe shit knowing your bias is colouring your view.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
People need to consider the idea that everyone is lying and everyone is trying to paint themselves the victim.

When you consider that, you get a frustrated Pacioretty who did request a trade because Bergevin ran a potential contender into the ground, but also knows Montreal is his best chance at a huge extension. Any long term deal Max knows he outlives Marc in Montreal.

You have to consider that Walsh means he hasn't requested a trade since he became his agent, and that claiming there has been no negotiation is something Seguin and his agent is also saying. Are these teams not negotiating with stars on purpose or is this a way to put the team on the defence and force them to the table to hear the offer and snuff out the bad PR?

This is business.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
This is bad business.

agreed but it's the only kind Molson and Bergevin seem capable of

I for one am really looking forward once Max is traded to finding out how he was using an inefficient family plan on his phone coverage probably in a hot exclusive by Basu. Thats when I know Bergevin is back on top of his game again

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Do you believe the **** Habs management is spewing?

No, I try and remain objective, not take sides and decide what I want to believe. Habs management hasn't technically spewn anything, the media has. Walsh, in case you were wondering, was responding to what the media said happened.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
And Walsh accused Habs management as being the culprit behind the spreading of information to the media. Like I said before, this smear campaign happened before with this team when a player was on his way out.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Tavares had a partial ntc ,so he did not completely control his own fate. Was Montreal on his no trade list? I would appreciate a link from a credible source indicating he blocked a Habs/Isles trade.

Several NY press sources said Tavares told ownership and the front office not to trade him before the TDL.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
And Walsh accused Habs management as being the culprit behind the spreading of information to the media. Like I said before, this smear campaign happened before with this team when a player was on his way out.

Why not do that? Seems to have been extremely effective.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I am not taking sides . I have no horse in this race, but I have to think there is some frustration on the GM's part. He finds acceptable trades with LA and SJ ,only to have those trades fall apart because of extension talks

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I’m confused, TDL deals are usually teams pushing for the playoffs, why the hell would they go for Pacioretty who is notoriously absent come playoff time? There is a reason he’s called casperetty and vanisheretty. He has to hit the floor running for the season but when has he had a good first quarter of the season? He’s going to do the Tavares walk. I am so bored with the speculation just trade him already so we can look ahead

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
LA should still pursue if its still an option. Even with Kovalchuk on board, the LA offense still doesn't give me enough confidence.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
idk...it seems pointless. And if the deal was "that" close to happening, why did no insiders report it at the time? they are on everything at the draft.

Because most insiders don’t find out about most things until well after the fact?

The ones who do know at the time, often have relationships that are more important to them than a single story. So they can’t report anything at the time without burning those bridges that their future lively hood relies on.

And if nobody wants information out there, getting confirmation can be impossible even if you do have a scoop and are ready to burn some contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad