Podcast (Audio) After the Whistle

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The JP Dumont Episode is really good - good insight in the 05/06 cheapshow

Had the Pegulas the Team already the Team would have stayed together i would think
I'd been meaning to post this. It was a great episode - well worth a listen.

Regarding the Golisano era team - i think Drury would still have walked - but for sure the rest of those guys would have stayed together.

Then again - if it wasn't for Golisano - the team could well have been relocated/rebranded. People have short memories - particularly those who are overly critical of Pegula's ownership.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Andrew Peters is so disinterested in hockey. It has an interesting impact on their podcast.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
So whats their new Dahlin rumor?
What%20is%20Clickbait%20&%20How%20to%20Use%20it%20Correctly.jpg

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If I had to guess, it might be the Spittin Chiclets debate over Zegras and Drysdale for Dahlin idea that Whit threw out there and Biz dumped on.
Ok I thought it was about his contracr, not this nonsense ;-)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not sure, but I can report on the quality and quantity of beef stroganoff in orchard park.
Or maybe you could have mentioned the cool story he told literally seconds after, about meeting the kid with cancer back in his playing days, bumping into said kid's uncle in that restaurant, then giving the kid a call (now in his 20s)?

Peters/Rivet take WAY too much hate on this forum. It's completely unnecessary.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Or maybe you could have mentioned the cool story he told literally seconds after, about meeting the kid with cancer back in his playing days, bumping into said kid's uncle in that restaurant, then giving the kid a call (now in his 20s)?

Or maybe it was just a joke about him telling a story about his dinner and that's it. Not everyone is taking a side.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I used to dislike them until I really gave them a chance and listened to full episodes. Rivet cracks me up with how passionate he is, and how good of a broadcaster he is. You'll find yourself disagreeing with them a lot, but the fact that they have such a small amount of conviction in their stances makes it all very lighthearted.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If true, 4yrs at 11 mil is not reasonable. It doesn't jive with the Thompson and Cozens contracts, and it doesn't exactly scream "Captain" either. I will just hope/assume it's false info until proven otherwise.
Every time they report something from a team source, it's always much worse than the previous report. At this rate, it will be reported that he's going to arbitration by the time the season starts.

Are these the same sources, or a bunch of different ones? They don't say.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
TBH as far as Dahlin is concerned, i think/hope it's just a case of them generating discussion/click bait in a relatively quiet period.

Obviously the Matthews extension was bad news for anyone else in the league needing to resign an elite player - and i went to point that out at length when it happened.

But i don't see how you go from rumoured 8x10m at the start of the offseason to rumoured 4x11m now, without the player even hitting the ice. Particularly when you consider what his peers are earning. This coming from someone who has always been arguing the higher side when discussing Dahlin's value, compared to most other regulars here.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
TBH as far as Dahlin is concerned, i think/hope it's just a case of them generating discussion/click bait in a relatively quiet period.

Obviously the Matthews extension was bad news for anyone else in the league needing to resign an elite player - and i went to point that out at length when it happened.

But i don't see how you go from rumoured 8x10m at the start of the offseason to rumoured 4x11m now, without the player even hitting the ice. Particularly when you consider what his peers are earning. This coming from someone who has always been arguing the higher side when discussing Dahlin's value, compared to most other regulars here.
Both are rumors. We really don’t know where it started or where it is right now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad