Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

How many games are left in the Monsters' season? Wouldn't want to end up exposing him to Seattle...

EDIT: Looks like 13, including tonight. Hope they know what they're doing.

I am sure Jarmo is more than aware of the expansion draft rules and what he needs to do to protect his most promising prospects.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

How many games are left in the Monsters' season? Wouldn't want to end up exposing him to Seattle...

EDIT: Looks like 13, including tonight. Hope they know what they're doing.

You should consult this cool infographic some rando made:

Texier can play all 13, he's only 19 years old. A game in the AHL and a game in the SM-Liiga has the same implications.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
...I could have sworn he was 20.

If he was 20 he'd already be expansion eligible and it wouldn't matter how much he played in the AHL (He was under contract to the CBJ and playing pro in Finland).

You should take it up with the person who made the infographic, they know this stuff better than I do. :laugh:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Does anyone know for sure if Alexandre Texier is eligible to play in the AHL playoffs if they make it? I think he's a tricky case.

Previously seen on here from a couple posters that he was not eligible due to already having signed an SPC and not being a CHL junior player, so I was seeking clarification. I searched online and couldn't find anything definitive so far.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone know for sure if Alexandre Texier is eligible to play in the AHL playoffs if they make it? I think he's a tricky case.

Previously seen on here from a couple posters that he was not eligible due to already having signed an SPC and not being a CHL junior player, so I was seeking clarification. I searched online and couldn't find anything definitive so far.

He's 19, he can play as many AHL games as he wants, he's not going to trigger expansion elibility.

See this helpful diagram that Viqsi made:

expansiondraftqualifier-v3-png.195371

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
He's 19, he can play as many AHL games as he wants, he's not going to trigger expansion elibility.

See this helpful diagram that Viqsi made:
That's not what he's asking. Whether or not he's eligible for CC playoffs, since he wasn't on AHL roster at TDL.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
WasWerenski on the roster in 2016? I remember he joined real late in the year and he was eligible. I don't know if they set it up before the college season ended or not.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
That's not what he's asking. Whether or not he's eligible for CC playoffs, since he wasn't on AHL roster at TDL.

Correct! Misspoke a bit. Not greatly concerned about our player's expansion draft eligibility at this time. But, since Texier was previously signed to an ELC and on loan to Kalpa at the time of the NHL trade deadline, i'm confused as to whether he is eligible to play for Cleveland in the Calder Cup playoffs.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
WasWerenski on the roster in 2016? I remember he joined real late in the year and he was eligible. I don't know if they set it up before the college season ended or not.

Werenski was on the Lake Erie Monsters for the Calder Cup Playoffs in 2016, but he specifically signed an Amateur Try-out contract with the Lake Erie Monsters after his NCAA season ended, and his ELC started the following season with Columbus. Not sure if that was done more for the Expansion draft in 2017 though or for AHL Calder Cup Playoff eligibility

pled

Sep 7, 2009
woaw texier is destroying the ahl already didn't think he would do so good. also surprise the monster are back in playoff spot hope both team make it.

can someone update me on the state of the team. is prapavessis just scratched since his injury ? is thurkauf dead ? will gerbe, bittner be back for potential playoff ? what about milano?

is barach worth singing with the jackets ?

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Thurkauf skated in warmups sunday. He had a broken leg. No surgery, may play this year. Milanos hand was in a cast at tip a monster, gerbe had surgery and is probably done. He is at home. Broadhurst also in walking boot at tip a monster. Don't know about bittner or prapavessis.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Woaw Texier is destroying the AHL already. Didn't think he would do so good.
Slow down. I am as excited as anyone about Tex but...four games is four games. Robby started this season with 3 Goals and 5 Points in his first three AHL games and only added 9 more goals in his next forty-two. Tex should be way better than that but its still way too early!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad