Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Slow down. I am as excited as anyone about Tex but...four games is four games. Robby started this season with 3 Goals and 5 Points in his first three AHL games and only added 9 more goals in his next forty-two. Tex should be way better than that but its still way too early!
the whole team fell down anyway and robby even if not amazingly is still playing in the nhl. I know texier might end up the same but some prospect fall short even before trying in the ahl.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I'll post the lines from the past weekend's games on Wednesday afternoon.

Sorry for the delay, busy week for me. I write about minor league baseball and spring training is wrapping up.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
We kinda need to scoreboard watch the AHL games now. Monsters competing with Belleville Sens and Wilkes Barre Scranton Pens for the final playoff spot. Monsters barely on the inside right now. Wednesday games: Sens hosting our old AHL affiliate Syracuse Crunch and the Pens are hosting the P-Bruins.

Let's go Crunch and Bruins!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Playoffs are top 4 in each division. There is no cross over anymore in the AHL. What the Pens do, unless they're playing a North division team, is irrelevant.
2019 Calder Cup Playoff Primer | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League
Thanks. Good to know. So its pretty much us vs Belleville.

So Sens lead Monsters by two but we have two games in hand.

Sens have seven games left (5 Home and 2 Away) plus one H2H with Cleveland in Belleville
Schedule is hard once they play last place Hartford (8th) on Saturday. Syracuse (1st), Rochester (2nd), Toronto x 2 (3rd), Hershey (3rd in ATL) and Cleveland

Monsters have nine games left (5 Home and 4 Away)
Easier schedule than Sens: Laval (7th) x 2, Lehigh Valley x 2 (6th in ATL), Rochester (2nd), Charlotte (1st in ATL) x 2, Toronto (3rd) and Belleville.

Monsters certainly have their shot at the post-season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
hopefully thiessen, letestu, dalpe, cross and texier can keep up. Robinson would help too

can merzlikins join now that his season in lugano is over

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
kinda glad dalpe is staying long term with the monster. stability of top player is never a bad team and it's rare in ahl team.

also he got a hat trick tonight

Stenlund got his 14th of the season too which isn't bad for a first year guy even if he didn't live up to the hype.

Thiessen seem to hold up pretty good

Texier Letestu(A) Stenlund
Barach Dalpe(A) Sheerwood
Scott McInnis DeSalvo
Gallant Vigneault Thurkauf

Cross (A) Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Simpson Clendening

Thiessen
Kiv

Glad to see Thurkauf isn't dead and Stenlund on a top line.
Bittner would help on the second line even if Dalpe doesn't seem like he need help.
is Carlsson injured ? kinda sad to see him out he doesn't have the best season. did he, Prap or berube skate today ?

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
first gallant goal since november he and Nash are onto something

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Carlsson or Prap did not skate. If I had to guess both are injured as they haven't been seen in warmups. Gallants goal was legit. Really nice to see. Bench was losing it when he went for the high fives.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Carlsson or Prap did not skate. If I had to guess both are injured as they haven't been seen in warmups. Gallants goal was legit. Really nice to see. Bench was losing it when he went for the high fives.
same as Nash goal yesterday for the jackets always fun to seem them put it in

pled

Sep 7, 2009
why do they sub clendening for carlsson :\ it's not like he needs rest.
thurkauf out bittner in.
Thiessen looks like he's getting tired.

Texier Letestu(A) Stenlund
Barach Dalpe(A) Sheerwood
Scott McInnis DeSalvo
Gallant Vigneault Bittner

Cross(A) Cockerill
Somerby Collins
Carlsson Simpson

Thiessen
Kiv

Dalpe score again
Belleville are losing too so that's good

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Clendenning is in Nashville with Columbus. Monsters tied it but refs disallowed the goal. I am guessing goaltender interference but it was a weak call.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Clendenning is in Nashville with Columbus. Monsters tied it but refs disallowed the goal. I am guessing goaltender interference but it was a weak call.
oh I missed it he's probably there cause mcquaid never came back 2 days ago.
they tied again

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
lost in shootout lyon was pretty good

belleville won too so that's not good for the monsters

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Pled, thanks for getting the lines up. My job has become crazier recently and I have trouble finding the time to post lines.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reminds me when Atkinson first signed his ELC with us and went to Springfield and blew it up down there before making our team the next year. Not saying Texier makes the team next year, but I am glad to see he's playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad