Affiliates VIII: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Lines from Wednesday

Texier-Letestu-DeSalvo
Barach-Dalpe-Sherwood
Bittner-Scott-Stenlund
MacInnis-Vigneault-Thurkauf (game time decision over Gallant)
Scratches (other than Gallant): Koules, Korostelev
Injuries: Milano (close to returning), Broadhurst, Gerbe

Cross-Clendening
Somerby-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson
Scratches: Prapavessis, Cockerill

Thiessen
Kivlenieks
Injury: Berube

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
If we lose bread but keep Duchene the talent of a Tex/PLD/Cam and speed of a Dzingle/Dutch/Andy could be one hell of a top 6 following it up with Bremstrom/Wennberg/Bjorkstrand as an all out European carpet bomb of offense and then the intensity of Fligs/Jenner/Dubi would be an insane finish to that bottom 6.

Tex should make the team next year for sure. To f***ing good to ignore.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Question about Monsters attendance: according to the AHL website, the Monsters consistently draw 10K-16K per weekend home game and 5K per midweek home game. Those sound like really good numbers. I know they drew really well for that crazy playoff run a few years back (man that team was loaded).

How are those numbers calculated? Fans in seats? Tickets sold? How many tickets do they give away for games? Does this include Cavs luxury box season ticket holders...assume they are required to buy Monsters tix as well and how many tickets does that add up to each game?

Its been years since I have been in Cleveland with a free night on game night to go to a game. And the tix are a lot more expensive than when I used to go to Jacks and Barons games. I used to be able to walk up to the ticket window just before game time and get just about any seat in the house unless it was Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Night (back in the day when Taco Larry owned the Jacks).

Of course the Monsters are playing in an arena hat rivals the best arenas in the NHL and the new $200 Million renovations can only make it better.

Last edited:

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
If we lose bread but keep Duchene the talent of a Tex/PLD/Cam and speed of a Dzingle/Dutch/Andy could be one hell of a top 6 following it up with Bremstrom/Wennberg/Bjorkstrand as an all out European carpet bomb of offense and then the intensity of Fligs/Jenner/Dubi would be an insane finish to that bottom 6.

Tex should make the team next year for sure. To ****ing good to ignore.
Nah. The prospects have not proven anything.
Fourth line is trash (Duby/Nash) and Wennberg isn’t a good C anymore.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Nah. The prospects have not proven anything.
Fourth line is trash (Duby/Nash) and Wennberg isn’t a good C anymore.
Who would you want on a 4th if Dubi and Fligs arent good enough? They are probably the best 4th liners in the league for christ sakes. And give Wenny a chance he took his dog house time well and has played just fine since.coming back.

People that want skill players like Milano on the 4th line confuse the f*** out of me. You need a Dubi on the team and especially on the 4th.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Who would you want on a 4th if Dubi and Fligs arent good enough? They are probably the best 4th liners in the league for christ sakes. And give Wenny a chance he took his dog house time well and has played just fine since.coming back.

People that want skill players like Milano on the 4th line confuse the **** out of me. You need a Dubi on the team and especially on the 4th.
I submit as a counterexample Sam Gagner two years ago.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I submit as a counterexample Sam Gagner two years ago.
He was pure power play production dont you try and squeek that by me ma'am!!! Like Anderson on the 4th sure because he has that checking/energy play but can score 20 from there still probably but you dont want that there. 4th line is for your gritty players that can frustrate other teams and play D. Ideally they can chip in but not nessasarily.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
He was pure power play production dont you try and squeek that by me ma'am!!! Like Anderson on the 4th sure because he has that checking/energy play but can score 20 from there still probably but you dont want that there. 4th line is for your gritty players that can frustrate other teams and play D. Ideally they can chip in but not nessasarily.
He did pretty well 5-on-5 as well. Strictly defensive play, frustrated the other guys, occasionally put up a point or two. Nothing spectacular, except for the PP.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He did pretty well 5-on-5 as well. Strictly defensive play, frustrated the other guys, occasionally put up a point or two. Nothing spectacular, except for the PP.
So just to figure out where you lay at here... 4th line next year and Milano and Dubi are the last 2 people. First 3 lines all basically skill like I posted above. Wennberg for chemistry reasons plays 3rd line with Bjorkstrand leaving Jenner and Fligs on the 4th line. Our final 4th liner is Milano at his current production level and playstyle or Dubi at his current those?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Question about Monsters attendance: according to the AHL website, the Monsters consistently draw 10K-16K per weekend home game and 5K per midweek home game. Those sound like really good numbers. I know they drew really well for that crazy playoff run a few years back (man that team was loaded).

How are those numbers calculated? Fans in seats? Tickets sold? How many tickets do they give away for games? Does this include Cavs luxury box season ticket holders...assume they are required to buy Monsters tix as well and how many tickets does that add up to each game?

Its been years since I have been in Cleveland with a free night on game night to go to a game. And the tix are a lot more expensive than when I used to go to Jacks and Barons games. I used to be able to walk up to the ticket window just before game time and get just about any seat in the house unless it was Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Night (back in the day when Taco Larry owned the Jacks).

Of course the Monsters are playing in an arena hat rivals the best arenas in the NHL and the new $200 Million renovations can only make it better.

they always been in the top of the league since they are cbj affiliate. when they were col one it was a bit lower but honestly they just built up a fan base the playoff run didn't change it that much I think.

and attendance is by sold seat not by fan in seats thats the same for every sport.

also they have one of the biggest ahl arena there's other team that sold out most of their game and they can't beat Cleveland since they are bellow 10k seat

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I also hope that they send someone down to help if Texier stay. is Clendening and Robinson really needed in columbus if they don't play ? the monster are fighting for their spot. I know Merz doesn't want to play in Cleveland but will Peeke do ? he could replace Collins. Gavrikov would be a dream too if ska finish their season. Same for Foundy and TFW but I don't think their season will end before the ahl season does.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
According to our reps the season ticket base has grown since the championship. I noticed when they had seat relocatiin day there seemed to be less seats avaialable. They have started going to 2,4, and 6 year contracts for tickets. We went 2 years because being on the hook for 6 is a joke for sports teams. The upgrades are ok but are geared for casual fans. They upgraded the lounge but after being on my feet 8 hours a day and then having to stand to eat doesn't seem like an upgrade. Plus my girlfriend is short and can't reach the food because they felt putting the food up high is an upgrade. They added all this stuff to do but don't open the doors earlier so to take advantage of what they added you need to sacrifice watching the game, the reason we are really there for.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007

They announce tickets distributed. Comps are out there, but not at all like they were during the Lumberjack days. I'm not sure if suite holders are required to by Monsters' tickets, but the suites seem to be utilized about 60-70%. The STH base is much higher that it ever was during the Jacks, or the Barons for that matter. They built a professional staff and run it like a major league team. The Cavs and Monsters/Gladiators staff are two completely separate operations, but they do have some synergy. When San Jose was running the Barons, there was no staff or marketing to speak of. When they would announce 3000, there were usually less than 1000, sometimes closer to 500. They scorched the earth when they were here, so the Cavs organization had to build a staff from scratch, and that they did. They got out in the community and connected with the local rinks and teams, and built the season ticket base from there. SJ never did or attempted that. While they do a good job at getting groups, they rely on them less that many minor league teams, that's why their playoff attendance doesn't drop off 50-70% like many teams. But one little trick is that the season ticket holders do get the 1st round for free, but have to commit to any further rounds. In 2011, I didn't pay for playoff tickets (1st round loss), but in 2016 I did pay for rounds 2-4.

The arena is a mess right now. It will close again this summer. Huron road in front of the arena is down to 2 lanes because of the outside construction, a large glass facade which wraps around the front of the building. The concourses are partially obstructed in areas. I'll be glad when it's finally finished. This summer they are replacing the chillers and part of the floor, so the ice should be better.

Reactions: Viqsi

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Bittner replace Texier on first line and Gallant is in. Cockerill in for Cleveland too.

Bittner-Letestu(A)-DeSalvo
Barach-Dalpe(A)-Sherwood
Scott-MacInnis-Stenlund
Gallant-Vigneault-Thurkauf

Cross-Cockerill
Somerby-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson

Thiessen
Kivlenieks

Belleville lost so it gives the monsters two game in hand with 1 point advantage and can make it 3 tonight.

Barach and Dalpe score again 2-2 after 2

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Barach cannot stop scoring, he's so tiny though.
he's worth a camp invite for sure idk about a contract right away

He scored a second to win the game. 3 point over Belleville and 1 game in hand look good for both team.
I do hope they let Texier and Clendening play with the monster to make sure they get into the playoff but probably torts want more time with texier :\

btw they play Belleville tomorrow they could secure a 5 point lead over them with a win.
would only need 1 point or belleville losing one more to secure the playoff

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
When I saw they were down 2-0, I thought "Oh great, subtract Texier and they suck again."

Keep it going!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Barach-Letestu(A)-DeSalvo
MacInnis-Dalpe(A)-Sherwood
Gallant-Scott-Bittner
Thurkauf-Vigneault-Stenlund

Cross-Cockerill
Somerby-Collins
Carlsson-Simpson

Thiessen
Kivlenieks

losing 2-0 after 1 against the playoff rival. Abramov score the first he's 8 in 16 with the senators

Dalpe, again, reduce the gap.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
VA for Belleville with the first goal against us tonight. His number are up slightly from his time in Cleveland but still not lighting the league on fire yet. Gotta think he will be back in Belleville to begin next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad