AFCON 2024; 13 January – 11 February 2024

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Looking forward to this one. Nice to have some background noise during the work day ;)

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
1704809957463.png

CAF Investigates Gabon Player Born In 1990 But His Mother Died In 1985

Attachments

• 1704809958771.png
    1704809958771.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Well he's still red star belgrade's best player and a champions league player at (real) 37+ which is quite impressive

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Boniface misses the tournament because of injury. Nigeria has been underachieving for some years now, and the odds are it will continue in this tournament too.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Senegal's stars are now older and no longer playing in top leagues, so they might not be what they were in the last tournament. And Sadio Mane might have other things in his mind, having just now married his long-time 16-year old girlfriend.

Maybe Morocco can win after their WC-success, and hosts Ivory Coast have to be considered amongst favourites.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Any new algerian player we have to look for?
Fares Chaibi. 20 years old

Toulouse product (won the French Cup last season), now playing really well for Eintracht in Buli

Super talent, can play both MF or LW roles

Has been incredibly consistent with the NT, even in his first game with us he looked like he has been with the team forever

He has also adjusted quickly to African football (terrible pitches heat, etc).

I'm a huge fan.

----------------------------------------

Also the GK, Mandrea, he has impressed me so far

We will need him because our central defense is the football equivalent of Dr Jekyll and Mt Hyde

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Fares Chaibi

Toulouse product, now playing really well for Eintracht in Buli

Super talent, can play both MF or LW roles

Has been incredibly consistent with the NT, even in his first game with us he looked like he has been with the team forever

He has also adjusted quickly to African football (terrible pitches heat, etc).

I'm a huge fan
Yep nice player. Of course people thinking L1 sucks because PSG is the only team with quality won't know that :sarcasm:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Yep nice player. Of course people thinking L1 sucks because PSG is the only team with quality won't know that :sarcasm:
L1 teams in general can't keep their talents because they don't have money compared to other Euro clubs, that's why PSG wins the ttle almost - almost -every year

But yeah a bunch of french clubs have great academies

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Didn't expect seeing Aouar and Gouiri to be playing for Algeria instead of France when they were younger.

Interesting to watch them in the tournament, though.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Didn't expect seeing Aouar and Gouiri to be playing for Algeria instead of France when they were younger.

Interesting to watch them in the tournament, though.
Meh
Flip floppers
Boggles my mind as we have better talents locally but Belmadi is too stupid to see it

At least Aouar has done some some good things with the NT in the last few games, Gouiri has been ass

Unrelated but WTF

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Never claimed Ligue 1 was bad. They have the best young players in all Europe but they also have to constantly sell their young players to remain afloat financially the problem is the disparity from PSG to the rest. PSG wage bill is higher than the next 8 highest paid L1 clubs COMBINED.

No other league has that, not Serie A, not bundesliga, not la liga and not the EPL.

Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Never claimed Ligue 1 was bad. They have the best young players in all Europe but they also have to constantly sell their young players to remain afloat financially the problem is the disparity from PSG to the rest. PSG wage bill is higher than the next 8 highest paid L1 clubs COMBINED.

No other league has that, not Serie A, not bundesliga, not la liga and not the EPL.
Also, having young talent doesn't mean a league is good.

Which is why, relevant to this message board, I don't regularly watch the CHL

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

If you think L1 only has young talent you need to watch. I wouldn't even say more I would say discover. Because watching PSG only is not making you an expert. Quite the contrary.

Also, having young talent doesn't mean a league is good.

Which is why, relevant to this message board, I don't regularly watch the CHL
Paqueta is young for instance? CHL equivalent?
Just asking.
Because the comparison is so hilariously bad it's funny. Then again...

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This thread is all over the place. Fake birth dates, DR Congo a team? Mane with a 16 year old girlfriend..

For the record, I really enjoy Ligue 1, often frantic, crazy action. I don't see as much with it on FUBO... even though I have an account. It was always easier to PVR matches when I had BEIN on my regular TV. Now it's out of sight out of mind.

Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad