Buffalo Bills AFC Wild Card - Bills to Host Dolphins, January 15th, 1:00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Remember that Oliver’s cap space for next year is already allocated via the option. Extending him beyond that will probably actually save money on next years cap by turning option money into bonus money.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Maybe, but I doubt it. His 10 mill cap hit is probably best scenario. His market value according to Spotrac is ~14-15 million. We can defer money, but they have a lot of those contracts now.

Don't forget, the bills are 11 million over the projected cap already without any obvious cap casualties that could save a boat load of money.

I guess this is where we'll find out how much of a wizard Beane really is with the cap.

One thing is clear, the idea of the bills signing OBJ is an absolute pipe dream. They simply can't afford it.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We don't talk about this kid that much because he's *only* the kicker, but Bass is making his claim as an elite kicker this year. I hope we can keep him!

Reactions: kirby11

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, I've taken a few minutes to look at the Lions wins.

Basically, the keys are pretty simple:

- Get to Goff
- Don't turn the ball over.

That's really it. In their last 3 wins they've gotten 6 interceptions, including a pick six late vs the Bears in a one score game. Their secondary is really really bad. They have a good d-line....and they are missing one of their top corners. Hutchinson is a stud. But oh boy is their secondary bad. They also struggled mightily against Fields scrambling.

I feel much better about the game now. Hopefully we can get up early and hand a healthy dose of running game in the 2nd half.

Reactions: Sansbacon

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport

- Get to Goff

That's really it. In their last 3 wins they've gotten 6 interceptions, including a pick six late vs the Bears in a one score game. Their secondary is really really bad. They have a good d-line....and they are missing one of their top corners. Hutchinson is a stud. But oh boy is their secondary bad. They also struggled mightily against Fields scrambling.

I feel much better about the game now. Hopefully we can get up early and hand a healthy dose of running game in the 2nd half.
Yeah they’ve been playing better but I agree. I haven’t seen much of Hutchinson so far this year aside from highlights but I was really impressed with him in college last year.

I’m hoping for a big Bills win tomorrow and a big U of M win on Saturday but that is a taller older especially if Corum is out.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Yeah they’ve been playing better but I agree. I haven’t seen much of Hutchinson so far this year aside from highlights but I was really impressed with him in college last year.

He's not to the point where he's an every-play disaster-in-waiting like Garrett or a Bosa, but he's gonna get there soon.

Still could ruin things if his timing is right though.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

- Get to Goff

Lions are a good team that play hard, Williams leads the nfl in rb TD's so another tough running game test. They will without Okuda at corner.

Reactions: Onry

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Lions are a good team that play hard, Williams leads the nfl in rb TD's so another tough running game test. They will without Okuda at corner.
They've generally been able to move the ball pretty well, even with Goff's limitations, but it looks like both of their starting guards will be out. Hopefully Ed, Phillips, and Jones feast and force Goff to try and make plays out of structure.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
THIS is what we're missing (among other things) when Edmunds is out. Put some respect on my man's name. Really hoping they re-sign him:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Sorry, it was Joe B he told:

“I’ll be at center,” starting right guard Ryan Bates said Tuesday, only if Morse couldn’t play. That would likely mean one of Van Roten or Bobby Hart would be the starting right guard, with Van Roten probably having the edge because of how much they like using Hart as a sixth offensive lineman on some snaps to help the running game. Bates has been playing incredibly well as of late and has more experience at center than Van Roten, both in general and with Allen as the quarterback.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Last minute game winning punt return in a game with zero offense to speak of is hard to compete against.
I get it. And I'm sure Milano making the AFC Defensive Player of the Week figured into the decision as well.

But going a perfect 6/6, matching a franchise record, and accounting for 61% of the team's total production in a win... that's not exactly an every day occurrence in the NFL.

Regardless, it's great that Milano finally got a little love for his play.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I get it. And I'm sure Milano making the AFC Defensive Player of the Week figured into the decision as well.

But going a perfect 6/6, matching a franchise record, and accounting for 61% of the team's total production in a win... that's not exactly an every day occurrence in the NFL.
A punt return to win the game with 5 seconds left in the game is an even more rare occurrence than what Bass did.

That PR earned the STPOW, no question.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006

Bass will get his sooner or later. He's only in his 3rd year, and he already shared the franchise record he tied Sunday with Steve Christie. Eventually he'll break it.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Groundhog Day, Not Turkey Day
1669299532931.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad