Proposal: LAK-NYI: Sorokin for PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Trading for a potential star who is paid as a star and will be for the next seven years (with a nmc at present), whose output is mediocre and motivation has been questionable looks like a good way for a GM to develop migraines and get fired. Sorokin had a down season but imo it wasn't as bad as just a look at his GAA would make it appear and it is imo relevant that only one of these players has spent his career with one team without, so far as I'm aware, requesting a trade.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
The difference between Sorokin & PLD is ASStronomical

Sorokin won the game today for the Isles

PLD on the other hand...

Reactions: HabsAddict

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I always wonder if people are serious when making a thread like this.

Like YOU really believe sorokins value is as low as PLDs (arguably worst or 2nd worst value contract in the league atm)?

Sorokin was still an above average starter this season. PLD is making 8.5m the next 7 years and just played the year on the 4th line.
Sorokin has been replaced by Varlamov quite a bit, not sure he is solidly entrenched.
I see the Islanders with an expensive backup goalie, they could use another top 6 forward, who is to say PLD doesnt do better in a different setup, he has before.

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol. Pierre Luc Dubois is hardly a 3rd line forward these days. He is SO bad given that contract.

Sorokin had a bad season and yet, his underlying numbers were still shockingly decent.

The Kings would need to attach multiple 1sts to Dubois for this to happen.

People don't realize Varlamov is starting because Roy has an insane trust in him back to his Colorado days. He is still new-ish to the team and is falling back on his trustworthy former starter. Next season Sorokin will be back in the starter spot.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Green

Nov 13, 2019
as an Islander fan I would rather have some picks and prospects for Sorokin, Islanders have to have a complete rebuild and I think a guy who is 26 is to old

*of course there is no chance the Islanders are going to trade Sorokin or have a re-build instead they are going to accept being a below average team for the next 4 years until they are forced to re-build, but a re-build is absolutely necessary before their assets are worthless

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Sorokin is 28, coming off a bad year after two Vezina-worthy seasons, and the Isles should not only trade him when his value is his lowest, but for a player who's on a ginormous contract and has looked awful for a while?

Worst trade proposal in a while.

NYI laugh at LA then hang up. It’s not even close. Nobody is taking the craptastic PLD.
You gotta wonder if he's even giveawayable right now.

Reactions: go4hockey

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
As a neutral fan I think Islanders block LA's number in a heartbeat. Sorokin has had a below average season but he will almost certainly bounce back to being a top 5 goalie in the league. NYI needs another star player not another 2nd line center

Yeah. Goalies have down seasons sometimes. But i have zero doubt that Sorokin is still entirely capable of being the guy who was very recently looked at as among the few "elite" netminders in the league. He'll bounce back and they need that version of him, badly. Varlamov is ancient.

An inconsistent, often flakey Top-6 Center like Dubois is not what the Isles are really missing anyway.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah. Goalies have down seasons sometimes. But i have zero doubt that Sorokin is still entirely capable of being the guy who was very recently looked at as among the few "elite" netminders in the league. He'll bounce back and they need that version of him, badly. Varlamov is ancient.

An inconsistent, often flakey Top-6 Center like Dubois is not what the Isles are really missing anyway.

hey this is bullshit

Dubois is not top six

Reactions: biturbo19

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Islanders are getting ripped off. PLD is the new drouin I'm sorry to say. Sorokin had one bad year but he's still a great goalie. He should bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad