GDT: AFC Wild Card 8:15 PM - Tennessee at PATRIOTS - The Last Hurrah?? - CBS, CTV, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
He could have tried harder and offered more money. His refusal to invest money in skill positions is showing and he can't draft WR for crap.

Except he did offer more money to Humphries, but Humphries didn't want to break the verbal commitment, and considering the year he had, it was a good thing they didn't sign him.

I believe Amendola wasn't interested in coming back, for whatever reason. He had 60% of his production in 4 games, and was a non-factor in the other 13.

They went after Jared Cook too, but he was concerned about Gronk's status, so he signed with the Saints instead.

They signed AB when everyone thought he was a team cancer, and even chose not to cut him after finding out he was getting sued for sexual assault. It took him threatening an accuser for them to cut him.

Sanu was supposed to be the perfect fit and someone they've been after for years. He was great in his second game, but then he got hurt and has been terrible since.

They tried plenty of things. It just didn't work out.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Other thought: If the Texans get beat again at home in the playoffs, they might fire Bill O'Brien. And if McDaniels gets the Cleveland job, we'll have an opening at offensive coordinator and need someone who Brady will trust...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We made it................... back to work

81285283_10219628295310654_272072700594225152_n.jpg

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The butterflies are flying in my belly. I am so f***ing scared.

Reactions: Alicat

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Part of me feels its the end but watching that Brady video im not so sure. Think he gives them one more year. Hopefully they can get OBJ and a TE upgrade next year. Seriously dont see them going far this year. Titans are hard. Chiefs and Ravens are also hard. I actually like the titans too. Old pals Vrabel, Butler and Ryan.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Really it comes down to Antonio Brown being a dumbass and sending that text. Pretty much everything comes down to that. What a dumbass

I don't know. Feels like he probably would have ended up on that commissioner's exempt list sooner or later.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
A few Pats fans called into NY radio today saying this is the end....I kind of think that's nuts...Pats by 10....then they dismantle the Chiefs...not sure about the Ravens but maybe Buffalo beats them....if they get to the bowl I think the Niners or Saints could beat them.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't know. Feels like he probably would have ended up on that commissioner's exempt list sooner or later.

If by that you mean that AB would inevitably do something dumb and get himself suspended because that's just the kind of crazy person he is, maybe. But if you mean specifically for the two accusations that he was facing at the time he sent those texts, I don't think he'd have faced discipline for them. Neither of the cases has made any headway since then, predictably enough.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
A few Pats fans called into NY radio today saying this is the end....I kind of think that's nuts...Pats by 10....then they dismantle the Chiefs...not sure about the Ravens but maybe Buffalo beats them....if they get to the bowl I think the Niners or Saints could beat them.
That's basically how I'm remaining sane this week.

If we follow up last week's effort by not coming out and crushing them and lose at home two weeks in a row, something is massively wrong. I feel like this will be like last year's Chargers game and we shut up some critics. And honestly, not worried about KC. They're not the team they were last year, their defense isn't impressive, and despite our flaws they only beat us this year (and barely) because of crooked refs. Considering Andy Reid's track record at home in the playoffs, I can see us going into Arrowhead and winning.

As you said, Baltimore's the scary one, but if the Bills knock them off...who knows.

Alas, we have to take care of business today

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
My only issue with that ruling is how they use replay to overturn the call on the field. It's fine if on the field they consider it a dead play because the runner gave himself up, but to call it a TD and then try to determine via replay that he surrendered himself?

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's weird, I'm surprisingly calm for this game, despite the fact that I don't remotely feel good about it. Feels like the Titans should win because they're such a terrible match-up for the Patriots. I can easily see them running all over the Patriots' D, and controlling the clock for 40 minutes.

On the other side, it seems unfathomable that Ryan Tannehil could come into Foxboro and win a playoff game. This team has had too much playoff success to go one and done.

I think we'll know fairly quickly how the game's going to go. It will be obvious whether Brady and the offense came to play or if the defense will be able to stop Derrick Henry.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I am so sick of the Bradys Last Game?! narrative.

The angle is brutal. I don’t see him going anywhere but even if he does I’m nervous enough for the actual game that I want to poop my pants.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

No Jason McCourty. Feels like the defense has struggled more without him.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I am also oddly calm. It's weird, like I've used this season to come to terms with everything we've witnessed the last 20 years. I think it really hit me when we didn't get the bye and it would have been the 8th or 9th year in a row we had a bye in the playoffs. How many other teams have even made the playoffs that many times in a row? So now I'm just here for the ride, less invested in having to win it all this year. It's odd; I'm normally the guy that paces a path in the rug and wakes up the neighbors yelling at my TV.

I am still holding out hope Brady wants to come back for one more year too so, against all current wisdom, I don't think this is his last year here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad