GDT: AFC Wild Card 8:15 PM - Tennessee at PATRIOTS - The Last Hurrah?? - CBS, CTV, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As far as Boston teams in other sports are concerned this forum is also home turf for the Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots. While we understand that many Bruins fans are not fans of the other local teams the same guidelines apply. Attacking Patriots, RedSox, Celtics fans will be considered the same as attacking Bruins fans.

WrUFWFPqW2rVeWUzaJQ-RscbLkC0gDDi87vNBKRD89w.jpg

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) - Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - Watch Games
TITANS: Roster - Depth Chart - Stats - Roster Flip Card (PDF)

The New England Patriots finished as the third seed in the AFC Playoff Field following a 12-4 finish in the 2019 regular season. New England has now qualified for the playoffs for the 27th time in franchise history (21 under Robert Kraft), the 17th time under head coach Bill Belichick and for the 11th consecutive season overall. The Patriots will host the Tennessee Titans in the first round of the playoffs. It will mark the fourth time the two teams have met in the postseason and the first postseason meeting since New England beat Tennessee, 35-14, in an AFC Divisional Playoff game at Gillette Stadium on Jan. 13, 2018.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Sentimentality and the reality that we very well could be seeing the end of an era has set in for me.

I’ve accepted it.

As for the game itself, I’m not taking the Titans lightly. This could very well be a rock fight.

Vrabel ain’t intimated, and Tennessee can pound it. Add in poor weather conditions and the script is set for the Titans to control time of possession, tire the Pats’ defense out and keep their offense off the field.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’ll start accepting things when there is 0 on the clock and we are behind

pats by 21, LETS RIDEEEEEE

Reactions: BrainOfJ

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Brady might have slipping physically and have a bad elbow but if anyone thinks he has lost any competitive fire and is not 100% committed they are crazy.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think Pats win today cause Brady loves short passes and Titan 's are horrible at defending that.Close game though i Bet.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And on the first day of the playoffs the pats cheating story is at the top of the espn page, like clockwork

apparently we will be punished

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don’t even think he’s physically slipping, I think he’s making ****ty decisions because he doesn’t trust his receivers or the line

The physical tools are all still there.

I agree with this, though I think it's more than just due to not trusting the receivers or OLine. He's had a sort of mental block this year outside of that. I don't know if it's the contract, something family related, or anything else, but he just seems to be out of it more this year.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I agree with this, though I think it's more than just due to not trusting the receivers or OLine. He's had a sort of mental block this year outside of that. I don't know if it's the contract, something family related, or anything else, but he just seems to be out of it more this year.
Yep, both you guys are right.

Brady has been making uncharacteristically bad decisions this year. A lot of it is written off as being because he doesn't trust his WRs or he's under pressure from the O-line, but something seems off with him. He's not 2015 Peyton Manning lobbing up passes with his noodle arm. Brady's accuracy isn't as good as previous years, but I think it's due to him trying to protect the ball from his garbage WRs letting a CB jump them and pick it. When he misses throws, they're usually low and/or short.

I just hope we get the Tom who diced through Buffalo two weeks ago today and not the one who floated that terrible pick-six to Miami last week.

Reactions: Scruffy

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
I don’t even think he’s physically slipping, I think he’s making ****ty decisions because he doesn’t trust his receivers or the line

The physical tools are all still there.

Hard to trust guys who drop so many passes that kill drives

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Hard to trust guys who drop so many passes that kill drives

Dropping passes is only part of it. And even then that's mostly just Sanu.

The bigger problem is guys who either break off their routes or can't fight for contested balls. Both of them run the risk of an otherwise good pass being intercepted, which pisses Brady off because it makes him look bad. There were a few times where I thought he was going to kill Jakobi Meyers for breaking the wrong way on his routes, and Dorsett can't seem to box out defensive backs. Even Harry was at fault at one of the picks a few weeks ago where he let the CB out-jostle him.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Dropping passes is only part of it. And even then that's mostly just Sanu.

The bigger problem is guys who either break off their routes or can't fight for contested balls. Both of them run the risk of an otherwise good pass being intercepted, which pisses Brady off because it makes him look bad. There were a few times where I thought he was going to kill Jakobi Meyers for breaking the wrong way on his routes, and Dorsett can't seem to box out defensive backs. Even Harry was at fault at one of the picks a few weeks ago where he let the CB out-jostle him.

Yep and it's on bill got not getting a reliable receiver after letting Hogan go and not getting amendola back.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Yep and it's on bill got not getting a reliable receiver after letting Hogan go and not getting amendola back.
Tried to get Amendola back, and he decided to go to Detroit.

Tried to get Humphries, for more money, and he decided to go to Tennessee.

Drafted a WR in the first round, who unfortunately got hurt in camp.

Traded for Sanu, who...just hasn't been the player they thought he'd be.

Let's not act like they didn't try to get WR help, just hasn't worked out

Reactions: McGarnagle

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Tried to get Amendola back, and he decided to go to Detroit.

Tried to get Humphries, for more money, and he decided to go to Tennessee.

Drafted a WR in the first round, who unfortunately got hurt in camp.

Traded for Sanu, who...just hasn't been the player they thought he'd be.

Let's not act like they didn't try to get WR help, just hasn't worked out
He could have tried harder and offered more money. His refusal to invest money in skill positions is showing and he can't draft WR for crap.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

In retrospect, yes, obviously. But I'm starting to think that really what happened was that Bill took two big gambles (Gordon and Brown) and both ended up failing.

Josh Gordon was okay earlier in the season but even before that ugly knee injury against the Giants you could tell he wasn't his old self. And clearly there were red flags leading up to his release considering what happened to him in Seattle when he got put back in the program.

AB was the thing that really hurt this offense. It's not just that they took a flyer on a guy and he didn't work, but when they acquired him, they made room by trading away Demaryius Thomas. Then 9 days later after the whole text message fiasco AB gets released and we're down two vet receivers. I don't think DT would've been an all-pro or anything, but as a vet with a big body I think at worst he would've been an alright tertiary target and a mentor for Harry. I just don't know why we kept Meyers over him.

Edit: I guess you could add Sanu to the list. He was a guy who looked like he'd be effective in this offense because he was a possession WR who could block...and he's done nothing but drop balls and whiff on blocks here. In fairness, he sprained his ankle in his first or second game here, so another gamble that we just got unlucky on.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Also, it's laughable that no one is question Watt coming back from a torn pec in 8 weeks, not the 4-5 months line was projected.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Also, it's laughable that no one is question Watt coming back from a torn pec in 8 weeks, not the 4-5 months line was projected.
He's definitely on steroids but made the NFL look good when he raised money for Houston after the hurricane so you know they're looking the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->