NFL GDT: AFC Championship Game: (1) Denver Broncos vs (2) New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Straight up 30 days this time sound good, regardless of score or margin of victory?

And IIRC, isn't the 45 days from our original bet up... you must really love that avy :sarcasm:

30 days, fine by me.

Hahaha, yeahz the 45 days ended on Friday. I.mainly use mobile to come to HF so I didn't think to.change back.to my regular avy.

I won't even be able to watch the game though, I will be on a.plane back from.Pittsburgh. My fellow.Pats fan will be happy no to have to deal with my negativity in the GDT :laugh:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Should be a great game.

I do think thst a lot of you are severly underestimating the Pat. Do people forget that the Patriots went into Denver without Edelman and Collins, and having Amendola, Gronk, and Hightower all get hurt.

Yet they still should've won the game if it wasn't for Harper muffing a punt and the defense finally unable to stop the run without Hightower in there.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Should be a great game.

I do think thst a lot of you are severly underestimating the Pat. Do people forget that the Patriots went into Denver without Edelman and Collins, and having Amendola, Gronk, and Hightower all get hurt.

Yet they still should've won the game if it wasn't for Harper muffing a punt and the defense finally unable to stop the run without Hightower in there.

True. But noodle arm was out!!!

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
30 days, fine by me.

Hahaha, yeahz the 45 days ended on Friday. I.mainly use mobile to come to HF so I didn't think to.change back.to my regular avy.

I won't even be able to watch the game though, I will be on a.plane back from.Pittsburgh. My fellow.Pats fan will be happy no to have to deal with my negativity in the GDT :laugh:

Now who will I respectfully rib if the Broncos somehow find a way to play a decent football game and don't roll over to the Pats?! :rant:

Cancel your flight. AFC Championship is more important than anything else lol. Man, that's gonna suck though, I'd be a nervous wreck if I were you... probably won't be as stressful as actually watching it though still :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Now who will I respectfully rib if the Broncos somehow find a way to play a decent football game and don't roll over to the Pats?! :rant:

Cancel your flight. AFC Championship is more important than anything else lol. Man, that's gonna suck though, I'd be a nervous wreck if I were you... probably won't be as stressful as actually watching it though still :laugh:

I'll be calmer not being able to follow it :laugh:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Broncos should be favoured.

They ran on us at will last time and their defense can keep us under 20. If Manning plays.like he did.today (which means he doesn't make.mistakes), they should beat us.

I don't trust our run D at all. I am so ****ing pissed we didn't get HFA. At home,.we would have destroyed them :cry:

That being said, I badly want TB12 to send Manning to the retirement home.

They only ran on us when Hightower went out. They were under 3 a carry before then on like 12 attempts.

bWo*

If Collins, Hightower and Jones are all healthy, we should do better against the run, that's for sure.

We have a good secondary, but we will need to put pressure on Manning and force him to make mistakes.

We have to get him to force it over the top

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
If this was in Foxboro I'd say hands down Patriots

Denver might win this game being at home. I'll be rooting for Denver but being realistic.

I do think the "let's get Peyton to the SB" motivation could help. But then again if he's been a bad apple to the team because he got benched maybe there's no love there. Tough to tell how the team feels about him truly.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
glad we get to see one last brady-manning matchup

hoping the broncos pull off the win

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I remember from the last game, Anderson had like 2.5 YPC with Hightower in and 8 without him in.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
But then again if he's been a bad apple to the team because he got benched maybe there's no love there.

That's not who Peyton is. Not as a person. Not as a teammate. Not as a friend.

Tough to tell how the team feels about him truly.

It really isn't. His teammates throughout his career, and during his time in Denver, have had nothing but good things to say about him. And by all accounts, he's handled this season like a consummate professional.

Not sure where this is coming from.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
So the Patriots are an insane 3-16 in Denver since 1970. That includes 3 playoff losses.

Their 3 wins?

One in 2000, when the QB matchup was Griese v Bledsoe.

2003, (Danny Kanell for Denver, seriously?) the infamous intentional safety game.

And 2011. With Tebow on the other side.

THAT'S why I'm nervous as hell. The Patriots suck in Denver.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This ignorant narrative is getting tiring.

Its not really ignorant. Its all about him. He's been injured for awhile now. Numbness in the fingers and what not. He hasn't performed on any big stage and he's still out there because for whatever reason he has to have every god damn record next to his name. I don't think anyone would argue at this point that Denver is so much better off with him than they are with Brock Osweiler. That tells you when its time to hang it up.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So the Patriots are an insane 3-16 in Denver since 1970. That includes 3 playoff losses.

Their 3 wins?

One in 2000, when the QB matchup was Griese v Bledsoe.

2003, (Danny Kanell for Denver, seriously?) the infamous intentional safety game.

And 2011. With Tebow on the other side.

THAT'S why I'm nervous as hell. The Patriots suck in Denver.

To be fair the Patriots before the Brady and Bellichick era were mostly a dumpster fire franchise outside of like 1985 and 19996. Its not like they always went to Denver with good teams. Yeah they lost in 2013 but I think this Patriots team is better and this Denver team isn't as good(especially with the QB) his play has definitely dropped since then.

Danny Kannel lasted that long?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad