NFL GDT: AFC Championship Game: (1) Denver Broncos vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
no, it was also the "Clash of the Taintans"

which is just brutally forced, but that's neither here nor there

brady33.jpg

I expect the Post to do something tasteful like photoshop Brady into the Rodney King footage today.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
brady33.jpg

I expect the Post to do something tasteful like photoshop Brady into the Rodney King footage today.

:laugh:

that wouldn't fly so well in 2016

("Clash of the Taintans" was a cover, but I also realize the Crybrady stuff from this week was a thing too. I care much less about that, that is standard playoff week stuff. I do care when people start smearing his accomplishments and calling them tainted based on their own ignorance and jealousy though, that's just not right)

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Hey, I'm happy today.

Like they always say, if you can get to Brady and knock him around and dirty him up a bit, you can win. Mission accomplished.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
It was "Pummel The Pretty Boy" yesterday. I expect that will be more the tenor next year.

You realize that's been the tenor his entire career (and for any QB). Way to revolutionize the sport with your innovative thinking Hasbro.

Amazing he's ever been able to win a game after the 2007 SB when the Giants put out the blueprint on how to beat him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
You realize that's been the tenor his entire career (and for any QB). Way to revolutionize the sport with your innovative thinking Hasbro.

Usually more so with inexperienced QBs to see if they get rattled.

I the long long ago era before 2002 Jim Everett was notorious for hating contact.

What it'll mean for Brady next year is potential opponents loading up on pass rushers, risking more blitzes and the acceptance of getting burned and the occasional flag get him off the game. Simply DCs will be turning the knob to 11 on him.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Probably the last good game of the playoffs. I don't expect the Super Bowl to be a very close game unless Newton is uncharacteristically bad with a few turnovers deep in Panthers territory.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011

I the long long ago era before 2002 Jim Everett was notorious for hating contact.

What it'll mean for Brady next year is potential opponents loading up on pass rushers, risking more blitzes and the acceptance of getting burned and the occasional flag get him off the game. Simply DCs will be turning the knob to 11 on him.

Good luck with that. Been hearing he same thing for a decade. Eventually you will be right though, so keep regurgitating the same garbage.

Or the Patriots could upgrade the line a bit lol

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This Cry Brady stuff is cool and all but at the end of the day hes got 4 rings including one last year so I dont think he cares too much. Still the GOAT.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think we found some common ground on McDaniels and Patricia. I've been praying that Patricia will be the successor for a couple of years now.

I think McDaniels is basically an OK OC that has had a lot of talent to work with. He gets way too cute way too often and I have never seen somebody so in love with running the ball with mediocre backs on 2nd and 10. He has already proven he probably can't be "the guy" as you painfully experienced (sry, hopefully I'm not next). He's gonna get another chance in this league due to his youthfulness alone, I just hope it's not with the Pats. Plus Patricia is basically a less surly BB personality wise, very calculating and calm. Sharp guy (think he has a degree in aeronautical engineering or something crazy like that). McDaniels resume is basically "friends with Tom Brady".
[/QUOTE]

Know who else sucked during their first try at being a HC? Bill Belichick. Among countless others.They call it a learning curve and at 33 years old, he was in for a big one considering he'd been sheltered under BB for his coaching career and at the time, was the youngest ever.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Brady shreds teams when they blitz him and nobody else has two HOF pass rushers like the Broncos do. I'm not too worried about it tbh. The key is to get pressure rushing 3 or 4, if you can't do that you probably aren't going to win. Both Super Bowl losses to the Giants, the losses to the Jets in the playoffs, this loss- all a result of the other defense generating easy pressure. The Jets really may have been the only team throwing something unique out there too- the others just let their beasts pin their ears back and go

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Reason the Broncos had the success to the degree they did was because they also have two incredible interior pass rushers as well in Wolfe and Malik, combined with the best secondary in the league that locked down Edelman and Amendola forcing Brady to hold the ball that extra half second to second longer. It was imperative all day long.

Basically a perfect storm where this defense summoned up an all time great performance that will go down in the annals of history. What was the Patriots 3rd down conversion rate? 2 for 15 or something... that's ridiculous.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agreed Ser Woof, I think something that has been under-discussed was the play of Harris and how effective he was, even when dealing with his injury. Without Harris I don't think Denver wins, but he gutted it out and was more than good. Not many teams can stick with Edelman and Amendola so well right off the snap- none that I can think of really. Before yesterday I don't think the Pats had lost with Edelman in the lineup since 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad