NFL GDT: AFC Championship Game: (1) Denver Broncos vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Agreed Ser Woof, I think something that has been under-discussed was the play of Harris and how effective he was, even when dealing with his injury. Without Harris I don't think Denver wins, but he gutted it out and was more than good. Not many teams can stick with Edelman and Amendola so well right off the snap.

Monster performance indeed. That 4th down stop where he hung on until help arrived summed up his game in a nut shell, bared his heart and soul out there. He's such an integral cog in this defense, it would have been nearly an impossible task to win if he was out or didn't play the way he did, I agree. Though I do love Roby, and he is more than a serviceable replacement, he doesn't quite have the athletic ability or football IQ that Chris has to lock down receivers like that at this point in his career. Trending that way though, which is exciting.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Be a good way to spend your 1st round pick.

Ug2xBjZ.gif

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Know who else sucked during their first try at being a HC? Bill Belichick. Among countless others.They call it a learning curve and at 33 years old, he was in for a big one considering he'd been sheltered under BB for his coaching career and at the time, was the youngest ever.[/QUOTE]
We even heard that load when he was running the Broncos into the ground. Aside from all the stuff that you'd hope would be assumed knowledge, don't replace your QB with a worse one or don't hire your brother out of high school coaching, McSpygate makes me doubt his capacity to learn. After the Goodel/Jets frame job put on the Pats for that who someone would have to be stupid to be either complicit or cover up a similar incident.

And Brady has only Five years left so Ben McDaniels will probably be OC Garapalo's replacement.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Be a good way to spend your 1st round pick.

too mean

Just heard a fact that goes along with my comments about getting pressure on Brady without blitzing- Denver blitzed 17% of the time, a season low for them, and hit the QB more than any other QB had been hit this year. Pressure without blitzing. "Major Key""- DJ Khaled

Pats would have lost 4 1sts and Belichick would have been given the chair if the Pats did McSpygate ;)

Sep 19, 2008
RT @RapSheet #Patriots are parting ways with offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, sources say. One day after Tom Brady took a record number of hits

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Pats would have lost 4 1sts and Belichick would have been given the chair if the Pats did McSpygate ;)

What a coincidence! McDaniels wasted 4 1sts in two years here. I guess the league figured having him as coach was punishment enough.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
What a coincidence! McDaniels wasted 4 1sts in two years here. I guess the league figured having him as coach was punishment enough.

:laugh:

As for Googs god damn it's a cold world. No amount of coaching is gonna make Cannon and Fleming not be turds with legs.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Like the avatar? Feeling converted yet?

Cheering for The Sheriff and his deputies in SB 50? ;)

As I said yesterday, I am cheering for the Broncos in the SB. Hate them, but respect them. Can't stand Cam Newton's schtick.

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I wish Manning gets his second ring and rides into the sunset.

I never thought I would.cheer.for Manning in a SB :laugh:

I thought I could cheer for the Panthers because.it.would be against Denver... but I.just can't. Incredible.team, but everything about them rubs.me the.wrong way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Try harder :naughty:

I was surprisingly zen after the game, looking forward to the offseason and next year

Me too. I don't feel like I was robbed at all in any way really, the better team won yesterday and that's something I can certainly live with. It's disappointing because it would have been so gratifying for them to hock a loogie in Rog's eye and win the SB, but it just wasn't meant to be this year. It's alright though, the team is still young and Tom is still great. A little under 8 months til opening day.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Me too. I don't feel like I was robbed at all in any way really, the better team won yesterday and that's something I can certainly live with. It's disappointing because it would have been so gratifying for them to hock a loogie in Rog's eye and win the SB, but it just wasn't meant to be this year. It's alright though, the team is still young and Tom is still great. A little under 8 months til opening day.

Agreed, 100%. Can't win them all.

If I remember correctly we.don't really have major FAs. Sucks that we don't have a 1st rounder, though.

Honestly, we need help on the OL and a deep threat and we are nearly perfect. Maybe a run stopper on the DL as well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agreed, 100%. Can't win them all.

If I remember correctly we.don't really have major FAs. Sucks that we don't have a 1st rounder, though.

Honestly, we need help on the OL and a deep threat and we are nearly perfect. Maybe a run stopper on the DL as well.

Yeah I hope they retain Hicks, thought he was great. Maybe bring in a running back as Lewis insurance, I don't see Blount back.

Not having a back to make those elite pass rushers a little reluctant of pinning their ears back and going for Brady really killed them. They've been able to get away with abandoning the run altogether in the past, but it reaches a point where that simply won't work if you are facing a pass rush playing that well. Granted a lot of that is on the offensive line, but the talent out of the backfield simply wasn't there

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
New England needs speed on offense at the skill positions and a revamped o-line. The defense is fairly solid. Might need an interior pass rusher. Malcolm Brown is a great run stuffer but doesn't push pockets. Easley can't stay healthy. Luckily this draft is very deep on the d-line with true star power at the top.

bWo*

[Tweet]691442854544216064[/Tweet]

The D was a pleasant surprise this year

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Firing the O-line coach when they probably shouldn't have left their tackles on islands all day.

Yup, took them nearly 3 quarters to start using a tight end to chip Miller. Hoodie and McHoodie got badly outcoached by Phillips, this cant be said enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad