NFL GDT: AFC Championship Game: (1) Denver Broncos vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
"The end goal was not accomplished but I don't know how anybody can be too disappointed with the finish given the rash of injuries all year."

Are you talking about this? How do you get injury excuses from this? You're looking too hard for something that isn't there

That's just typical of someone with zero reading comprehension who is looking to try and basically troll because another team he doesn't like lost.

The amount of real estate a franchise has to own in ones head...borderline sad really. Drop gonna drop I guess tho.

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
2 clutch 4th down conversions by Brady.

Broncos were better. Deserved to win. Good to see Manning get a chance at a SB.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
2 clutch 4th down conversions by Brady.

Broncos were better. Deserved to win. Good to see Manning get a chance at a SB.

I haven't seen a Pats offense with a mostly full complement of weapons look so pedestrian before, it's a testament to them murdering Brady on what seemed like at least half of the snaps.

bWo*

I haven't seen a Pats offense with a mostly full complement of weapons look so pedestrian before, it's a testament to them murdering Brady on what seemed like at least half of the snaps.

After cutting mayo and lafell we have 13M to use to rebuild an O line and get an actual deep threat like Jeffrey

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I just ****ing landed and saw that the ****ing PAT ended up costing us the game. **** me!

Congrats Broncos fans. I will be rooting for you in the SB. I hate you, but respect you. The Panthers are showboating clowns, I can respect and admire their talent, but that's it. Would be better for football.if you guys win. Good luck.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Even with 2 INTs I think Brady outplayed Manning. Manning did not have to play have to contend with nearly the ferocious pass rush Brady did and Manning does not have nearly as mediocre an O-Line as Brady. Brady made some mistakes in the first half but I thought he was pretty cool under pressure in the second half, especially in the final drives tossing the ball away when under pressure yet close enough to his receivers to not take an intentional grounding penalty. If the kicker had not missed the extra point the game goes to overtime and it's anyone's to win.

Brady still greater than Manning.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
It's funny how everyone is only giving the Broncos D credit. What about all those years when Brady rode Belichick's elite defenses / short game?

I'm not even going to blame Brady for his 2 INTs. It's a team game. Can't do anything when you're constantly under pressure.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's funny how everyone is only giving the Broncos D credit. What about all those years when Brady rode Belichick's elite defenses / short game?

I'm not even going to blame Brady for his 2 INTs. It's a team game. Can't do anything when you're constantly under pressure.
Brady wasn't a star, but he was definitely above average.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Shannon should worry about himself and not choking on his tongue everytime he tries to talk on TV

i

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
No doubt that the Broncos were the better team and deserved to win. Bonehead call by Belichick to go for it with 7 min left. Gutsy performance by Brady, that guy is made of steel.

Game was lost week 17 in Miami. Too bad half the roster was out with an injury that game.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also The game yesterday is why I was making the argument that Gronk should be the MVP if Cam Newton didn't exist in the discussion thread. Talk about putting the team on your back down the stretch. Not enough but still an absurd game from him, especially with him being banged up towards the end of the game. Doubled and injured...still doesn't matter.

Demarcus Ware hit Brady 7 times. Have a god damn day.

Malik Jackson seemed like he was everywhere too. Overshadowed by the big two pass rushers but I thought he was consistently making plays and getting pressure

Sep 19, 2008
The game hinged on the 4th down plays. Get 3 points the first two times and the Pats win.

20-12

Go for it on 4th down and 1 and fail. Didn't get 3. Could have been 20-15.

Second time also in FG range, go for it again, didn't convert. If you hit a FG there it's 20-18.

Then all Brady would have had to do is drive them down for a winning FG.

I don't buy the excuse about the defense because the defense held the Broncos late in the 4th. They needed to come away with points

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
With all the whining you do I thought you were all about repetition. :naughty:

Not whining, more like truth-seeking :nod:

(because I was 100% right on deflategate and everybody else was 100% wrong, like so wrong they should wake up every morning cringing at how dumb they were)

But that's neither here nor there, HILARIOUS BRO!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not whining, more like truth-seeking :nod:

(because I was 100% right on deflategate and everybody else was 100% wrong, like so wrong they should wake up every morning cringing at how dumb they were)
Of course you were.
:snide:

But that's neither here nor there, HILARIOUS BRO!
Oh I haven't stopped laughing.

It would do the Pats and their soon to be expired cult to realize their station in this match up.:teach2:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The game hinged on the 4th down plays. Get 3 points the first two times and the Pats win.

20-12

Go for it on 4th down and 1 and fail. Didn't get 3. Could have been 20-15.

Second time also in FG range, go for it again, didn't convert. If you hit a FG there it's 20-18.

Then all Brady would have had to do is drive them down for a winning FG.

I don't buy the excuse about the defense because the defense held the Broncos late in the 4th. They needed to come away with points

Agreed, I wanted BB to take the points to make it 20-15

On the final drive:

It was a complete fluke that they converted those two 4th down passes to Gronk given the pass rush, trying for a 3rd conversion was simply asking for too much. I'm pretty sure Marcus Cannon didn't make contact with any pass rushers in the 2nd half, a complete and total statue. It's a testament to how bad he is, but it's also a testament to how explosive Miller and Ware were off the snap. There were multiple instances where Miller beat him untouched...that's freakish ability even if Cannon sucks. He couldn't even chip him.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Also The game yesterday is why I was making the argument that Gronk should be the MVP if Cam Newton didn't exist in the discussion thread. Talk about putting the team on your back down the stretch. Not enough but still an absurd game from him, especially with him being banged up towards the end of the game. Doubled and injured...still doesn't matter.

Demarcus Ware hit Brady 7 times. Have a god damn day.

Malik Jackson seemed like he was everywhere too. Overshadowed by the big two pass rushers but I thought he was consistently making plays and getting pressure

That Brady-Gronk connection is insane. I had to watch that 4th down TD conversion a hundred times to figure out how the hell they managed to complete that. The 40 yard bomb was an impeccable throw as well... sometimes it seems like they do it on pure willpower alone. No way you guys wouldn't have won in OT without Stew and Ward back there, IMO.

Praying Elway can work his magic and resign Malik this off-season but it's looking rather unlikely at this point. He and Wolfe and incredible on the inside.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Of course you were.
:snide:

Oh I haven't stopped laughing.

It would do the Pats and their soon to be expired cult to realize their station in this match up.:teach2:

damn right I was

And what, the Patriots can't win in Denver? Whoopdie doo, that goes for a lot of teams. Can't dominate everybody. Can't win the Super Bowl every year. I'll take the 4 rings and an AFCCG every year thank you very much :)

As for you calling Pats fans bandwagoners, whatever, I don't really give a ****. I know I'll be watching every Sunday regardless. Just kind of a needless troll job but not surprising coming from you :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad