GDT: AEW Fight for the Fallen | July 13th 2019 - 830pm - Jacksonville, FL (No EVOLVE spoilers!)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
"goodbye, smooch and good boing"?

is that what I really read closed the show? Oh lord, give me that Cornette review :laugh:

Correct, and they thought they were off the air when they weren’t. They also complained about being counter programmed while giving their rather small donation. There was good stuff tonight, but I really dislike the booking as a whole.

There’s nothing wrong with Hangman, but he is someone I think WWE would push, and ultimately I would like an alternative to that. There are also a lot more talented people than him on their roster.

At least there’s NJPW.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That is super amateurish if they thought they were off the air and didn’t realize they weren’t lol.

Idk, there was good stuff on the show but a lot of it also just felt “there” for me. It just feels like an upgrade over the super long WWE PPVs, but not on an NXT level and definitely not on a NJPW level.

I don’t like a lot of wrestling these days anyways so I’m probably biased. I’m firmly in the NJPW or NXT or bust camp these days, and even then I can’t/won’t watch them all.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That is super amateurish if they thought they were off the air and didn’t realize they weren’t lol.

Idk, there was good stuff on the show but a lot of it also just felt “there” for me. It just feels like an upgrade over the super long WWE PPVs, but not on an NXT level and definitely not on a NJPW level.

I don’t like a lot of wrestling these days anyways so I’m probably biased. I’m firmly in the NJPW or NXT or bust camp these days, and even then I can’t/won’t watch them all.

They didn’t think they were off air. Cody said he didn’t know if they were off air or not, because Cody knew they were running close, but wasn’t sure.

In terms of the Omega thing, I believe he altered it because his usual catch phrase doesn’t exactly a fit a charity show going towards victims of gun violence.

Reactions: Disclose

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Correct, and they thought they were off the air when they weren’t. They also complained about being counter programmed while giving their rather small donation. There was good stuff tonight, but I really dislike the booking as a whole.

There’s nothing wrong with Hangman, but he is someone I think WWE would push, and ultimately I would like an alternative to that. There are also a lot more talented people than him on their roster.

At least there’s NJPW.

The donation comment is pretty rubbish. Company is running their third show and is donating all of the proceeds. Whether it’s 100 bucks or a million, every donation towards a good cause is important.

Not sure what “someone WWE would push even means”. There have been plenty like Hangman who haven’t been pushed by the WWE. Unless you mean a “wrestler”. Just a weird criticism that hardly means anything

Reactions: Disclose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad