GDT: AEW Fight for the Fallen | July 13th 2019 - 830pm - Jacksonville, FL (No EVOLVE spoilers!)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We want SERIOUS wrestling!!

As soon as Bucks try... people complain again.
Because it supposedly sucked and went 30+ minutes. The dude in the arena (@Fro ) said how people were leaving mid-match lol.

The Bucks have done their shit for years. I’m never giving them another chance. I quite frankly don’t give a damn about them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
They’re giving you the Indy presentation. Except that they have a shit ton of money.

If tnt show is like that. I’m 100% satisfied.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Not sure what “someone WWE would push even means”. There have been plenty like Hangman who haven’t been pushed by the WWE. Unless you mean a “wrestler”. Just a weird criticism that hardly means anything

He's bland, straight out.

The donation comment is pretty rubbish. Company is running their third show and is donating all of the proceeds. Whether it’s 100 bucks or a million, every donation towards a good cause is important.

Of course, I agree with the last part, but when you are going to advertise something and televise it, having billions of dollars and all, I would expect the owner of the company to donate far more.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Criticisms;
- Could have done without Brandi/Allie, though I think Allie is awesome.
- Bucks/Rhodes should have went on before Omega/CIMA. That match should have main evented.
- I would have done that ceremony before the main event. Quick little thing, Cody’s speech got the crowd energized, woke them up a bit.
- Marvez needs to be off commentary. JR needs to be the third man, not the lead. Willing to give Excalibur more time.

Pros;
- Pretty much everything else.
- Sonny Kiss vs Avalon was better than expected. Nice and quick. Sonny looked good.
- Women’s Tag was kinda clunky. I look forward to Britt vs Bea.
- The six man tag was incredible. All six guys looked awesome. Loved how they had Spears and MJF working against each other. Heels can hate other heels
- Three way tag was again, awesome. All 3 teams looked awesome. Luchasaurus being so over makes me happy. Jungle Boy is incredible. Dark Order has potential. Angelico & Evans should go deep in the tournament IMO.
- Lucha Bros vs SoCal was a good match, though Rey Fenix was off. Lucha Bros vs Young Bucks in a ladder match will be a must watch.
- Page vs Kip wasn’t as good as I was hoping, but it was a fine match. Needed to follow the three way tag though instead of the Brandi match.
- Kenny Omega vs CIMA was legitimately awesome. Match of the night. Should’ve closed.
- Young Bucks vs Rhodes Bros was interesting. Almost seemed like the Bucks did a traditional style, while the Rhodes did some high flying spots. Was really interesting to see the Bucks put away the spots and the super kicks for the most part and show that’s not all they are. Again, not the match I would’ve closed with, but I still enjoyed it

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Because it supposedly sucked and went 30+ minutes. The dude in the arena (@Fro ) said how people were leaving mid-match lol.

The Bucks have done their **** for years. I’m never giving them another chance. I quite frankly don’t give a damn about them.

you dont like them and you didnt watch it..... why are you even arguing?

match was way slower thna usual. obviously cuz they knew it was gonna be long.
not my favorite for real. first cuz i dont like Cody in the ring and second cuz i love The Young Bucks being the Young Bucks.
but if theyre gonna be main eventing, then yes i can appreciate chann\ging their style so thy can last a little longer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
you dont like them and you didnt watch it..... why are you even arguing?

match was way slower thna usual. obviously cuz they knew it was gonna be long.
not my favorite for real. first cuz i dont like Cody in the ring and second cuz i love The Young Bucks being the Young Bucks.
but if theyre gonna be main eventing, then yes i can appreciate chann\ging their style so thy can last a little longer.
I literally didn’t even comment on the match or have any thoughts on it until you made your post, and I responded based off what I’ve read of the match and their attempt at “serious wrestling.”

My comments were about the ending of them knowing or not if they were still on the air. You’re the one who brought up the Bucks.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
well based on what i saw. i enjoyed it.... not what i read.

the ending was weird for sure. but when the 3 producers are there in the ring. meh. its funny, but for sure looks dumb lol.
again its "free" show and i think at this point we know what we're getting into.

if you dont like it cool. if no one likes it and they fail then it sucks for me, but whatever. still tons of wrestling out there that i can watch.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It wasn’t perfect. But it was far more positive than negative.

Commentary was the big thing for me. JR can’t be the lead guy. Make him third. Find a new actual commentator who can direct the show. What is Joey Styles up to these days?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
My favorite matches were the tag matches...3 way tag was really fun...and I really like SCU...I hope they make them strong...I feel like rn they are a 2 tag team company and everyone else

Reactions: ColePens
Oct 18, 2011
We want SERIOUS wrestling!!

As soon as Bucks try... people complain again.
Well the bucks have conditioned their fans to a certain style where it's nothing but spots if they're attempting to Transition to a different style it's gonna take awhile for ppl to adjust

Feb 24, 2017
They didn’t think they were off air. Cody said he didn’t know if they were off air or not, because Cody knew they were running close, but wasn’t sure.

In terms of the Omega thing, I believe he altered it because his usual catch phrase doesn’t exactly a fit a charity show going towards victims of gun violence.
What is omega’s usual catch phrase?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't agree Hangman is someone WWE would push. If you look at their roster, with very few exceptions, the people they push as the biggest stars are still the people that they feel they made in their system. Baron Corbin. Braun Strowman. Lacey Evans. Charlotte. Roman Reigns. Alexa Bliss. Even Becky was out of the game for 7 years before surfacing in their system.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can’t wait for All Out. Sucks it’s 6 weeks away, but there should be plenty of Road To episodes (well 6)

Hype is alive and well IMO it was never going to be perfect right away

Reactions: Disclose and Fro

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think its obvious what to expect now.
im sure theyre be more serious in the future. but this is who they are. this is what made them famous.
im 100% okay with it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will say.. All in and then DoN were lightning bolts to the industry. The rational thing was to take it day by day but both free PPV "specials" sort of derailed that momentum. Showed some amateur stuff but it's a company who is just beginning.

But this thing was full on head of steam and now it feels to have pulled back jussssst a touch. All Out will put it right back on track.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hangman does nothing for me. He's like a Bobby Roode guy. Amazing wrestler, cool look, more of that deep south style. Dude just does not move the needle for me. I like him but I would never stop what i'm doing to watch a match.

I still think WWE's play to go NXT vs. AEW is so mega smart. I would be utterly shocked if every single NXT fan was not also a fan of AEW. That's the competition.

Reactions: KIRK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad