GDT: AEW Fight for the Fallen | July 13th 2019 - 830pm - Jacksonville, FL (No EVOLVE spoilers!)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i love Page.
he was my favorite not named Kenny on the Elite.
i guess its shows how good NJPW is.... huhu

he's not huge, but the guy can move for his size. im a big fan but he does lack of charisma.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I lol'ed at the idea that WWE would push Hangman.

They have a bigger, better, more charismatic version of Hangman that they haven't done shit with for over a decade outside a MITB win so Del Rio could kick him in the head a million times to turn heel.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Hangman does nothing for me. He's like a Bobby Roode guy. Amazing wrestler, cool look, more of that deep south style. Dude just does not move the needle for me. I like him but I would never stop what i'm doing to watch a match.

I still think WWE's play to go NXT vs. AEW is so mega smart. I would be utterly shocked if every single NXT fan was not also a fan of AEW. That's the competition.

I love Bobby Roode. I also love Hangman Page. To me AEW are pushing the right people in the singles division.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I still have a lot of hope for AEW and think it can be the best promotion in NA. That said, after seeing their last few shows one thing really does stand out in my mind...ROH from say 2003-2010 really was a special run. I think that the dream was for AEW to get to that atmosphere, and I've got some doubt about it happening.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
AEW has great presentation. I was watching EVOLVE and of course it looked super indy compared to FFTF. I mean even comparing a guy like AG Green or Curt Stallion to AEW guys its feels like indy vs professional. Not talking about work rate or anything just look/feel. OTOH Josh Briggs was the guy who impressed me the most on both shows and he has future star written all over him.

I like Jungle Boy, MJF, I think Darby has something interesting going on. SCU is a great jobber act. The Lucha Bros are obviously one of the most talented tag teams, Penta has a ton of charisma and Rey is insane at what he can do. But I am meh on the rest. Omega just doesn't do it for me. I am always more impressed with the YB's opponents then them. Cody, while if you use the Roll of the Dice as a finisher you are dead to me.

And it really reeks when the EVP's make sure to give themselves close to 1 hour of wrestling time. There was no reason for the last 2 matches to be as long as they were. Just because the boys want to go out there and cosplay NJPW Tokyo Dome main events doesn't mean you do it.

Omega who is going to take on Mox, the biggest FA in the industry shouldn't need a 23 minute epic to beat 40 year old nearly retired CIMA. I already imagine that Mox-Omega is going to go 40+ minutes.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm still very hyped for AEW.

Hangman Page does absolutely nothing for me, though. You can't make that guy the biggest face of your company, you just can't. The crowd is going to turn on him immediately.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I still think it's jericho but you do need to start building up non - elite talent...b/c that's when everyone will dump on it, if they keep going over...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still think it's jericho but you do need to start building up non - elite talent...b/c that's when everyone will dump on it, if they keep going over...

Darby Allin, MJF, Shawn Spears, Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy are 5 guys already very over that aren’t the elite.

I was concerned heading into Double or Nothing, but they have done well putting people into positions for success.

Letting them be themselves and do what they do best helps a ton.

I’m actually really looking forward to this mid-card/tag group come when things actually get going.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jericho should win because he’s the draw, but he’s also old and slowed doing significantly, while Page just has no interesting element to him imho.

I’d imagine the belt eventually goes Jericho -> Moxley -> Omega unless some wild shit goes down with NJPW/AEW where Moxley has to choose one.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Darby Allin, MJF, Shawn Spears, Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy are 5 guys already very over that aren’t the elite.

I was concerned heading into Double or Nothing, but they have done well putting people into positions for success.

Letting them be themselves and do what they do best helps a ton.

I’m actually really looking forward to this mid-card/tag group come when things actually get going.

correct,however, last night Brandi, Bucks, Kenny, Page all won... (not saying the reasoning for it was wrong)

they are trying...but I am patiently waiting for more

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
correct,however, last night Brandi, Bucks, Kenny, Page all won... (not saying the reasoning for it was wrong)

they are trying...but I am patiently waiting for more

I mean, Kenny should have won. Page is in their title match, so he should have won. Bucks beat Cody, another elite member.

Allie should’ve beat Brandi, but it wasn’t a clean win and they were establishing the Brandi-Kong thing, so I get it.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I mean, Kenny should have won. Page is in their title match, so he should have won. Bucks beat Cody, another elite member.

Allie should’ve beat Brandi, but it wasn’t a clean win and they were establishing the Brandi-Kong thing, so I get it.

Bucks said in a recent interview that they wanted to lose one or both of their first two matches but it was Khan who overruled them.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
One thing I forgot, the jumbotron didnt have any live action on it, until the omega match, it went in and out...they never did get it right...probably most disappointing thing for the show

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
You couldn’t see well enough in the second row? :sarcasm:

wwe live shows are like that. They put their intros and cuts back to logos. Annoying indeed.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Guys have gotten over, but all the matches right now are around the EVP's. YB/Kenny/Cody all have storylines and Jerhico and BC memeber Page are fighting for the title.

Meanwhile MJF, Jungle Boy, Darby, Luchasaurus will be in some multi man match or something, and even other acts like Kiss or Evans/Angelico Guvera, Kip etc... are more afterthoughts and get regulated to multi man matches or battle royals.

Jerhico though should 100% win the title and they should promote Moxly vs Jerhico on their first show on TNT.

Reactions: Fro

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Guys have gotten over, but all the matches right now are around the EVP's. YB/Kenny/Cody all have storylines and Jerhico and BC memeber Page are fighting for the title.

Meanwhile MJF, Jungle Boy, Darby, Luchasaurus will be in some multi man match or something, and even other acts like Kiss or Evans/Angelico Guvera, Kip etc... are more afterthoughts and get regulated to multi man matches or battle royals.

Jerhico though should 100% win the title and they should promote Moxly vs Jerhico on their first show on TNT.

Until they are on TV, it will be pretty difficult to really build non-Elite wrestlers.

Reactions: ColePens

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What a tag division.

Young Bucks
Lucha Bros.
Best Friends
Dark Order
SCU
Angelico/Evans
Private Party
Luchasaurus/Jungle Boy
Havoc/Janela
Rhodes Brothers

The last 3 might not be consistent tag teams, but can easily pair together as well.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The hype has cooled off for me significantly imho.
These 2 shows sadly did do damage to the hype. Without these two shows, hype would be nuts. These shows were never supposed to be anything special but All In and DoN were so huge it raised the expectations even crazier.

At the end of the day, these two shows did sadly do damage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad