ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings (Series 3-2 DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am NOT ready for this to continue after the last game. Sure I'm happy we won but the fact we failed to do even a SINGLE THING for 50+ minutes and continue to do even less on the power play frightens me.

My biggest fear is that the Lightning are going to take their win for granted and let it go to their heads. Like our hard work finally paid off and we earned it. Bull that we earned that win!! The fact we won was absolute malarkey. A fluke. I'm afraid we're going let that get in our heads, come out nonchalantly because we're at home, and be cocky in a lazy way because managed to take a win at The Joe. If we suddenly think everything is okay because we are on home ice in an even series then chalk in tonight's W for the Wings right now at 11 AM.

In the meantime I think it's a very safe bet to say that whoever wins this game wins the series. Waaaayyyy too much momentum hinging on tonight.

May the better team win. And with that said

giphy.gif

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The problem is that Detroit has done as well as possible in terms of shutting the Bolts down offensively and the series is tied at 2. I'm not sure how the rest of the series will go, but if Stammer heats up, the Bolts win.

I think it's fair you bring up Stamkos' PO slump and understand he could be the "X factor" in this series, but you're leaving out the Henrik Zetterberg factor whose also been in a major slump. If he finds his "playoff beast mode" in time, then watch out. He's arguable the best playoff performer in the entire NHL and a former playoff MVP. I'll take a MVP Zetterberg over a heated up Stammer any day of the week in the playoffs if I had the choice.

I expect Zetterberg to be on fire tonight. I think he's going to come out pissed after that humiliation game and lead by example. He took two penalties last game which is very un-Zetterberg like. He's just too prideful to let this slip away on his watch. And if Mrazek dominates like he did in games 1 and game 3, lookout! I like DRWs chances.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
This series is not over. It's not a huge deal to win or lose two straight. Tampa still has a very good chance to win this thing.

It's not the losses, it's how they're losing.

This is on Cooper and Bishop. Cooper for not adjusting and Bishop for letting in a softie every game. Both things are deflating to the Bolts.

Not over yet of course, but it looks close.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
This series is over. It was over when they got shut out in game 3. No confidence, playing even softer than usual (which is incredible), unable to do really anything against Detroit. No adaptability, no creativity.

Cooper wears the biggest pair of goat horns for me, but there's quite a few pair to go around. I really just hope it's a blowout for Detroit in the next game. A close one just gives the Lightning the opportunity to continue the bull**** narrative that they're playing the right way and just not getting the bounces.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's not the losses, it's how they're losing.

This is on Cooper and Bishop. Cooper for not adjusting and Bishop for letting in a softie every game. Both things are deflating to the Bolts.

Not over yet of course, but it looks close.

How people can blame Bishop is beyond me. This team's problems lie a lot deeper than goaltending. They've been shutout twice. Having a performance like tonight is a fault of the other 18 guys in front of him. And it's starts with Stamkos. Mrazek basically got a free shutout in this game. He wasn't tested at all.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
What's going on? I haven't watched the games but is Tampa really playing this bad? My dad had a big tournament at work for a hockey pool and I made sure he had Rangers vs Tampa in the East. Still a huge future just surprised that they face elimination already.

Nomahe

Apr 25, 2015
What's going on? I haven't watched the games but is Tampa really playing this bad? My dad had a big tournament at work for a hockey pool and I made sure he had Rangers vs Tampa in the East. Still a huge future just surprised that they face elimination already.

Johnson is beast mode for Tampa. Bishop is better than most are saying here. The Wings are locking down everyone like the 90's Left Wing Lock was. Tbh, this is 90% on Cooper. The Wings aren't this great but Babcock is making Cooper his *****

The Wings are all about 2-way and back checking. That helps a lot.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004

This is worse than last year against Montreal, wins aside. If they didn't complete that miracle comeback in game 4,theyd of already been golfing.

Glad it's coming to an end Monday night.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If TB remains a one line team, they stand no chance. Which means either Stamkos has to step up (which is on him), or he has to be demoted so someone who can play can get a chance (which is on Cooper).

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This is worse than last year against Montreal, wins aside. If they didn't complete that miracle comeback in game 4,theyd of already been golfing.

Glad it's coming to an end Monday night.

Me too. I hope for some big changes during the summer. Failing like this two years in a row isn't acceptable. We had excuses like Bishop getting hurt last year but we don't have them this year. We have to re-evaluate this whole team and how it's built for playoffs hockey.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
why do people always say that Mrazek had a free shutout? No tests at all

He had multiple amazing saves. And also a shutout is a shutout no matter what team

mmmmm your tears are so tasty ;)

Dont wrry you guys will probably say this to me come game 7

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

He had multiple amazing saves. And also a shutout is a shutout no matter what team

It's not tears. I hate how my team played tonight. He didn't have multiple amazing saves. They made it easy for him except for a couple of times. I have liked Mrazek since I saw him in WJC playing for the Czechs but this was an easy shutout for him. He was great in game 1, got exposed in game 2 and game 4 but other than that, Detroit has played great team defense.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004

Funny how the narrative changes to fit your argument. I remember the countless Wings fans in here after game 1 talking about how Tampa wasnt testing Mrazek at all and it was all weak perimeter shots. Nothing dangerous.

Now he's got some shutouts but he's making these miraculous saves against the most dangerous of shots. Lol.

Yes, a shutout is a shutout, good on him. He's being helped by the D in front of him, but he's also being helped by Tampa as well.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Rangers fan here. I'm one of the 70%. Can't believe that TB is doing everything to lose this series. I mean, Detroit should NEVER be disregarded, but for all intents and purposes, TB really should beat them. I mean c'mon, is Mrazek really God's gift to the NHL? With absolutely NO playoff experience? Even the hamburglar has come down to earth. It's about longevity, and apparently Detroit has it going on over TB's supposed talent. Wow. It's not over, but beating Detroit in game 6 should give them automatic game 7 win. But, I wouldn't bet on them winning game 6, not now way, no how.

P.S. Really wanted TB in Eastern finals. They had our number when we didn't have our game together. Even if the Rangers won this year's cup.....I'm sure some people would say they wouldn't have beaten TB (just like last year, that we wouldn't have beaten Montreal with Price) .......don't wanna hear that. Bring it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hopefully Mrazek follows up this game with his first solid back to back 60 minute game in a couple months. Not sure if they will close out on Monday, they should, but it is on the Wings leadership group and Mrazek to close this out at the JLA.

First 10 minutes of that game will be crucial, Detroit needs to establish a lead and make Tampa play chase hockey for the night.

Still Tampa has been shutout three times this year and all are that hands of Mrazek. He is that good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad