ADSF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (3) Detroit Red Wings (Series 3-2 DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
real talk- If you asked Detriot fans at the start of the series that this series would end up a best of three, they would take it every time. TBay fans? not so much.:amazed:

Eh. Most of us expected a 6 game series. I voted 5 games because homer and I had tickets to game 5 so was hoping.

The pre series talk in this thread was just a couple of us trying to rile up Detroit fans. Most of us were ready for a decent series overall.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I have a feeling zetterberg is gonna have a big game.

I expect both Zetterberg and Mrazek to have HUGE games. Mrazek has been an amazing bounce back goalie and I'm sure he's foaming at the mouth for today's game.

Also, lets not forget the Babcock factor. I'm sure he's got a strategy that will stump Cooper.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I expect both Zetterberg and Mrazek to have HUGE games. Mrazek has been an amazing bounce back goalie and I'm sure he's foaming at the mouth for today's game.

Also, lets not forget the Babcock factor. I'm sure he's got a strategy that will stump Cooper.

That'll be a tough one. Last change should help Coop a lot.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
There's more to hockey than last change. I think Babcock does smothering man on man coverage and might mix up the lines a bit.

Babcock knows how to shut down Crosby and Malkin on the road, I'm sure Tampa won't be mind boggling for him.

We'll see tho. Mrazek might make Babock's job easy again.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
There's more to hockey than last change. I think Babcock does smothering man on man coverage and might mix up the lines a bit.

Babcock knows how to shut down Crosby and Malkin on the road, I'm sure Tampa won't be mind boggling for him.

We'll see tho. Mrazek might make Babock's job easy again.

The problem is that Detroit has done as well as possible in terms of shutting the Bolts down offensively and the series is tied at 2. I'm not sure how the rest of the series will go, but if Stammer heats up, the Bolts win.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Eh. Most of us expected a 6 game series. I voted 5 games because homer and I had tickets to game 5 so was hoping.

The pre series talk in this thread was just a couple of us trying to rile up Detroit fans. Most of us were ready for a decent series overall.

lmao yes you've been so innocent and friendly this entire time, and now that you actually have some fear of doubt you are attempting some semblance of decency. :laugh:

Looking back through your posts alone in this thread is comical, and that is saying it nicely.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Babs will change on the Fly.. Glen will always be out against Johnson as soon as Babcock sees him. So Tampa has to score quick and efficently.

All hands on the Mrazek train

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Babs will change on the Fly.. Glen will always be out against Johnson as soon as Babcock sees him. So Tampa has to score quick and efficently.

But we cannot discount game 2. It's not fair to expect him to be great all series. Bishop's numbers, otoh, may well be due to improve.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
But we cannot discount game 2. It's not fair to expect him to be great all series. Bishop's numbers, otoh, may well be due to improve.

Definetly Not.. But Mrazek likes big games (see game 1 3 and 4)

Game #4 wasnt his fault they lost. He only let in 1 stoppable one.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
Tampa Bay Lightning has played very well, and their best players have played nice. Tyler Johnson, Victor Hedman... All they need is an explosive eruption from the best scorer in the game, Steve Stamkos, and the series is tapped over. Even if Stamkos doesn't produce I think the Lightning advance to next round and next challenge.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Getting to the bench vs. TKO might be a tougher task than you think.

You'll need to depend on structure again. Clogging up the slot seems to work pretty well against us. Match-ups won't be as much of a factor. If you win here though, I don't see us winning in Detroit again. So we need this one, I think.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Definetly Not.. But Mrazek likes big games (see game 1 3 and 4)

Game #4 wasnt his fault they lost. He only let in 1 stoppable one.

And the outcome of Game 4 might have been the confidence boost the Lightning offense needed. They have a young offensive core with very little playoff experience. That could have been the playoff moment that jumpstarts this offense. Just as possible.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
lmao yes you've been so innocent and friendly this entire time, and now that you actually have some fear of doubt you are attempting some semblance of decency. :laugh:

Looking back through your posts alone in this thread is comical, and that is saying it nicely.

Please. Look at who my interactions were with. Posters for the Wings that are exactly like I am. It was pre series banter. Nothing more nothing less. Get over it.

And I'm as nervous now as I was at game 1. It's the playoffs. If you aren't nervous throughout you have no soul.

Good luck with that. Did he not try to match him in games 1 and 2? Both which should have been TB wins. If he's pulling a skater off with TKO on the ice and giving them 4-5 seconds of extra man time to gain the zone, you'll be pulling pucks out of your net often. I think he splits up his shut down guys as much as possible so odds are one of Glendenning, Datsyuk, or Zetterberg are on the ice. That would make more sense IMO.

Reno

Jan 21, 2007
The two plays are completely different. Detroit player initiated contact on both plays. The fact that you feel they are remotely similar is laughable at best.

And it's weird. Because TB is an elite possession team. Better than Detroit in most metrics in fact. Yet no one says anything about them setting picks and interference plays every 5 seconds. Odd.

That's because they don't have Eddie O whispering in their ear about TB. No one on this board complained about the "subtle picks" until it became Ed's mantra

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's because they don't have Eddie O whispering in their ear about TB. No one on this board complained about the "subtle picks" until it became Ed's mantra

Doesn't mean it's not happening. It clearly happens. It's just never the puck carrier. Brenden Morrow actually had someone grab his stick to slow him down while he was forechecking and he probably took it as a compliment because I doubt it's happened to him in 10 years.

If you can get away with it though, it's not DRW's fault for doing it. It's on the league to figure out if they want it in the game or not. If they do, then so be it, and teams will have to adjust and not base their game so much on speed. It's creeping back in all over, mostly in the west though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad