Post-Game Talk: ADSF #1 - 04/12/17 | RANGERS @ canadiens (PGT begins at #571)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yep. I love that we fought it off and had dominating moments ourselves, but we need to score on some to stand a chance. We really haven't scored on Price yet. Not that they've scored on Hank. Just saying. These games won't all be tight like this. People downplay their offense but it's dangerous. We need ours to be more dangerous. Not Glass off a faceoff and Grabner EN. Either way, I'm happy. I just know we need way more to win.

How's that "pessimisim" level of yours Stasis?

So far that "optimism" level of mine trumps yours which I'm sure you don't mind.

That said, you need to think a bit more positive about our boys. Habs are really very flawed despite what warts you think we have....:)

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Gee I wonder why you are rooting for us...lol

Sorry to disappoint you but we aint sweeping the Habs.

We had to win one of these first two at the Bell Centre to insure that the series goes 6 or 7 and we did that.

Habs will come out on Friday knowing that their season is on the line and I anticipate they will likely play alot better than they did tonight.

Can we win that game? Of course we can. Will we? I'd think the odds of us doing so are pretty slim. I think my mindset is same as the players and team. They knew as I did so long as we got a split at the Bell Centre, that was the goal and we accomplished that. As I said a few times in the thread, the 1st game on the road in the playoffs is usually the game the road team can steal and we did with flying colors.

For us to beat them twice? That would be amazing but I doubt it pretty highly.

I do think we are going to need to win one more game at the Bell Centre tho and it's likely going to be either Game 5 or Game 7. I hate to say this but I think we likely are not going to win Game 2 but hopeful tho. I hope I'm wrong but I think the Canadians are going to figure out a way to win a game at MSG. I really really hope I'm wrong about this but considering our struggles this year at home, how can I not think that Habs take one of our home games.

If they do, I'd obviously rather us win a Game 5 rather seeing we could end it at our barn for Game 6. I did predict before series tho we'd win it in 7 so anyway we slice and dice it unless we protect home ice we need to win one more game at the Bell Centre in order to advance to 2nd round.

Hopefully we can pull off a surprise on Friday. I'd think Hank would have to possibly pitch another shutout for that too occur.

All I know is that I'm going to sleep very very well. We got the job done and stole one at the Bell Centre. What a great win....:)

I think the odds of us winning game 2 is far greater than slim. Certainly Montreal is going to leave it all on the ice...but that doesn't mean we can't take them. We haven't exactly been great at home...so it would give us some breathing room to take the first two. Will we win on Friday? We'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure the team thinks they can. I do too.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
I beat MachineHead crapped his pants when he saw Danny G put on a defensive clinic.

Also MachineHead has been busy defending the Rangers on the mainboards guys that's why he hasn't posted much here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
big kudos to this board. you know if it were montreal fans they would be screaming their collective heads and whining off if nash speared markov like that.
oh yeah shaw barreling into Lundqvist as well. was price even touched tonight?

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
big kudos to this board. you know if it were montreal fans they would be screaming their collective heads and whining off if nash speared markov like that.

Price got hit with that Patrick Glass backhanded top shelf chedda cheese baby!!

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Habs fan chiming in. Just want to say that you guys have a great team... terribly underappreciated around the league.

Also, as a goalie myself, I just want to let you guys know how much I admire your HOF netminder. Truly a legend.

Thx for the post. Yes we have a HOF goalie and it would be nice if more of my brothers in here realize that tho he hasn't had his best season, his talent, pride and belief in himself especially when playoffs are at hand, trumps any of his struggles he has this season.

I still think this series goes minimum of 6 and 7 a very distinct possibility, so you are likely going to have some good moments going forward.

Thx again for your classy post....cheers

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
No sarcasm. That was exactly the way I was trying to be tonight. Quiet, didn't go nuts when Glass scored, didn't go nuts when the Habs got the 5 on 3. You are right. Gotta believe. That was well written and I agree with it all.

Well good to know Anthony. As you know sometimes it's hard to know on the web vs being with one face to face if someone is being serious or not. But glad to know you and I are on same wave length and that you thought what I wrote in that post was your thoughts as well.

All I can be and what I do is be honest. And I truly truly believe this this Ranger team is better than the Canadians are.

I firmly believe that alot of observers including most of our Ranger brothers in here put way too much credance in the fact that that Habs regular seaon ended up on such a high note seeing they were in a back and forth battle with the Senators for the division title. We on the other hand hand as I have said over and over had nothing to play for for past month other than to stay healthy.

Bigtime difference in compete level. I knew and I'm sure now some of the pesssimists in here see that I was right and that our compete level and sense of urgency now that the games meant something again for first time in 6 weeks, was a hundred times more intense and elite.

Anyways all good my friend...huge win for the boys and we accomplished step one of what we need to do to advance.....:)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
sf4hsw8.png

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I think the odds of us winning game 2 is far greater than slim. Certainly Montreal is going to leave it all on the ice...but that doesn't mean we can't take them. We haven't exactly been great at home...so it would give us some breathing room to take the first two. Will we win on Friday? We'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure the team thinks they can. I do too.

Broadway my friend, I hope and pray you are right. I just felt that winning one of the two games at the Bell Centre would be awesome and insure the fact that likely weren't going to lose the series and worst case it would be a long series.

If we win Friday, that would be beyond awesome and we would be the one's who could start thinking of maybe a sweep or winning in 5 like alot of our Ranger brothers in here thought the Habs would do to us.

I don't have any data supporting this but I'd bet the odds of road teams winning the first two games on the road in the Stanley Cup Playoffs has to be less than 20% if not 10%.

Bottom line is sure I'm hoping we can win Game 2 but I'd by lying if I said I'm not satisfied:nod: having won at least one of the two which thankfully was tonight....:nod:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
wait you want to take out lindberg? if Fast isnt 100 percent i guess that would be ok but he looked like he played pretty well. that entire line was solid and brought energy

Like i said, they played great but someone has to bite the bullet and you know glass isn't getting taken out based on physicality. It's either fast or lindberg and AV might keep fast in literally just for defensive purposes.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When Tanner Glass crushed his soul.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I will say, to be fair, AV did stop sending glass out in the final minutes. He replaced glass with Miller on Lindberg's line.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Smith gets an honorable mention. Guy looked stellar. Nothing flashy, nothing crazy, took a bad penalty, but he was a fantastic sight to watch. He fits this system well

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Hank was run at least 3 times tonight and everytime he covered the puck he was getting whacked and also getting chirped at. He didn't let it bother him at all.

Shaw, Ott and Gallagher all went out of their way to barrel into Hank.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

Thanks, it's about time I get some recognition for all the hard work I do around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad