Post-Game Talk: ADSF #1 - 04/12/17 | RANGERS @ canadiens (PGT begins at #571)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
They turned it on like the proverbial light switch.

Funny with all the Glass uproar here on hf he had a great game in addition to the goal.
Girardi played his best game of the season.
Hank was Hank.
Smith is a beast,tough, aggressive and smart. What a playoff pickup.
Brady is a future star and untouchable in my book.
Zuke heart of a lion,tiger and bear..our top corner man.

Hayes line needs an adjustment. I think Grabner is the issue. If he is not skating he is a regular player.He was chippy hanging while standing still..not a good sign. Call me crazy I sit him and insert Pavel. Move JT with Nash and Zib move Vesey with Hayes.

Staal played better than he has in the past 3 months(not saying much) and of course the move is Holden out Klein In.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You mean "penalty." Replays showed stick never touched and it was a dive.

Would love to see that high stick "penalty". Didn't look like he made contact but the the Montreal player definitely sold it well.
And Nash gets speared and doesn't even go down

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So we retained our away ice advantage, good start.

What is the odds for a crappy loss in G2? Do we have more in store this time around.

Les Hystericals, thoughts?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Would love to see that high stick "penalty". Didn't look like he made contact but the the Montreal player definitely sold it well.
And Nash gets speared and doesn't even go down

OTOH, Gallagher smacked Girardi in the face with his stick and it wasn't called.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
So we retained our away ice advantage, good start.

What is the odds for a crappy loss in G2? Do we have more in store this time around.

Les Hystericals, thoughts?

MTL was brutal as a team last night. Very weak on the puck. I expect them to step it up somewhat next game.

Bottom line is Rangers need to put more pucks past Price somehow.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think you could write up a better win to stick it to the know it all doom and gloomers on this board.

- Glass and Girardi with strong games. Glass with the game winning goal.
- Lundqvist turning back the clock and outplaying price
- a resolute and difficult to play against effort by the defense
- more physicality then we've seen all season
- AV hitting all the right notes with the lineup despite the narrative that he's the only guy holding us back. I mean honestly, could you picture Buchnevich and Clendening trying to navigate through such a gritty affair.

Very satisfying.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think the biggest thing we aren't talking about is that halleJOKEL isn't our HFCanes transplant...and we won.

Coincidence? :dunno:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think you could write up a better win to stick it to the know it all doom and gloomers on this board.

- AV hitting all the right notes with the lineup despite the narrative that he's the only guy holding us back. I mean honestly, could you picture Buchnevich and Clendening trying to navigate through such a gritty affair.

Very satisfying.

This might be the most underrated statement of the post-game analysis. As much as I would like Clendening to be our point-man on the PP, the gritty, physical aspect of the game might not translate well to his game

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
Why the eye test is a failure, people think Girardi has a good game because he had 3 nice hits haha...he was the reason Lundqvist had to be in god mode.

Overall a good game though, Glass' backhand was incredible and the 2nd period was probably the best period of the year.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Very satisfying.

This might be the most underrated statement of the post-game analysis. As much as I would like Clendening to be our point-man on the PP, the gritty, physical aspect of the game might not translate well to his game

And some how, some way our coach knew and knows better than some here do. Wow, who wouldve thunk it?

Now the question becomes, does Pavel EVER get a shot?

If this keeps up, Tanner might become our biggest loss this off season. Roflmao. Really.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Come to think of it, wouldnt surprise me one bit if we re-signed him to a 2 year deal. As far as I know.....we have NO ONE that does what Tanner does. Sad.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
could you picture Buchnevich and Clendening trying to navigate through such a gritty affair.

Yeah I could, actually, and they should still both play because they are better than the alternatives. Still a long way to go in this series and any potentially after. One game's result isn't a good basis to justify roster decisions.

Could Clendening really have been worse than Holden was last night? Did Holden "navigate through such a gritty affair?" He was lost for 3 periods. He'll be lucky if he didn't navigate himself right in to the press box.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
Someone needs to take Holden aside and tell him K.I.S.S...none of these giveaways in the defensive zone....

Also...looked like Rangers didn't start getting players in front of Price until the 3rd Period...they need to do more of that...

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville

Very satisfying.

A great point....and how about our Hobbit? He was smack dab in the middle of all that physicality, and kept coming back for more. Zuuc was all heart and determination last night.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

:laugh:

Yes, I'm sure both he and Buch would just crumple up like a newspaper in a corner of the rink. You guys make it sound like they would be throwing children in to the Octagon.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Yes, I'm sure both he and Buch would just crumple up like a newspaper in a corner of the rink. You guys make it sound like they would be throwing children in to the Octagon.

No. we are not. You are trying to justify a poor argument with hyperbole.

I am making the argument that, for this particular game, it would've been tough sledding for a couple of highly skilled but soft players

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl

I wouldn't throw Clendening out there - less like throwing children, more like deer in headlights. I mean, Holden made some truly atrocious passing decisions out there but judging by his ice time and AV's post game comments, it doesn't sound like he's coming out. Clendening makes similar passes under intense pressure.

I'd throw Klein in there for the sake of experience and grit and sit Holden if it were up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad